Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Party Plane Jones posted:

raptor legs never forget

800 HP Blackbeard shield, 20 metre Pulse scanner, OHK sniper auto shotguns... Lots of good memories.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Maybe just play whatever the hell you feel like playing?

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Jack Trades posted:

That's me ^
I'm hoping that while I'm placing that second reinforcement you'll decide for me where my second one should go.
So I don't have to think for myself.

I like to pick Rook, drop my armour as soon as I spawn, put my reinforcements up next to other players', then go sit in a corner and wait to die.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Ubisoft is actually incompetent, there's no joke there. Ubisoft Montreal might have done a good job with this particular game but lol if you think Ubisoft's other titles weren't handled incompetently.

Far Cry, Assassin's Creed, Division, and Wildlands seem to be doing alright. :shrug:

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Cup Runneth Over posted:

lol maybe if you're an Ubisoft shareholder

I notice you don't list For Honor there even though it's in the exact same boat as Division

:shrug::shrug::shrug:

I mean of the four I listed I only actually care about Far Cry, as it scratches an itch for me, and the upcoming installation looks promising for a myriad of reasons. I never cared about Assassin's Creed as I burned out after the second installment, but people seem to be really enjoying the latest one? Similarly for Division and Wildlands, neither are really my jam, as I can never jive with third person shooters over first person shooters, but people seem to be enjoying them lately? As for For Honor, I thought it was a cool idea, but lacked depth, and that seems to be common opinion about it: It's really cool, but no one cares about it.

I don't have any personal investment in a Triple-A™ publisher doing well, but of all the other ones out there, they seem to be doing alright? :shrug: Never quite got the hate they get to this day. They definitely had a lot of teething issues when Uplay was first a thing, but they seem to be over the worst of it. Caching avatars isn't that bad in the grand scheme of things.

Also probably worthwhile to mention that Ubisoft has put out quite a few cool indie projects like Valiant Hearts and Grow Home.

Jehde fucked around with this message at 08:21 on Jan 25, 2018

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

keyframe posted:

I think it will be a fun Siege 4 Dead style diversion. I am looking forward to it.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Gun hats are where it's at.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

boop the snoot posted:

can't justify paying so much for a game that is so old

This is weird as Siege remains fresher after 2 years than most games do after 2 weeks.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Koramei posted:

Like you can pick an op to outlaw for the enemy team each round or something?

Yup. We don't know any more specifics than that, but the implications are already pretty big.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

The only use for a Siege 2 would be to fix underlying limitations in the engine that they can't fix with incremental patches, and Siege isn't bursting at the seams yet. :regd08:

Jehde fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Feb 20, 2018

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Thief posted:

tbh i dont think of pulse much at all except when i'm crafting my most creepy operators tier list. he's one of my least played operators next to mute, not because he's bad, but because the ability just isn't nearly as fun to use as it is effective

It used to be a lot more fun when you had to deal with interpolation. :smith:

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Perestroika posted:

Please disregard me missing the obvious escape route through the open hatch

A hostage rescue ain't poo poo unless you win by running a lap around the map with the hostage on your back.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Guys...please come back.....resist the lure of Far Cry 5....I can't solo queue

Sorry, FC5 Arcade is the new Siege.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

DO NOT BUY THE STARTER EDITION UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES

Why was this removed from the title of the thread and replaced with a bad meme?

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Trying to deduce which of my traps sprung is my favourite part of playing trap operators.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Shockeh posted:

Oh R6 Shotguns have classic FPS choke, as opposed to actual utility.

Honestly, they do a better job than most. And back when they were more "realistic", it was a bit of a problem for balance: https://streamable.com/pgdw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

What is even the reason to use the AR-33 over the L85?

Recoil.