Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ATP_Power
Jun 12, 2010

This is what fascinates me most in existence: the peculiar necessity of imagining what is, in fact, real.

I think that if they actually plan to have something like 100 operators eventually, this current model won't be sustainable without massive price restructuring. While not essential, the DLC operators offer some incredible options not given to base game ops, and the renown grind is pretty hefty unless you're playing a lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ATP_Power
Jun 12, 2010

This is what fascinates me most in existence: the peculiar necessity of imagining what is, in fact, real.

Isn't the Russian LMG (that Finka also uses) the only LMG to not get buffed in the latest patch?

ATP_Power
Jun 12, 2010

Maestro looks like a real fucker, those gadgets look crazy powerful, and he gets an LMG with an ACOG.

ATP_Power
Jun 12, 2010

Also just noticing that Alibi gets the Judge shotgun pistol as a secondary.

ATP_Power
Jun 12, 2010

Both the Italians get either the shotgun pistol or a Mateba revolver, so I'm pretty sure that means they've got the coolest sidearms in the game.

ATP_Power
Jun 12, 2010

As sad as I am about it, I think the only OP I wouldn't recommend to new players is Tachanka.

Maybe one day our Lord will get a rework to be more than a gimmick.

ATP_Power
Jun 12, 2010

I loved playing MG class in Day of Defeat, and my dream Tachanka rework is just giving him a bipod and the ability to deploy the MG on any appropriate surface or while prone. You could heavily nerf or ditch the shield at that point and I think he'd still be good.

ATP_Power
Jun 12, 2010

FWIW you don't need really good headphones to play the game. King George (former pro and full time streamer) streams using the cheap Samsung earbuds that are packed in with their phones, as long as it gives stereo sound you'll be good.

ATP_Power
Jun 12, 2010

One of my favorite R6 moments was when the last guy on our team was toying with the last downed opponent, and the downed guy managed to crawl his way over to my (pre-rework) Kapkan trap and kill them both for a draw.

ATP_Power
Jun 12, 2010

algebra testes posted:

The ultimate stalemate!

The closest I have to that I was in a 1 v 1 wandering onto the point and getting Frost trapped while my team laughed at me for throwing the win.

... and then I captured the point because apparently the last guy was so far away he couldn't get back in time.

It was the first and only draw I've seen happen playing the game, I couldn't stop laughing.

ATP_Power
Jun 12, 2010

Do iron sights not have faster ADS than guns with sights? Or is the MP7 iron sight just so good pros rock it anyways?

ATP_Power
Jun 12, 2010

Lemon-Lime posted:

So, what else did the patch break and/or make completely garbage? :v:

Well I just tried to play it and got a matchmaking error soo.

ATP_Power
Jun 12, 2010

Is anyone else still getting the matchmaking error? I tried a fix King George recommended, but I'm still unable to get a casual game going when I'm in a party.

E: I guess they changed something cause the 'fix' was keeping me from getting matches.

ATP_Power fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Sep 7, 2018

ATP_Power
Jun 12, 2010

Tokubetsu posted:

The quick and easy prep phase is a big part for sure. With mute, I guess, I just feel incredibly competent in what I'm doing (I bought the game around the top of the summer and I'm about 130 hours in). He's like a slightly more involved rook haha

On the flip side my top 3 attackers as of rn are Thatcher > Thermite > Jackal

Rook is a cool man who has fun with dudes.

ATP_Power
Jun 12, 2010

my kinda ape posted:

Constant matchmaking errors is a step backwards but at least all you have to do is start matchmaking again when it happens and it'll eventually work. New ops are great though.

My experience is if I'm in a party, I'm almost always getting MM errors. My R6 group all grabbed a VPN free trial and running that we can get games no problem.

ATP_Power
Jun 12, 2010

Doors and corners, kid. That's where they get you.

ATP_Power
Jun 12, 2010

Droning is essential to attacking. Don't be afraid to save your drone in the prep phase to scout where you're planning on entering. Teaming up with someone to drone ahead of whoever is entering is also really good, but even if you're on your own, toss a drone into the room you're planning on entering before you just jump through that window or door.

I'd also highly recommend playing with headphones. Directional sound is a massive part of this game, and if you're playing on speakers you are going to be at a disadvantage. It's amazing how much information you can get from careful listening once you get used to the sound model in the game.

ATP_Power fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Oct 2, 2018

ATP_Power
Jun 12, 2010

Can we talk about how rad the Jaeger skull headgear is? It's not a mask, it turns his head into a skeleton.

It's less rad that you can't mix and match headgears with the elite skins though, that skull would look amazing with the elite uniform.

ATP_Power
Jun 12, 2010

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

There's a ton of skull Charms and skeleton Charms and they're going to stay in the game and just be "turned off" for the Chinese. Same with blood.

Hope so, don't want to lose my skull Jaeger right after getting it.

quote:

It absolutely sucks poo poo that I have to play a game partially under a fascist country's bullshit laws because Ubi wants funbucks.

I think China's rules for game iconography sucks too, but they're not fascist by any real definition of the word.

ATP_Power
Jun 12, 2010

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

They literally say it's because of "National Unity", my dude. They've put a million Muslims in camps. They literally monitor teachers via cameras for teaching anything against the will of the state. They give people a social media score on people based on who they are friends with and then take away their rights if it gets too low. Their current leader is openly considering staying appointed forever. Please don't post on things you don't know anything about.

I'd look up the definition of fascism again my dude (try Robert Paxton or Umbero Eco). Authoritarian probably, but fascism has meaning beyond "thing bad". The politics of R6 are bad enough without these hot takes.

ATP_Power
Jun 12, 2010

A literal fascist death squad is playable in this game right now (BOPE), not to mention the myriad of literal war criminals that are the "good guys". Ubi adding the CRAF, PVA or PLA would be balance at this point.

ATP_Power
Jun 12, 2010

Guillermus posted:

They should have gone the blizzard's way and just make a game with less skellies for them and keep it the same for us. But it's goobysoft and they're lazy.

As long as my skull Jaeger is safe I'm happy.

ATP_Power
Jun 12, 2010

verbal enema posted:

Oh I always the SMG on frost I forget her shotgun is semiauto.

It should be a pump imo

Also gently caress THE AA12 WHY IS THIS IN THE GAME

Frost shotgun is amazing, and her pistol is also solid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ATP_Power
Jun 12, 2010

I didn't know you could get a Yokai onto the roof above the attacker-only catwalks on tower, but an Echo did that to me the other day and it was the most annoying poo poo.