Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

BORN TO MOD
USPOL IS A FUCK
Onigami Toxx Em All 2019
I am party plane jones
410,747,864,530 PERMABANNED SHITPOSTERS

Fun Shoe

http://i.imgur.com/P5RwRwG.mp4

raptor legs never forget

Party Plane Jones fucked around with this message at Jan 4, 2018 around 22:56

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

BORN TO MOD
USPOL IS A FUCK
Onigami Toxx Em All 2019
I am party plane jones

Fun Shoe

1stGear posted:

Already past that deadline, hence the approximately two hours ago.

Its probably okay. Not entirely certain I'll like this game.

You can get past that deadline by saying that you spent that amount of time trying to get it working properly. Steam has a fairly lax 'one time only refund' policy if you can get a human being to look at it.

Then again it was like $8 on sale so eh

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

BORN TO MOD
USPOL IS A FUCK
Onigami Toxx Em All 2019
I am party plane jones

Fun Shoe

Don't get the club rewards 200 renown, it's a loving suckers unlock meant to bilk you out of your uplay points. You can use 100 uplay points for a 20% off voucher in the store.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

BORN TO MOD
USPOL IS A FUCK
Onigami Toxx Em All 2019
I am party plane jones

Fun Shoe

Jack Trades posted:

In fact one of the reason why I stopped playing Overwatch was because people were constantly unhappy about what character I was playing, which doesn't seem to happen much even in Ranked Siege.
At least not at the High Silver/Low Gold ranks.

Unless you play Tachanka people aren't going to give that much of a poo poo about your OP.

If you take Tachanka more than once people are going to start blocking you by selecting him and then switching to what they want at the last possible second.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

BORN TO MOD
USPOL IS A FUCK
Onigami Toxx Em All 2019
I am party plane jones

Fun Shoe

Good job ubi

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

BORN TO MOD
USPOL IS A FUCK
Onigami Toxx Em All 2019
I am party plane jones

Fun Shoe

So did they drop the Twitch changes yet? I have the feeling they might change them around a bit because the reddit reaction to that was a bit

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

BORN TO MOD
USPOL IS A FUCK
Onigami Toxx Em All 2019
I am party plane jones

Fun Shoe

The all-black skins blend in far better than any of the other ones, particularly in areas with poor lighting. Which is why they command a premium.

Similarly people buy the twitch elite skin not for how it looks for the player model but because it changes the drone color to something that blends in with a lot more flooring than the original one.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

BORN TO MOD
USPOL IS A FUCK
Onigami Toxx Em All 2019
I am party plane jones

Fun Shoe

Major Isoor posted:

This! He should also get the steel front-only body armour the Soviets made during WW2 to go with the theme of his helmet, too. (Both of which should protect him from one rifle round, or a couple of pistol/SMG rounds)

All of this looks like german WW1 trench armor for machine gunners, not so much soviet armor. Especially since there's a tankgewehr in the hands of the rightmost guy.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

BORN TO MOD
USPOL IS A FUCK
Onigami Toxx Em All 2019
I am party plane jones

Fun Shoe

Bank is the only map that I feel I can get reliably jumped out on and completely hosed by it due to the way the streetside spawns are set up. Back alley far less so.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

BORN TO MOD
USPOL IS A FUCK
Onigami Toxx Em All 2019
I am party plane jones

Fun Shoe

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Say that to the loser twitch weakly punching on the window downstairs window on boarder with 15 seconds left!

Castle is good and strong.

Castle is strong on a couple maps but none more than bank. Sealing off vault on hostage generally fucks attackers if you kill Ash/Hibana ahead of them reaching the gold room.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

BORN TO MOD
USPOL IS A FUCK
Onigami Toxx Em All 2019
I am party plane jones

Fun Shoe

goodness posted:

Is the hacking/bugs in ranked as pervasive as reddit makes them appear?

Hacking is extremely rare since thanks to BattlEye (note: battleye actually works in this game as opposed to PUBG's half rear end implementation of it) so hacking is pretty much done by hack creators who want to test on a working BE game client and the people willing a lot of money for access to their tests. I want to say I've seen maybe half a dozen people that could definitely be called as hacking in the year and a half since then.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

BORN TO MOD
USPOL IS A FUCK
Onigami Toxx Em All 2019
I am party plane jones

Fun Shoe

goodness posted:

WEEDBABYGOKU420#7503

You got banned because there's another person named the exact same name as you who got banned and it was thought he was dodging. Change your name to something else.

Party Plane Jones fucked around with this message at Apr 4, 2018 around 07:13

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

BORN TO MOD
USPOL IS A FUCK
Onigami Toxx Em All 2019
I am party plane jones

Fun Shoe

Flipswitch posted:

Also why is Capitao never picked?

They keep dicking with his loadout every major patch; if I remember right they've touched the Para 3 or 4 times, removed his frags, changed his smoke bolts to actually be opaque, and now have changed the 249 on the test server. He's good on bomb but the lack of breaching tools hampers him quite a bit.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

BORN TO MOD
USPOL IS A FUCK
Onigami Toxx Em All 2019
I am party plane jones

Fun Shoe

quote:

He had the 100% CPU bug. He bought a new computer since he couldn't play R6 at home anymore.

You'd think a loving designer of the game would make that poo poo a priority to fix

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

BORN TO MOD
USPOL IS A FUCK
Onigami Toxx Em All 2019
I am party plane jones

Fun Shoe

ACValiant posted:

Has Ubi ever said why itís still in beta? Itís crazy that itís been this long.

They basically keep loving with it to satisfy some whim of proleague teams.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

BORN TO MOD
USPOL IS A FUCK
Onigami Toxx Em All 2019
I am party plane jones

Fun Shoe

This is rather problematic:

Party Plane Jones fucked around with this message at Apr 30, 2018 around 02:49

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

BORN TO MOD
USPOL IS A FUCK
Onigami Toxx Em All 2019
I am party plane jones

Fun Shoe

Trap siege is real folks
https://streamable.com/0x3u9

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

BORN TO MOD
USPOL IS A FUCK
Onigami Toxx Em All 2019
I am party plane jones

Fun Shoe

As Castle if you put your walls on windows without there being a Mute present you're just asking to get Fuzed to hell and back (or Glaz'd)

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

BORN TO MOD
USPOL IS A FUCK
Onigami Toxx Em All 2019
I am party plane jones

Fun Shoe

Aesis posted:

I've been having horrible time because I can't really use earphones without pain and have to rely on crappy speakers (couldn't tell where enemy was, as well as whether I'm making any noise or not), but on a few games I tried with earphones it really made a big difference.

A good set of gaming earphones is generally preferable over studio monitor style as they're more designed towards comfort over long periods. HyperX Cloud IIs were what the development team for Siege uses IIRC (that and they were bundled with a copy of siege for quite a while).

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

BORN TO MOD
USPOL IS A FUCK
Onigami Toxx Em All 2019
I am party plane jones

Fun Shoe

Fuze isn't as insanely strong of a pick as he used to be once they added some granularity into the explosives. 5 pucks per charge and 3 charges made him a hostage killing machine when it's only miss or dead, no injures (beyond armor plates, anyways)

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

BORN TO MOD
USPOL IS A FUCK
Onigami Toxx Em All 2019
I am party plane jones

Fun Shoe

Was linked this from the olden days when semi-auto shotguns were the go-to for defenders:
https://streamable.com/cwdmh

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

BORN TO MOD
USPOL IS A FUCK
Onigami Toxx Em All 2019
I am party plane jones

Fun Shoe

https://gfycat.com/PessimisticNippyAsianporcupine

Majestic.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

BORN TO MOD
USPOL IS A FUCK
Onigami Toxx Em All 2019
I am party plane jones

Fun Shoe

SubponticatePoster posted:

username/post combo

(What actually happened? Drone encountering physics fuckery?)

Drone tossed into a C4 charge, caused the charge to bounce off.

Not my clip though, had to go back a couple weeks and see if it hadn't been posted yet as its been on the discord for a while.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

BORN TO MOD
USPOL IS A FUCK
Onigami Toxx Em All 2019
I am party plane jones

Fun Shoe

Thief posted:

the redesign of clubhouse is actually amazing and i hope that whatever they do with hereford is on this level. honestly i think it'd be cool if that map changed frequently however they felt like or even implemented some sort of randomization to it mid-match because it would fit the theme of a tacticool training complex

they really hosed with fuze on clubhouse and i'm pissed about it

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

BORN TO MOD
USPOL IS A FUCK
Onigami Toxx Em All 2019
I am party plane jones

Fun Shoe

they should really keep old hereford in as a different map name as the new map is hella different

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

BORN TO MOD
USPOL IS A FUCK
Onigami Toxx Em All 2019
I am party plane jones

Fun Shoe

Qubee posted:

I've noticed I get much better at games when I'm tipsy, it's like it removes the nerves or hesitation I get when I'm stone cold sober. I'm super jumpy and panicky, but when I'm tipsy, I'm emotionless like shroudan autist. but then I go past the point of tipsy and my skill tanks.

beer is a performance enhancing drug for rifle competitions

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

BORN TO MOD
USPOL IS A FUCK
Onigami Toxx Em All 2019
I am party plane jones

Fun Shoe

working mom posted:

EFT shotguns are amazing, its almost like the devs have actually shot guns irl

shotguns are pretty much the only thing russians can get fairly easily due to their guns laws; it's also why you see their VEPRs bored out to a shotgun round (.366 TKM)

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

BORN TO MOD
USPOL IS A FUCK
Onigami Toxx Em All 2019
I am party plane jones

Fun Shoe

SpazmasterX posted:

Fuze charges shouldn't be used for getting kills unless you're really confident that you're gonna wing someone camping, and even then you can probably just shoot them. They're best used for clearing a room or forcing the enemy to shift to a more vulnerable position. Imo, the placements in the video could have been more effective in other places. But he also had the knowledge to place them in different directions, which at least greatly increased the area coverage. At the end of the day, he got three kills with a shield loadout, and clowned Cav with a breach charge, which is good enough.

Fuze/dokk/lion are good combos because you're generally killing people while they're standing still or trying to silence their phones. I do miss the old fuze charge dead/not system that we had a year ago; that poo poo was terrifying

Party Plane Jones fucked around with this message at Sep 29, 2018 around 05:10

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

BORN TO MOD
USPOL IS A FUCK
Onigami Toxx Em All 2019
I am party plane jones

Fun Shoe

using cav's pistol a lot really makes you hate the invulnerability animations while players are dropping to the ground if you're going for kills alone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

BORN TO MOD
USPOL IS A FUCK
Onigami Toxx Em All 2019
I am party plane jones

Fun Shoe

Major Isoor posted:

Pretty sure you can also shoot him back, through his own bullet holes - if you're crazy enough to try and pull it off! I saw that happen (successfully) only once I think, although it was a fair while ago, so something may have changed.

Glaz's shots used to blow out the plane windows entirely after several rounds making it an issue if you shot through the same window over and over; you could be countersniped with a 416 back then.