Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Colonel J
Jan 3, 2008
I'm very much a noob and very bad at the game; just hit lvl 20 yesterday so I went to try out Ranked and hoooooly poo poo is it not the same thing. People play so seriously compared to casual, I was quite surprised.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colonel J
Jan 3, 2008
Tried Montagne for the first time; the feeling of just entering a breached objective room while your mates kill everything in front of you is exhilarating, but I do wish it gave some sort of assist or bonus if OPFOR died because it was busy shooting at your shield. As it is you only get the satisfaction of helping but no numbers going up :(

Colonel J
Jan 3, 2008

pedro0930 posted:

You do get points for people shooting at your extended shield though, and I think it might only triggers when you have teammate nearby.

Oh! I guess I missed that. Disregard then!

It's nice how the point system works, just got a game with 0 kills but I still managed to support my team well enough that I made it on top of the scoreboard (we didn't win).

Colonel J
Jan 3, 2008
The ups and downs are crazy in this game. One match I pull off a perfect room breach from rappel where I knew exactly were opfor was thanks to my drone and know exactly where to aim, the next I get killed when the enemy just randomly sprays a barricade :(

Colonel J
Jan 3, 2008

Basticle posted:

My crew doesn't play a whole lot of ranked for a variety of unimportant reasons but we did a bunch last night and I was loving garbage, generally not contributing at all except for this one round

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfDyn92t-Cw

After I stopped having a heart attack I resumed sucking.

I really like that impact grenade from trophy room to reveal the main stairs. I love learning those little line-of-sight tricks, destruction is amazing for that.

Colonel J
Jan 3, 2008
It's so dumb that who wins when the hostage dies depends on who shot them. Just like in real life!

Colonel J
Jan 3, 2008
I don't have a solution for the hostage thing. I don't know, it just doesn't make sense to me.

"Attackers killed the hostage, mission successful, let's all go home! " *high fives all around*

Colonel J
Jan 3, 2008

Deltasquid posted:

in Thunt you always lose regardless of who kills the hostage, because that's a "real" mission. Multiplayer pvp is rainbow six training together and they need to learn proper trigger discipline regardless of whether they're defending or extracting a hostage. :)

Ah yes I always forget that part. Now you made me angry, I had forgotten how careless terros are with the hostage in THunt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colonel J
Jan 3, 2008

Submarine Sandpaper posted:

I will say I never saw an invisible person in casual before that exploit got patched.

Well how you see them if they're invisible huh!? :colbert: