Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

More armor = more loud steppy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

Cup Runneth Over posted:

But that's really a minor part of the article, and no one has made any attempt to deny the charges against Ubisoft bilking the game for everything it's worth from its' players wallets. I've personally lost faith in the competence, vision, and management of the dev team since I bought the Y2 Season Pass, and I won't be buying this one. Technically, the game has improved a great deal (the networking changes were long overdue but seem to have made a big difference, and they've made some superficial steps towards combating toxicity) but the imbalanced and unfocused DLC ops, the incredibly aggressive microtransaction pushes, the absolute state of the Ranked game mode, the stagnation in the forms that the game has expanded and grown, etc. have left a sour taste in my mouth over the past year.

The currency side of Siege is a total mess and I'm surprised they only made the system worse for new players compared to launch. I like the game and keep coming back to it after months-long breaks expecting something interesting to happen, but Ranked is still in beta and barring the netcode improvements it hasn't seen any major changes or improvements. It's not bad that it plays the same, but it feels very static for a game that's getting minor cosmetic releases what seems like every few weeks and then operators that are, as mentioned, kind of poorly balanced. It just doesn't seem like the game is going to become more interesting over time, but it has a long-rear end roadmap of content still to come.

I definitely like it and I got my money's worth out of it between buying it on launch and buying the Y2 bundle, but I still have some lingering distaste for things like how boring a concept the alpha packs are and the fairly uninspired and generally ugly cosmetic stuff. The UI is still pretty clunky too. Maybe I'm just salty that I'm poor and can't buy all the cool stuff whenever I want.

Faffel fucked around with this message at 06:54 on Jan 23, 2018

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

Is IQ supposed to look like this

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

Count Uvula posted:

What's this about PVE

Should I play this game with my friend who mostly likes co-op games but also gets boners from tactical armor

No

It's PVP and it is not even slightly tacticool if your idea of tacticool is even slightly ground in reality

Good for the tactical anime fan though

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

No I don't recommend buying the game for the permanent bad terrorist hunt or temporary PVE zombie mode. Zombies aren't even tactical.

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

Outbreak might be fun but my opinion is a big lol at buying it for that specifically because it's not permanent. It's a fun game, but t hunt loving sucks. Maybe Outbreak could be fun for starter edition money but then you're hosed if you want to keep playing.

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

tracksuit IQ do the punch dance :dong:

also, I'm the top tier secret spec ops person disregarding SOP. also I brought this cellphone.

Faffel fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Mar 6, 2018

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

I love this games kill cam

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

Jack Trades posted:

Some more Alibi leaked gameplay footage:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SE8KlskLKzc

:yeah:

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

these are the faces siege will make you feel

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

Thumbtacks posted:

i'm tempted to drop $5 to grab cav now instead of playing for 25 days to unlock her directly but im worried this is a slippery slope

also do you think she would be a good purchase? right now i seem to be gravitating towards Pulse, IQ, and Montagne, so I guess I play more cautiously than aggressively but that's probably mostly because i dont know the maps

If you put any money into the game, I'd suggest buying a season of operators outright. You'll have a lot of new guys to learn and you won't notice the wait for renown to unlock more chars so much.

I say that assuming you have the standard ed, I have no clue how it works with starter.

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

Killing enemies is too binary. They're either dead or they're not. Fix it.

Faffel fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Jul 19, 2018

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

You are stupid and wrong to boot. Get outta here, kid.

The casual ruleset sucks and makes for a less fun game that's way more passive. It would be a good decision to unify the rulesets if only because one is objectively superior from a gameplay perspective.

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

If only there was some kind of massive, unified body that designed every individual sport and could dictate changes on them and completely stop house or regional rules from being a thing. Oh well, since in my mind there is I'll make a broad one to one comparison of sports to videogames.

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

I think only having pick/ban in one type of competitive play is stupid as well. I would like to ban operators but I also don't want to wait around for 4 mins doing it before the game starts, but I want it.

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

I've never said anything but terrible rude things, awful sexual things etc in siege and have never had any kind of punishment whatsoever. If you aren't racist nobody at Ubisoft cares if you talk about your brothers butt tasting like your dads dick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

If I'm playing with good communication and Jackal tries to track me I will often just set up a position where he has to die to someone to look at me. poo poo is too risky to use aggressively unless there's only one or two people left.