Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
on console I was copper last season & worked my way up from silver to gold this one, if you're not playing w/ a regular set of players & are decent its a real crapshoot but nbd because the lower your rank...the better you are

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

Agoat posted:

I keep going from having no kills in a round to 3 or 4. I think I need to work on my positioning more. I feel I'm almost ready for ranked.

u should just start playing Ranked as soon as u can once you've got basics down imo...ppl in Casual kinda already play like psychos so you'll have to relearn some stuff just 4 (in my experience) the different pace of Ranked
If any1 complains simply play DukeNukemBlowItOutYourAss.wav & you'll b efine

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
dokkaebi is so useful now w/ the 600 different cameras defenders have

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
Congrats major o7
a round that starts with catching some1 bust thru a window & throwing an impact grenade...fun stuff 4 sure.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
One of the first things I did with Alibi was make an intentionally rly obvious eye or gunlevel hole in a wall & then put the hologram behind it, then when they shoot it they'll get pinged & u can actually shoot them through somewhere else on the wall...lots of fun do recommend if u haven't tried it already

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
to me, Jäger is the dullest by far

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

Thief posted:

does Ubi need to pay for some sort of license to use the official name of certain weapons?

also the CZ-75 is one of my favorite pistols but in every videogame that has it uses a full-auto variant with that ugly foregrip thing
this article's old but still relevant but basically it's a symbiotic relationship bcuz its like - u know - product placement
https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-02-01-shooters-how-video-games-fund-arms-manufacturers
I'd assume its the same with siege but who knows

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
Engendering a healthier community for the game will only have positive results for the game itself, there's nothing lost by ppl being unable to say variations on the N word in tactical shooter text chat. There's ways around everything but lol if u think forcing ppl to go to extreme efforts to say slurs won't decrease the amount of slurs overall (as mentioned...look @ the steam forums rn for proof of that)

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
https://twitter.com/honkifyourgay/status/1018889934034391041

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
i think the basic differences between skill levels can be broken down 2 a level where - if you really wanted to have a legitimate matchmaking service you could start tracking more variables in the background beyond the basic points stuff, u could even get real specifici with it like - "are they reacting/how quickly are they reacting to noise"/"how exposed do they leave themselves when holding angles/rounding corners" and so on and so on. but it will never ever happen because it would be an insane dump of development time & effort that's better put into just making the game better (and making money)

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

Qubee posted:

one of my fav things is telling a teammate I'll drone a room out for them when I see them about to breach. feels hella good when I drone a room out and tell them there's an enemy in a corner, and then ping it and they bust in and aimbot.exe the poo poo out of them.

drones in general, I distinctly remember the first time i thought to drone a situation b4 entering it & shot someone thru a window or something was rly the moment the game clicked for me. It's such a small thing that gives u such a huge advantage, especially when ur starting out & everybody's flailin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

Orv posted:

Two days later I still don't really understand how or why this is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20s_UGcm1uM

reload makes it look like u give a thumbs up