Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
SMP
May 5, 2009

My tips for new players:

Attacking and Defending:
- Map knowledge is 99% of the game and the only real way to learn them is through playing them, custom games won't help you much. The way people actually attack and defend is seriously different from what you would expect. Think of it like Dark Souls, you are going to die a lot and every death is a learning experience. Anytime you get killed by some mother fucker holding a tight angle, shooting from an unexpected hole, or hiding in some odd spot, remember it and use it against someone else next time. Eventually you'll have your own strategies for every map and operator.

- Sometimes it's better to not reinforce every wall on point. Opening strategic holes to rotate through is often a good idea. You can open up some really helpful shortcuts and get easy flanks on approaching attackers. It can make it harder to defend on your own, but if the attackers take the point and start defending it, you're going to be glad you have more than one way to retaliate. Knowing which walls to blow open and which to reinforce can be confusing, but as a general rule of thumb: blow open the walls between two bomb points, and reinforce every wall leading to the building's exterior. While you're new, just stick to reinforcing the walls you know are essential and watch how experienced players setup the point.

- Never do a slow peek around a corner. Always stand up and quickly round the corner. Thanks to ping, it means an aggressor is always going to get like a half second advantage in reaction time. Unless the angle you're holding is incredibly tight, it's usually better to just stay behind cover and frequently peek.

- Put a bullet through every barricade/wall and you'll be able to hear the enemy placing breaching/fuze charges on them much easier. This will give you more time to run away or shoot them out.

- BLOW OPEN EVERY WALL OF KID'S BEDROOM ON HOUSE, NEVER REINFORCE THAT ROOM.

Gadgets:
- Try to place barbed wire in spots where an attacker would reallllly have to reveal themselves to destroy it. If you want to block up a doorway, drop the wire a little inwards so anyone trying to melee it has to practically walk into the room. Also keep in mind the barb wire sound can give your position away even though you aren't slowed down.

- Never shoot out a Mira window. They're for mainly gathering intel (is the enemy approaching, etc.) so you can attack with an advantage.

- If you're Mute or Bandit, try and co-ordinate with each other, because pubbie Bandits commonly shock walls already covered by Mute's jammer, destroying the gadget.

- Bandit gets three barbed wire for some reason.

Ops:
Operators to avoid playing at first:
- Caveira (requires strong map knowledge)
- Echo (the tendency to get too attached to the drone)
- Mira (requires complex setup on defense, bad windows can get used against you easily)(also she's mine, step off!!!)
- Mute (learning where to put each jammer, and how to prioritize them requires good map knowledge)
- Tachanka (sucks, come at me)

SMP fucked around with this message at Jan 5, 2018 around 18:05

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SMP
May 5, 2009

Donnerberg posted:

Does it really matter that Tachanka has the worst gadget, worst speed and mediocre weapons? He has the best voice and the most butt.

I will revise my opinion when I see how good or bad his elite skin is

SMP
May 5, 2009

Bandit's third barbed wire

SMP
May 5, 2009

I welcome the Twitch drone nerf and think deciding between cameras/gadgets/being an annoying prick to defenders is great, but 5 shots is maybe a bit low. Some maps have like a million cameras.

SMP
May 5, 2009

Those men had families you sick gently caress

SMP
May 5, 2009

Siege desperately needs a new players only que, for ranks like ~35-40. It has the player counts to support that level of fracturing.

SMP
May 5, 2009

War...has changed.

SMP
May 5, 2009

Jack Trades posted:

We need more operators that specialize in Human Rights violations.

SMP
May 5, 2009

I would pay stupid amounts of money for year 4 to just be Cobra Unit holy poo poo.

THE FEAAAAAAAAAAAAAR

SMP
May 5, 2009

SMP
May 5, 2009

Besides playing Halo as a teen, Siege is the longest I've ever stuck with a game. Genuinely feels fresh each new season.

SMP
May 5, 2009

Deployable shield is loving brutal, god drat. Should have made it a C4.

SMP
May 5, 2009

REST IN poo poo BARTLETT

SMP
May 5, 2009

👏hire👏more👏poc👏cops👏

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SMP
May 5, 2009

What the gently caress kinda discourse...

If headshots weren't instakills I'd probably quit, that would be the most infuriating poo poo ever