Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

I started playing this game a few days ago and I liked it and I played it a lot.

I am bad at twitch-shooting and luckily I don't need that at this level in this game! It's all about just knowing where to stand to not suck. The first ten hours are just learning all the places to stand where you will die.

Dumb newbie question: What do 'roamers' usually do on Defense when Attack instead goes "SURPRISE BREAKING IN THROUGH THE WINDOW WITH NO CHANCE TO STOP US "?

Feels real bad when I set up a maze of traps as Kapkan and then whoops gotta run back because my teammates got shot by someone rappelling in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

Blitz is fun to play if you like the experience of clicking your mouse button twenty times and hitting nothing.

I've been playing a lot of Blitz as a newbie.

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

When servers go back up should I actually play ranked?

Possible upsides
- Less literal children playing?
- Players less likely to be total newbies who will Castle me inside or have literally never touched the Situations or Tutorials

Possible downsides
- I'm still bad at this game
- I like just rushing headlong when Attack as Blitz or Sledge
- queue times in Oce??

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

Airspace posted:

So I bought the Starter Edition.

Help.

Can I buy the Standard Edition and pretend nothing happened, or will there be some weird account fuckery that prevents it?

You can unlock all the original operators in a bundle which will bring you up to par.

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

I thought I was getting good at this game but actually after playing ranked for a while I have discovered that I am horribly irredeemably bad. And I can't blame ping or specs either. Oh well it's still fun!

Looking forward to those Ela nerfs though because hoooooly poo poo that amount of bullets with next to no recoil wtf.

bewilderment fucked around with this message at 10:47 on Jan 9, 2018

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

Any ausgoons can add me on Steam or uplay or whatevs, I'm 'manwhat' on Steam and 'manwhaaat' on uPlay because the terribleness of that service extends my exclamation as people speak my username.

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

If people ever want a different experience in the game try playing a few rounds with an LMG. A bunch of operators have them and they're rarely used since you're less likely to get headshots but on the flipside you can chew through soft cover and also just spray through a window and hope you get a lucky kill, or at least get the window open safely without needing a breacher.

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

I dream of a defender (or attacker??) operator that hucks things that look like Valkyrie cameras but instead of cameras, they're noisemakers and they play gunshot sounds, footstep sounds and rappel-in sounds at varying volume levels completely randomly.

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

WaffleLove posted:

Have they fixed the match making? Do you still wait 10min ques before a match? I only tried the ladder once, but I really do miss dicking around in quickplay with this game.
Yet a lot of the issues that we complained about in beta (poor hit detection, queue times, match making) seemed to of plagued it still when I tried playing during Operation Health..

What region are you in?

In casual I only wait 30secs-1min when waiting for a match most times of day, and ranked a little longer. THunt is wild since it's not popular but I only do it for the challenges anyway.

This is in Australia so I assume anywhere with more population will easily queue faster.

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

Major Isoor posted:

Do you guys form up into a group/game in the regular R6 goon discord, mentioned earlier? If so, I might need to finally join it, since I wouldn't mind finally playing with goons. (I played for nearly 300hrs a while back, and have just started getting back into it again recently, so I'm a little rusty still)

Ozcrew is normally up around 9PM AEST on most weeknights but don't 100% count on it every night because, you know, real life.
We somehow got to the point where we all mostly main different operators (Shockeh and I fight over Blitz so that'll be fun with this patch) so you can play whatevs and be chill and just show up. Just get in the discord in the evenings, park yourself in the Australian voice chat and someone will probably turn up eventually.

bewilderment fucked around with this message at 14:27 on Feb 26, 2018

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

Flipswitch posted:

loving hell, I'm poo poo at this game! I can do the basic map knowledge, scouting and using my operator gadgets but I just get murdered in firefights. Always feel like I don't know where to land my shots and I get gakked immediately.

On defense just play Kapkan, Frost or Echo and let your gadgets do all the work. Sit in a corner with a shotgun and shoot anyone who comes in view.

On offense I dunno, pick Sledge and run around and open every window and hope your teammates make use of it. Or Hibana, there's basically no downside to always picking Hibana. I should probably get her.

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

LordHippoman posted:

I've got a group of two other people who want to pick this up on sale, mostly for the PvE stuff like Terrorist Hunt or the Co-op campaign.

How much of this game is playable/viable for a group of three?

This is a terrible idea. The co-op is not only very short but is also going away after this month, and Terrorist Hunt is not very interesting.
Like, I suppose you can feeling like megatactical dudes if you play on the higher difficulties but there's better games for that.

Go get, like, Vermintide2 or For The King or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

I will finally beat Pillars of Eternity 2 today so after that Ausgoons will probably see me more on weekdays.
Come play with us we're all extremely relaxed and you won't be bad at all because I'm still the worst player that plays shotguns on everyone.
I love you shotgun Thermite.