Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«8 »
ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH

Grimey Drawer

Ive been goofing off trying to learn zofia and figured id ask for any advice on her. Im not sure I like her Lmg much to be honest.

I also wanted to share my most recent experience with her because it made me laugh. Whole team fies within moments to a super aggressive defense rush. Literally doesnt make it into the building. The other team is already down by two from people leaving so its 3 v 1. I sneak into the lower floor as i know they are above me i place a clay more under a cieling panel and breach it with my grenade launcher from a distance. Half a second later one of the defenders comes rushing through it and gets splattered by the claymore.

I didnt win the match i only got 2 out of 3 but that claymore trap made me laugh so i figured id share it.

Also had my first match where i got someone to murder a teammate chasing my drone which was real fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer

I do like that piggum

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Sprechensiesexy posted:

This whole argument would be pointless if Tachanka shot armored vests from his gun.

∆∆∆ This.

Also just had a match where i spawned in after droning as jackal was immediately flashbanged by ying. I ignored it and started moving along taking out cameras and circling the building since i like to try to track the roamers. At which point 3 of the remaining teammates begin chasing me and shooting me. I avoid their fire without firing back go to hop through a window and they finally tk me. I am then instantly voted out. So yeah 85% of the time super chill game just every so often it turns into a lovely version of lord of the flies.

That being said whoever told me to try suppressor on blackbeard thank you its working out great. And game is super good.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Jack Trades posted:

EDIT: Speaking of shields, I found out today that you can use one of those shields to prevent people from entering through a window.
That's really silly on some maps.

How so just place it in front of it?

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Ive only played this game for a few weeks but I think I agree rook is a good starting OP. Simple ability that has a net benefit and then you can anchor or wander slightly off objective and still help out. Its good to have some simplicity when learning because even learning which walls to reinforce can be overwhelming.

Also if one more pubbie reinforces the floor in the objective room so i cant use it to flank im gonna lose my mind. Cielings ok reinforce very important but floors? Why?

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer

It may just be that im new and terrible but my placement matches havent been so bad.

I mean im losing them all but no one has mics so i dont feel like im letting the team down by not talking. And i at least go 1 for 1 with deaths most rounds so thats nice.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer

my kinda ape posted:

Play with goons so you don't have to suffer.

I dont know any goons who play on Xbox

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer

I think they were saying placing barb wire at the top of a ladder and then electrifying that rather than the ladder itself. If you can shock ladders thats prrtty cool.

I use the shockwire thing pretty much constantly as i prefer to kill drones early on and im still so crappy with bandit i never know which walls to electrify

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer

So im new to the game and didnt understand the love for fuse since i thought you had to use him on a wall or a cieling hatch but oh my god you can just slap that poo poo on the floor. It is so much more flexible than i first thought (sidenote : i am super dumb)

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer

my kinda ape posted:

Anywhere you can shoot through with a gun you can place a Fuze charge. Ying's gadget works the same way too, in addition to being throwable/rollable.

Im gonna be dumb again but yings device will pump flashbangs through a wall? I had no clue i knew they could be "attached" but figured they meant like a mine or something.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Agreed Ela with no impacts would have a lot less options for crushing through walls and that hampers her ability to reposition a bit.

That being said bandits third wire

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Whats the change on that one?

Did they post the patch notes somewhere? Kinda want to give them a read if possible

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Welp ill never play twitch again it takes me 15 loving shots to hit a camera 😟

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer

New person question. Do the bundle skins go away at end of year? Like the monolith and broadway and what not?

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer

To clarify those are the pistol skins i mentioned are the ones that come with the posh and dignified etc bundles. I dont want to have a steampunk thatcher but i like the artdeco style skin for the pistol so im debating saving towards them with renown but if they are gonna disappear soon i wont bother.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer

So barring pure luck is there anyway to force pubbies not to reinforce the drat kids room in house.

Also yeah the few maps where i know where to reinforce are few and far between. I tend to prioritize ceiling hatches simply because so many people forget them. But even then i might be loving it up for someone who wants to quickly reposition.

I do wish i could put a mira on a floor hatch i can see uses for that.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Ill admit i never even put that much thought into it. I just noticed that holding the adjacent rooms and taking the walla down in the kids bedroom allowed for way easier fights.

That being said that all seems like super good advice which I will keep in mind.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer

I have come around to this thought process too though people give me funny looks when i do it with rook.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Oof my luck yesterday was just no bueno. Got crushed in ranked and casual. I would do ok but i keep getting on teams where one guy gets like 5 kills and i have 2 and everyone else dies within seconds of engagement. Which is super abnormal. Didnt help that i dont think i matched into a new game the whole night. It was always a match that someone had bailed on due to the other team just destroying.

Wonder if its just because it was friday or something

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer

For me its just that im moving and as such my pc is in storage and plus my brother bought me this on xbox so eh.

Also ill be following suite and sending out invites tonight ill try to accompany them with messages that i am from the thread.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Sprechensiesexy posted:

Is there some kind of free weekend going on? Because the amount of toxic players is extreme this weekend, every match has been at least 1 cheater or tk'er so far.

edit: Here is a cautionary tale about the mistake that buying the Starter Edition is. It took me 400 hours of playing to unlock all the starting operators and 2 of the newer ones.

Agreed. Got to point earlier where i spawn into a round already started run forward watch as 2 people on team kill other two and then begin fighting each other and was like nah and quit. Next game went great but im at the point where if people are tking im not hanging around. This weekend has been rough.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Oh nooo

hahaha i loved it

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Truly your cup runneth over

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Kata-Haro posted:

Plasma Pink is the best universal weapon colour and anyone who disagrees is wrong.

Very first alpha pack I ever opened had that skin in it. It has been replaced in many places but will always be on my mira.

Also i am garbo today 😞

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Watching someone detonate a nitro seconds before a sledge would have opened the roof hatch on bartlett is one of the purest joys. I dont even care I was on the sledges team. He went flyying.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Had some good games on xbox earlier today. Its way better to drop with goons than solo (even if i am reaaal bad)

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer

If the footsteps are technically generated by the character "speaking" i could see it

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Had a guy today who called me a tryhard (for what im real uncertain) shot me in the head second round when i ignored him and then tried to do the same third round. When i killed him third round after he shot and chased me across map he "reported" me.

Thats my weird toxic story of the day. Dude was super butthurt about something just decided to take it out on friendlies

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer

I was gonna make a joke but really the guy doing the killing is just an rear end. Everybody slips up

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Id actually enjoy like a mentor queue. Just have people that are over level something be able to queue up as mentors and match them with people below level aomething to play against other mentor groups. I doubt something like that could be implemented but it was like the one tbing in destiny 2 i was like, thats a cool idea

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Yeah for all that i have had absolutely miserable matches as cav i definitely learn maps better playing her since you have to flank so hard

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer

For thatcher is there any reason not to run the AR? It seems really nice but if the l85 is noticeably better then eh.

Im just asking because when using sledge the L85 seems very nice

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Id agree the situations give you an idea of how the game systems work (eg destructible walls and abilities) but no where near fill you in on the complexeties of vs

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer

So last night i owned both sides of the hostage huddle coin. In the first match that night I walked in and just plowed the hostage in the face with a full auto burst. Which while funny was very dumb of me.

Later on im playing a hostage match. Its 2 / 2 and half my team leaves when we lose the match before. So I snuggle up to the hostage and when the remaining five members of the other team rush the door i plug one, my buddy drops another and they retreat. But the buck thunks he knows where i am and throws a frag. Oh he knew. And my buddy gets to laugh as the hostage and I fly across the room and we win the game.

So let the lesson be dont shoot the hostage but feel free to snuggle them for a win.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Jack Trades posted:

Taking cover behind the hostage if possible is really good and dumb.

Im not saying it was smart but i am saying it was super funny

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer

What im trying to say here is I really want to play more hostage.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Popelmon posted:

Oh poo poo I forgot that shotguns are actually good in this game. And being able to punch huge holes into walls is a nice bonus.

There is nothing more satisfying to me than tracking someone down as pulse and just blowing them away through a wall with the shotgun.

doubly so because i am traaash with pulse

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Or a real good shot with the SMB O/U Railgun

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Patch borked my skins

Adbot