Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Kaedric
Sep 5, 2000

Join Starfleet Dental

MEMBER OF GLORIOUS LEADER'S COUNCIL FOR MOST TERRIBLE POSTING

I'd take the chart with a grain of salt. Also, suppressor owns and is seriously undervalued. Someone posted their stats in the previous thread over hundreds/thousands of games or whatever, and I think more than 50% of his kills were headshots, so the -damage isn't really that big a deal. When someone shoots at me with a suppressed gun it is EXTREMELY hard to pinpoint where they are and return fire, this is a huge advantage.

poo poo owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaedric
Sep 5, 2000

Join Starfleet Dental

Sprechensiesexy posted:

So you take Castle

So, my friend likes Castle, and we were playing together last night. He picks Castle and we start playing and someone on our team says "gosh, I really hate to teamkill, but I just have to. I hate niggers" and TKs my friend. Ok that's neat, we play the match out, get to defend again, and my friend picks Castle again. Dude says "THAT'S A BAD IDEA" while giving no inkling as to WHY and then says "I can't TK again so I will just kill myself" and C4s himself.

Oh no we might have a minor tactical disadvantage because someone isn't playing the meta, better throw the match! Why are people like this?

EDIT: We won btw

Kaedric
Sep 5, 2000

Join Starfleet Dental

I dunno if there's something in the water but my friends and I have had the absolute worst luck with shithead teamkillers and trolls in ranked. Like 4 games in the last two nights had dudes running around as doc purposefully wounding everyone to 8hp or so but never killing so they wouldn't be kicked, then giving enemy team callouts on our locs all game long. Why the gently caress can't you votekick people in ranked? Also you can't just leave the game because you get a leaver penalty and can't played ranked for like 30 mins. They really should do something about how much one person can ruin a ranked game.

Kaedric
Sep 5, 2000

Join Starfleet Dental

Danknificent posted:

Real talk does Ash's gadget have any utility?

Getting rid of mutes and batteries on chalet snowmobile garage through the drone hole.

Kaedric
Sep 5, 2000

Join Starfleet Dental

Thief posted:

its also worth noting that you can pick literally anyone in the game and do fine with them so just choose one that interests you personally until you get an idea of what specific sort of role you'd like to fill. otherwise practically everyone gets at least one good weapon to use.

and even the base level operators are very good. Ash has been a top pick since she existed. and characters like Twitch and Fuze are incredibly flexible because of their loadout options

Also it rings pretty hollow when people say the DLC ops are OP, Ela being (imo) the obvious exception. Ash, Thermite, Jaeger, Bandit, Rook, Twitch, probably some others I can't think of, are all rock solid as gently caress and see play in pretty much every single round/game.

Kaedric
Sep 5, 2000

Join Starfleet Dental

I'm dumb and bad at the game but omg I love Finka's shotgun (silenced). I have no idea why but it's just fun as gently caress.

Kaedric
Sep 5, 2000

Join Starfleet Dental

Thief posted:

the average player shouldn't end up in copper IV unless they very seriously try to. a lot of people i know that throw games to derank have to group up just to get there. that's why so many toxic players are concentrated at that rank even though realistically they would be gold or plat. the rest seem to mostly be people using a gamepad on PC for whatever reason

This is what I would think too, but it just hasn't been my experience. I am consistently playing against copper IVs who honestly just don't belong there (as in, they are better than that). In a game like league of legends, for example, when you play against wood tier or whatever it is EXTREMELY obvious. RB6 just doesn't seem to have that level of potato player to actually fill out the bottom ranks. Additionally the swinginess of ranks is really bad. RB6 appears to be based on streaks, so if you are having a bad night and lose 3-4 rounds in a row, you might be taking an 80 point loss in your later rounds (which is almost a full ranking).

This wouldn't be so bad except for the fact that you have just.. a TON of people in the absolute bottom of copper IV who are gold/plat and just love stomping on lower tiers, so you end up getting stuck if you happen to drop to copper IV, which is easy to do when you are losing 80-130 points per match and only gaining 30-40 on a win.

EDIT: Sorry if it looks like like I'm agreeing/disagreeing at the same time. What I'm saying is that dropping to low ranks isn't hard. With my current map knowledge/strategy I would say I'm bottom tier silver top bronze (so I'm clearly not an awesome player like the golds/plats) but I consistently end up being ranked into silver and then whoops bad streak dropped like a stone into copper IV, then stuck forever with no escape.

Kaedric fucked around with this message at Apr 12, 2018 around 21:30

Kaedric
Sep 5, 2000

Join Starfleet Dental

Thief posted:

idk if anyone can even get stuck in copper IV because you have to literally sabotage your team every single round to keep losing since it only takes like one single win to get back to copper III

and even if you die they can just randomly win through pure deathmatch without you

Actually you just keep going further below 1400, so if you get stuck for long enough it can take 20+ wins to get back to copper III when it only awards 20-30 points.

Kaedric
Sep 5, 2000

Join Starfleet Dental

Thief posted:

lol well that's nuts the game is setup that way but you're not realistically going to be facing 5man diamond smurfs every game

has anyone here actually experienced or even heard of a 20 loss streak through normal play without having started their fall from the tier(s) above? fwiw most players i know usually only do casual but run the 10 matches or whatever to get the charm are usually in silver

No, you're right, I'm not saying a 20 loss streak, but rather if you happen to be low ranked, you need a 20 WIN streak to get out. Me and MY CREW started playing ranked immediately (we do this in all games) and were obviously solidly in copper when we first started because we had no clue what we were doing. Obviously we improved over time but getting OUT of copper was incredibly hard due to how you earn ranked points (needing streaks so the number increases, otherwise you only earn 20-30).

This new season we played together and got ranked into silver for a bit, and IMO the quality of the games was FAR superior to what you get at copper IV, and much more fair. It is pretty blatant the number of trolls and smurfs in the murky depths of copper. Like, i don't care what rank I am, I just want most games to be choked defeat or narrow victory, because that's fun. It is not fun playing against a team where one dude gets 15 kills and has the reflexes of a mongoose. Obviously not every copper IV game is like that but it is only NOTICEABLE in copper IV, not in any of the other ranks that I've been in.

Kaedric
Sep 5, 2000

Join Starfleet Dental

I play ranked, and prefer it to casual, specifically so I get matched against people of an similar skill level (in a perfect world). I do not give the slightest poo poo about climbing ranks or any of that. I just want games that aren't a stomp in either direction, hence my bitching about the quality of games in trash tier.

Kaedric
Sep 5, 2000

Join Starfleet Dental

Basticle posted:

TBH its a year and a half later and I still think Cav's loving down you in one shot pistol has broken the game.

But it always takes at least two shots

Kaedric
Sep 5, 2000

Join Starfleet Dental

Cav is good because if the dude is a total shithead you can leave them dbno which makes them extremely mad.

Kaedric
Sep 5, 2000

Join Starfleet Dental

Eh I dunno, on some maps the moment you round the very first corner you get sniped, it's kinda dumb. Yeah you aren't being killed the moment you spawn, but moving five feet and THEN being killed isn't much of a difference.

Again I've only experienced this a few times on a few maps so I don't really care, but I agree it's unfun. It's one of those things that, as you play and improve, you get better at avoiding, but for general babby player getting sniped like that sucks.

Kaedric
Sep 5, 2000

Join Starfleet Dental

I dunno, to me the headshot thing needs to go. It instantly smells of bad design due to the armor and speed differences, and also feels a little silly when you have tachanka walking around with a cast iron pot on his head.

Also headshots are frustrating when watching a killcam where a dude hipfires from 30 yards and lol whoops you died.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaedric
Sep 5, 2000

Join Starfleet Dental

Orikaeshigitae posted:

iirc they cut hipfire spread by half

25-30% I think based on Rogue-9 video on it.