Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
the barely contained laughter when he says OH IT'LL STING A LOT is my spirit animal

lesion is the best

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

my operator's special power is putting more bullets in their guns because they are cool and unique. also, they still get a gadget.

....hey, wait a minute

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Q8ee posted:

why do pro players set their DPI so low? I've been trying to get used to 400 DPI, and it's fine ingame (with the adjusted mouse speed settings), but man the mouse moves at a loving crawl during operator select. do they just get used to having to move the mouse so far for simple menu interaction?

it's been a fun mindfuck playing today, cause my reflexes undershoot cause I'm so used to playing at 1600 DPI, so I'll just be shooting thin air a few cm left or right of the person. I definitely feel better aiming, though, it's way more accurate. 1600 DPI picked up every micro movement so my aiming was insane.

the dpi doesn't -really- matter unless you've got something insane like 4k+ where sensitivity literally cannot be turned down low enough ingame to adjust for it. basically, the sweet spot is usually sens * dpi = 1~4k (which is a pretty big range)
obviously people play with higher and lower but most cs/ow/r6s/etc pros are gonna be somewhere around that number, with ow numbers being higher and r6/cs numbers being much lower.

the lower you go, the bigger a desk and mousepad you'll need to play and the more you'll be working out your arm to shoot mans.

I think I play with 2000 dpi and ingame sens at 2/2 which shakes out to about the same as like 10/10 with 400 dpi. don't need to bother switching dpi just to use windows so i can alt tab and wait for rounds to finish without really thinking about it. I could go lower (and I probably would if I really wanted to tryhard this game) but the sensitivity matches my overwatch settings almost perfectly, and that game kinda requires higher sensitivity in general for how vertical the gameplay is and the existence of heroes like genji/tracer. ultimate verdict: play with what works.

Minera fucked around with this message at 09:33 on Feb 13, 2018

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

idea for operator: shield op only it's a defender so those dirty attackers can know how it feels

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

also the shield has an lmg attached and the operator is tachanka

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

so when did ying go from everyone deciding she was awful to being picked in almost literally every single game of the six invitational

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Q8ee posted:

I love Ying's gadget, it's one of my favourites, but god drat I can't play her. People can still just look away and not get flashed, especially if they're tucked in a corner. So I'll trust in my gadget, only to enter a room full of people who can still see just fine. I've since stopped playing her.

Gotta go faster. Ying is immune to her own flashbangs, so use the time theyre going off to be fighting.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

personally I just like yolo breach rushing with the shotgun. I've won a lot of games where the roamers just literally didn't make it back in time because people rarely expect ying and a shield op to be on the point within 20 seconds of round start.. she's also just a real monster and an rear end in a top hat on maps with any vertical play, just tear up the floor after planting some charges and let someone with a Real gun go to down through the floorboards.

also I wish planting the flashbangs on walls was less finnicky. I swear to god I just throw it at a window and destroy by own breach charge like 10% of the time still, always embarassing to stand there flashing your own team like a dildo.

Minera fucked around with this message at 08:43 on Feb 15, 2018

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

otoh, valkyrie cams are the highest possible dps gain for already busted ops like ela as they run outside the moment somebody starts rappeling

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

The Bananana posted:

Can a nigga get some some funny dank memes from r6?

https://www.reddit.com/r/shittyrainbow6/

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

the top posts are pretty good. hell, there's even one relevant to this free weekend

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

the only thing the game needs to do is sell complete edition for like, 60 dollars. 90 dollars complete "on sale" is a loving joke

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

tfw they kill their teammate stopping your interrogate, but then they kill the hostage and get booted from the game for too much teamkilling

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

I still want stepladder op

lets you hold weird vertical angles
lets you vault into new areas
lets you reinforce the top half of walls that normally leave a gap at the top

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Jack Trades posted:

What the hell does "jam the meridian" even mean?!

Blocking your chi

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Does the TTS have the changes to have all unlocks for operators you own? I didn't see anything about it in the patch notes, and now I'm sad all the qol changes are gonna be some time later this year instead of right after the sale they just did.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

what is that awful skin. iq?

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

lmao

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

it's like the worst possible interpretation possible though, with her wearing a walkman, a visible bra strap, and the arms almost entirely cut off.

it could've been a nice reference to west german police, and instead it's like she's going out for a loving music video shoot and some yoga. lol

what could've been

Minera fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Feb 21, 2018

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Thief posted:

on the other i always wanted GSG skins to embrace the casual clothing aesthetic but this is extremely :yosbutt:

here's hoping we can get some bandit booty eventually :mrgw: :nws:

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

the only problem with castle is that he requires an absurd amount of map knowledge and teammate coordination on top of being super reliant on certain points. which is fine tbh, some super high skill/coordination ops should exist especially with ubi's oft quoted goal of 100 ops. really the only op they need to 'fix' is tachanka.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Does Finka's gadget revive you from DBNO if you're in a Frost trap?

It looks like they've already started to prune the ridiculous list of things her gadget does (it now only halves flash duration and you still suffer the full effect, it was a 30%/50% reduction before) but lol holy poo poo she just does everything possibly to buff your team.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

keyframe posted:

No it doesn't.

thank god :v:

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

blitz buff idea: at the start of each round he proclaims its time to fight for real, then pulls off his weighted clothing and drops his shield, becoming a 5 speed 1/2 armor pistol op

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

got em

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Fart Car '97 posted:

Moral dilemma

If I destroy the armor pack I will get -10, but if I leave it for the enemy team they may kill my allies

well, they'll have to make do

alternatively: the trolly problem only it's with twitch drone and 5 camera vs one guy at 50 hp

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

idea for attacking operator: he has no gadget and a really boring average gun, but he doesn't have a drone phase, he just spawns in to the game at the same time as the defenders. his special power is being so poor that he couldn't afford a smart phone or any cool sci-fi tech

e: he already sounds busted as hell thinking about it so give him a trash pistol or no weapon until attackers spawn in

Minera fucked around with this message at 07:29 on Feb 26, 2018

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Jedrick posted:

Killing Blackbeard with a Smoke canister while his fat rear end squirms in barbed wire. :discourse:

death to crab walkers and snake slithers

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Jedrick posted:

Lol wait, people thought there would be renown refunds for attachments? Hahaha, who loving cares? Out of all the reasons to be pissy at Ubi, this is the dumbest poo poo.

As someone who bought the game during free weekend four months ago, i don't care

But i feel bad for people who just got the game a few weeks ago and just dumped all their renown on what could've been another operator.

And i feel bad for the handful of people who spent the 88k renown or whatever it costs to buy every single attachment for every gun for the sake of having a full collection or testing attachments methodically to tell everyone else which ones to use.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

I'm genuinely salty that the outbreak packs contain the best looking seasonal weapon skins. Every other item from the packs looks dumpy so no I'm not paying 200 dollars for a seasonal weapon skin, gently caress you ubisoft

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

WaffleLove posted:

LOL!!! Really?
God drat do they want to chase Counter strike so badly with their skins. They just need too introduce skin trading/selling and they're set.

Yeah, there's two alright seasonal skins available to buy for credits (for 23,500 instead of 22k lol) but the other two are locked to outbreak packs, including the (imo) best looking retro steel skin

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

mp5 posted:

Hey the outbreak mode blows

game reviewer: but it was free

9/10

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

"Wow they didn't die? 20 hp? I hit them like 4 times!"

Watches kill cam

Their vision goes blue

They had bonus HP

https://i.imgur.com/hqUTb8j.mp4

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

finka might actually be balanced if the heartbeat sound was like, twice as loud

it's hardly a drawback to having Literally Everything Benefit In The Game

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

ela may no longer have impacts but lol she's still a 3 speed with the best gun in the game

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Retro steel gated behind outbreak packs is the first time I've been angry about loot boxes. :sigh:

Shame on you Ubi.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

coke posted:

You wouldn't want it anyway since it makes every gun white since you can apply it to anything.

I just got it
:getin:

I took my 1200 credits from season pass and put them into 4 packs and got a legendary.......... skin for lion, maybe the one thing that isn't retro steel I'd be okay with getting since his blue and yellow outfits are just fugly. :unsmith:

I mean, I absolutely am not spending money strictly on packs but I hope that credit spending isn't helping to contribute to ubi doing more shitter packs in the future :mad:

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

don't expect anything to change, after one day of reddit "outrage" over outbreak packs they have now pacified themselves into calling everyone entitled and are now defending loot boxes

I paid 80 bucks for complete edition and 30 for a year 3 pass, you're drat right I'm entitled

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

and I can assure that there will be no more free packs because then people who spent money on them will get the feelbads, since there's no dupes from the packs and they would have wasted money

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

drat wtf, does Lion have a small ammo count or something? maybe it's just all the red figures to shoot at past destructible walls but I actually ran out of ammo on him today using his vector. I think that's the first time I exhausted my ammo on attackers before.

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

Rooters loving suck, and love to play hide and seek for 5 loving minutes before you're able to kill them

yeah immune mobs in any game where you're fighting something can kiss my rear end