Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
I'm looking at buying this, and there are a lot of editions. Not considering the starter edition, how compelling are the gold/complete editions? They're all 30% off on Steam right now. If I get the advanced edition I assume I can just buy the season pass (equating it to the gold edition), but is the complete edition the only way to get prior operators? If it is the only way to get year 1/2 operators, can you update an advanced edition to a complete one?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Kikas posted:

Well after Outbreak drops, when you buy an operator you'll get all the weapon sights, grips and underbarrel stuff for free, and there's no word confirming that there'll be refunds for people who bought any of that stuff prior to the update. So there's one incentive to wait.
When is Outbreak coming out, as someone who's played a whole hour so far.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Thief posted:

like 10 days or so iirc
Thanks, I'll probably just get one operator, unless I find myself positively drowning in rainbow dollars.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
Hell yeah this is the first weekend that I can get in a good chunk of R6. :toot:

https://twitter.com/Rainbow6Game/status/972194576755814401

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
Terrorist hunt is okay but I don't think it's worth buying the game for terrorist hunt alone.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
e: Ehhh probably not the right place

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
Does anyone know of a quick video (or a timestamp in a longer video) that shows the animation for canceling a Dokkaebi hack? I wanted to show someone but just found piles of 15m videos and apps/animations for it. Ideally one that isn't an awful montage or some other garbage.

e: Whatever, sent them a garbage one and just told them to ignore the music

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
A defender with a claymore would result in your team destroying your claymore every single time.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

he1ixx posted:

I keep hearing that mentioned but I haven't found a good explanation for it. What is the "ban system"?
Each team gets to ban two operatives so the other team can't pick them in a given round. Curious how it'd work with only two hard breachers.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
I thought outbreak was okay. Enemies were kind of bullet spongey, and some of the triggers were a bit buggy. I had a 100% winrate with pubbies across the half dozen or so missions I did, but there are better options out there for horde shooters.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Kata-Haro posted:

Is the Thermite dob charm weekly bugged for anyone else?

I've been destroying gadgets in a few rounds now and it isn't registering for me.
It was working for me last night, I can check again when I play later.

Are you destroying your teammates' gadgets while on defense? :v:

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Flipswitch posted:

Surprised there isn't a noise trap defender which has siren alarms when an attacker trips them. Maybe directional alerts as well as it doesn't have any damaging or disorientation effects.
Kapkan has traps that produce noise when an attacker trips them. :v:

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Draxion posted:

Press your ping button too. Saying "Cav is over there" is fairly useless on its own but if they can see a yellow thing right at the spot you're talking about it becomes a lot more useful.
I don't know callouts so I rely heavily on "<operator> at ping" and cardinal directions.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
I used holopilot in TF2 almost exclusively. Give me more holograms in more games, thanks.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
Should probably throw a :nws: on that. It's technically work safe but good luck explaining that to your boss.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
Autoturrets tend to be really hard to balance because for them to pose a threat to good players, they often end up slaughtering bad players.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
I haven't failed a single outbreak run with pubbies so far, for an anecdote from the other side. I find outbreak reasonably fun, but repetitive enough that I have no interest in doing more than it takes for the charm in a given week. I'm kind of annoyed that I missed the first charm, but the rooter charm is my favorite so whatever.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Agree to disagree, I think three bulletproof Black Eye cams could make up for two windows, in theory.

(although I do agree that the MPX suuuuuuuucks)
Even if they can, you're using two defenders' worth of gadgets to be as good as one defender's worth of gadgets. You're really choosing between bulletproof Black Eyes and Black Mirrors + <other gadget>.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Jack Trades posted:

Casual should really just be exactly the same as Ranked but just not show people their rank.
It would solve all the issues.
At least it's not CS:GO, where casual was a completely different game. And also a garbage clownfest.

That said, I also would like casual mimicking ranked, just without ranks.

Kikas posted:

Well you get 2 bullets then, but you have to shoot your waifu first.
Can I shoot myself twice

Elysiume fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Apr 13, 2018

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Flipswitch posted:

i legit dunno how to play vs him other than spray wildly at his feet and hope it kills him.
C4

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Orikaeshigitae posted:

You have been shot in the head from hipfire spam or finka-assisted instant ADS while throwing the C4. Would you like to RESTORE a save, RESTART the match, or QUIT?
I would like to SHOOT MYSELF TWICE and SPARE MY WAIFU

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Cup Runneth Over posted:

ELO isn't in casual you numbskull, lol
Why wouldn't it be? This explicitly says casual has the same MMR system as ranked.

quote:

DOES CASUAL TAKES YOUR RANK INTO CONSIDERATION? YOUR CLEARANCE LEVEL?

No. The casual playlist has its own MMR, based on the same system. Your clearance level has no impact on your MMR in either Ranked or Casual.

Elysiume fucked around with this message at 08:28 on Apr 23, 2018

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
Buying operators costs an insane amount extra with the starter edition. Don't get it.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
I rarely use the laser because I'm paranoid about it revealing my position. I have it on my shield-users, since their positions are rarely all that secret. What guns do people typically laser up?

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
Apparently if you partially DC you unlock every operator:

The game fixed its connection after that match:

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
I don't think I've ever been intentionally TK'd.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtEGY_PFzWg
The deagle is such a satisfying gun, even if it kicks like a mule

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Thumbtacks posted:

does them being hacked do anything?
Attackers can use the hacked cams (and can switch between their drones and the defending team's cams).

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Thumbtacks posted:

huh, interesting

she looks like someone i might end up buying, I'm sure she's probably not the best one for new players but it seems pretty fun and i like her dumb cell phone thing
Dokkaebi is fun. Her DMR is strong, and there aren't a ton of other DMRs to choose from, if that's what you want. Bonus video showing what cell phones look like and a panicked spray:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2ovGiVmRmM

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
I swapped from borderless window to full screen and my framerate doubled (~60 to 120). Then, after playing 3ish rounds, my framerate dropped down to 40-50 and I started getting 2-5 seconds of input lag. Turns out Discord decided to consume 50% of my CPU, which was murdering Siege.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Tokubetsu posted:

We played together last night and I meant to ask were you using discord overlay? I stopped using that even in game its supposed to be supported since it seemed to be poorly implemented. Very buggy.

Jack Trades posted:

Can confirm that using Discord overlay in Siege is definitely causing a lot of stuttering.
I was using the overlay, but I don't think the overlay in and of itself was causing the issue. My performance massively degraded without any obvious cause, then someone mentioned CPU, and I popped open task manager and saw that Discord was consuming 50%+ of my CPU. I killed it, it restarted, and it went back to consuming tiny amounts of CPU again. I kept an eye on it the rest of the play session and it didn't relapse into chewing up system resources.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
Astro A40s which were great at first but now the mic connect point often crackles when it moves, which is exceedingly annoying. If they wear out any further I'm just going to toss the mic entirely and get a desk mic or something.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Coolwhoami posted:

The maps are not well designed around hostage, and many operators are unusable, or at the very least extremely undesirable, on hostage (Smoke, Kapkan, Fuze).
𝙲𝙾𝚆𝙰𝚁𝙳𝙸𝙲𝙴

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Aesis posted:

I wish they added some sort of matchmaking in Casual as well. Getting stomped by lvl 50+ with Gold or above while trying to learn my way around just annoys the hell out of me.
Casual has the same matchmaking as ranked but with a separate, hidden MMR.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
It's not Siege and it isn't me, but:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBWnzBEyW1M

Elysiume fucked around with this message at 06:57 on Jun 10, 2018

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Foehammer007 posted:

I haven't played since launch, how do I learn maps well enough to communicate
Just use cardinal directions like me, a bad player

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
I love that shields started at 800hp then went to 150hp before settling at their current 60hp. 800hp? Good lord.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Empress Brosephine posted:

I dunno in casual I keep getting put with level 110+s while I’m level 12 so I think that’s the issue.

Still love this stupid game though.
There are people who play games for hundreds of hours and stay terrible. There are plenty of people at lower ranks that have played a lot, and level is basically only indicative of playtime.