Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

caldrax
Jan 21, 2001

i learned it from watching you
This game has extremely jittery frame drops for me in multiplayer, I've googled the problem a fair amount and tried all the supposed fixes I could find, but nothing seems to work. It works fine in situations, but online it's a mess. None of my other games have this problem, at least not regularly (Titanfall 2 had it awhile back but I never found a solution and it seemed to get patched out) anyone had this and fixed it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

caldrax
Jan 21, 2001

Polka_Rapper posted:

If you have Discord, do you have either the overlay enabled or hardware acceleration enabled? I found just having the overlay open with or without acceleration would cause drops. Even if the overlay did not show up in-game.

Neither...

ACValiant posted:

On top of this, my framerate is loads better fullscreen vs borderless window.

I have been playing borderless, I'll try this tonight. However, situations works fine? Hmmm. Oh well it's worth a shot.

caldrax
Jan 21, 2001

Well, thanks for the suggestions, unfortunately fullscreen didn't help. It's like a millisecond hitch every second or two that makes it feel like you're walking with a limp. It's not so terrible that I can't play at all, but in a game that requires as much precision as this does, it's annoying enough that it feels like it's putting me at a serious disadvantage.

caldrax
Jan 21, 2001

Penpal posted:

Download DDU, uninstall video drivers, restart into safe mode, use DDU, restart, re-install drivers, restart, then give it a shot

Did this. No luck, thanks for the idea though.