Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
Assuming he doesn't get toned down, Blitz is going to be cool with the Pick and Ban system, because if you let him through you have a plan for dealing with him. Which means your opponent might not pick him, which means you might not have a plan for dealing with him. I love that kind of nonsense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

I have faith that there's going to be an entire gamut of strategies around Blitz-baiting.

Assuming he doesn't get changed (he feels more like a Speed 3 in the vids)

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Adrenaline and the resulting heart beat increase causes reduction in fine motor control.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

If they do make a sequel to Rainbow Six Siege it will most likely be in the form of a total overhaul of the existing game. They'll say something like it's an "engine overhaul" but really they'll be migrating existing assets to a new game.

Also I have the feeling that this Outbreak mode is going to post up some HUGE numbers and get them thinking about more single player content.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Jamfrost posted:

Well, I guess no dupes will make it sting less. All in.

Please don't buy the drat Outbreak packs, if you go "all in" they're going to lock an increasing amount of stuff behind their stupid RNG gamble boxes rather than the good way they've been doing it, which is - check this out - letting you buy the poo poo you want to buy at a price they set.

Megaman's Jockstrap fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Feb 21, 2018

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Man, Ying's flashers really aren't very consistent, are they?

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Yeah, I guess the solution is to Get Better. I just started playing her and that LMG is a weird one...that + gadget "inconsistency" (my lack of understanding) is giving me fits.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

So I guess the Blitz "fix" on test server did absolutely nothing? He's still, apparently, monstrous.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

I'm willing to bet that Outbreak mode is going to be regularly rotated in on a set schedule because it's going to be REALLY popular.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Blitz busted down to "slightly faster than Speed 1" on the Test Server and will be "monitored closely" because "playing against him" was "not fun".

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

That's actually really cool.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Thief posted:

p much all the dlc operators are good fun:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbA-CwdV68k

:wow: some really great play there (and funny stuff)

good music choice too.

Megaman's Jockstrap fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Feb 27, 2018

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

The Kingfish posted:

I had a great time playing with PS4 goons last night.

Had a great time even though we got totally loving wrecked all night and I couldn't get it together even with your clutches. You did great.

I went back to some of the maps and tried to figure out what I could have done differently, especially on Oregon, and I got some new ideas.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

keyframe posted:

Lmao technical limitations my rear end.

People on Reddit are literally saying dumb poo poo like "you script kiddies wouldn't understand, they need to store 2 years worth of renown activity and retrieve it"

and it's like no, all the info they need to do it is right there whenever you check an operator's loadout. Complete bullshit.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Thief posted:

attachments are dirt cheap so we're only talking like 2k renown here but it just so happens that many of the cool skins and bundles cost about as much as a DLC operators.

veterans that bought season passes already spent all that extra renown outfitting every operator in the game.

It costs 5k renown to unlock all Ops in a CTU, there are 5 CTUs, so 25k Renown there.

+ ~400 renown for each op to get them scoped and gripped, so that's 20 * 400 = 8k more renown. Total 33k.

A ha! Enough renown to unlock Finka or Lion on the first day of the new season without buying the season pass, we can't have that!

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Yeah I didn't get Blackbeard's Birthday charm, which is a shame because the new birthday charms are pretty cool. But destroying 20 gadgets was hard for me in Casual, where a lot of the times your opponents don't set up anything in any predictable places!

Megaman's Jockstrap fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Mar 13, 2018

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

BTW I got my first ever Pulse wallbang with IQ and it was a very good feeling. Pistols are really good now!

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Minrad posted:

dont cameras count as gadgets?

just play twitch and kill cams, you'll be done in two games

No, unfortunately. Or at least they didn't for the Blackbeard Challenge, I don't think...

Thief posted:

one of the easiest ways to kill pulse is to prime a grenade and blow up the window he's camping. the splash damage usually at least downs him

I'm gonna do this. Thank you Thief, you're full of good advice and named after one of the best games of all time.

Megaman's Jockstrap fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Mar 13, 2018

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

LMAO a drat hologram? Can't wait to push the site and get gacked from 3 different angles as I ADS into some phony defender

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Yeah I mean a Hologram Defender is yet another indirect IQ buff, that will make Thief very happy.

I wonder if the Bulletproof Cam guy can bulletproof a Black Eye cam, that would be nasty! (and probably not allowed)

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Elysiume posted:

Each team gets to ban two operatives so the other team can't pick them in a given round. Curious how it'd work with only two hard breachers.

To clarify: neither team can pick them. So if Team 1 bans Lion and Mute, and Team 2 bans Hibana and Bandit, that means those four operators are out for the entire duration of the map, for both teams, when attacking and defending.

I imagine we'll see lots of Mira and Lion bans (if Lion doesn't get toned down because he's 100% pickrate at the moment)

The Bananana posted:

Please watch this 4 min video of me on my favorite map.

https://youtu.be/-tkp0CvBLkA

LMAO nice work

Megaman's Jockstrap fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Mar 15, 2018

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

The Bananana posted:

Weird, I don't see the benefit of lion at my level of play. Too brief an effect, and too easy to beat. Course, I'm no mlg, so I guess I'm just missing something.

Watch last week's games, EG uses him to absolutely brutal effect and not just to defend defuser plants. There's lots of situations where they drone out a defender, cut him off or pressure him, then call in a Lion scan and give them the Sophie's Choice of moving and dying or not moving and dying.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

The "voting to kick a guy who couldn't clutch a 1v4" thing is hilarious to me. I will never vote to kick anyone who fails to pull it out and in fact the harder they gently caress it up the funnier it is. The last operator being piss scared, creeping around for 40 seconds burning time, then realizing the round is almost over and blundering into the objective only to hit a Frost trap and then die to a Lesion mine while 3 anchors teabag in each corner of the room...good stuff!

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

BTW I admit that the one game of Outbreak that I played with pubs wasn't very fun and I won't miss the mode. I was convinced it would be really good and popular, and that I was going to miss it. I was wrong.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Thief posted:

theme park owns but they really hosed up the opportunity for a perfect Hard Boiled tribute

Tower has a Tea Room and a Bird Room, use your imagination. ;)

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Also if the rumors are true there's gonna be an option for bulletproof cameras, and that will do a lot for Defender info.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Yeah but unlike a general alarm only Lesion knows what's tripped and needs to call it out. A general alarm is quite a bit better than that.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

*psssst sound as Legion mine goes off*

Me (as Lesion): Uh guys one of my mines went off...hold on...it's the one by the stairs in the hallway outside the room...no the other hallway! The other hallway! *everyone dies*

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

I gotta tell you guys that Maestro looks like my boy. Got that Tropico look going on and a shitload of shotgun shells.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

I think they're both awesome names and I'm annoyed they're on the same op tbh

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

afkmacro posted:

maestro better have a dictator/general's uniform for his elite skin.

"Maestrolini"

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

More datamining has revealed a new entity type: the Auto Turret.

Possible Tchanka buff? Or something to do with Maestro? Let the speculation to drive 100 Youtube videos begin!

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Penpal posted:

If you don't have every pistol kitted with a silencer & laser sight + the matte black skin you have to turn in your fake counter-terrorism unit badge.

The only pass is the french revolver.

The Feral seasonal skin from White Noise looks great on pistols, I love it.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

The Bananana posted:

Can someone explain to me how the road rujnner was able to do this please?

his gadget hard counters the coyote

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

People are missing the very obvious connection that the auto turret is for Tachanka.

Also the Italian CTU is going to have an attacker and a defender like all the others, the defender has a hologram, so that means Maestro is the attacker and an auto-turret would be a very strange thing to have in that role (kind of like a super-claymore I guess)

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Jack Trades posted:

Just like CBRN?

By "all the others" I meant "all the ones of the same national origin", the CBRN is not that and neither is whatever one they use for Season 3 (which will be 2 Defenders of different national origins)

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Sherlock does cocaine, IIRC. He actually shits on an opium den in The Man With The Twisted Lip IIRC

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

The best defense against teamkilling on casual is to play with a full squad. Otherwise yeah it's a total crapshoot (literally)

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

They're changing the recoil system, but claim that it's very close to the original system (!?!??!) so....ok?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

LOL Lion is getting rocked. Down to 2 scans, the outline stops the moment you stop moving, and the cooldown is doubled to 20 seconds.

Get_Flanked had a good idea, he said Lion should have to look at his arm for the entire scan wind-up and execution, so he was basically out of the fight for the duration of the scan. So the Defenders know that the Attackers are a man down for the whole scan.