Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?

algebra testes posted:

Lmao how long was dota 2 around before it added tutorials?

The Dota 2 tutorials are only tutorials in name, they are dogshit at actually teaching people how the game is played.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

I for one am glad the Russians are finally getting a female character, even if an acquaintance of mine gets increasingly mad at the number of female characters in the game because it limits his character pool.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

If they are both attackers, I suppose the UK and American operators from S3 will be both defenders. I think it's just a matter of time before someone gets that Calico machine gun pistol with like 50 rounds :v:

Jack Trades posted:

Yeah, I also want realism in my games about japanese men that are invisible to cameras and psychotic brazilians that can get accurate, up to date information on future location of four other people just from a 2 second chat.

I'm sorry, but he's a North Korean man who is invisible to cameras, thank you very much.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

https://www.reddit.com/r/Rainbow6/comments/7xm966/why_is_nobody_talking_about_this_new_operators/

It seems like these two share an introduction video. It's in Spanish but someone already made a good translation down in the comments.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

MelvinBison posted:

I'm thinking about getting this during the Steam sale. Which of the versions would be the best value? I'm leaning towards the Advanced since its only like $5 more than Standard. Also how much is Uplay involved in the game as I've heard nothing good about it.

Advanced. Don't go for the cheapest one (the one that gives you two free characters)

Uplay is pretty benign, it's only used to sync saves as well as weekly challenges that are activated through the overlay.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

I love the lovely backstory for this lovely game. I love it to bits.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Every day I see people on Reddit who complain about only having 12 operators (out of 30+) after 250 hours. Don't get the Starter Edition.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

i heard if you buy the starter and then a year X pass it unlocks standard rates but i have no clue if that's true. I got starter because I only had $15 so

That's not true. I had the Starter Edition, bought a pass and still had to pay 12,500 for base ops (I just bought the Attacker/Defender bundles).

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

The new Russian op is going to get her team banned from the next Olympics.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

It's interesting because now that they've mentioned a Ban/Pick system, stuff like Smoke, Lesion and Echo being a counter to Finka; Echo to Dokkaebi (sort of) etc makes way more sense.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Unlocks:

-All weapon attachments will now be automatically unlocked when you purchase an operator

-You will get all 20 standard ops with when you buy the STANDARD edition

Servers:

-2 new data centers in South Africa and south Europe

-Servers have been getting more stable throughout the last Year

Pick and ban and round flow:

-Ban Phase: Both teams ban 1 attacker and 1 defender

-You now play 5 attacking rounds, then a half time and then 5 defending rounds.

-Enemies can now see what OPs you pick, and apperently you can "fake" a pick

Maps:

-Hereford Base is completely reworked, will come back Season 3. More stairs, they want to make all OBJ viable picks and move the OBJ away from windows for more indoor firefights. Completely new Art Design.

-Yacht will come back as casual map

-Bomb is now their main gamemode to design maps around, maps in the future will be bigger

-Club house will get MAJOR reworks, there will be a new room on the roof between cash room and bedroom, bar will be sectorized with new walls and a bathroom and a stairway underneath garage. Will get implemented maybe Season 2.

-One map buff per Season.

eSports:

-New Roadmap: https://imgur.com/a/2idJu
-Pro League now 6 months.

-4 Dreamhack Minors

-Major in Paris in August

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

I thought the ping was because every week there's a sale on Ops for those who own the Starter Edition, and the ping's just signalling that.

re: changes, I think they go leave with Outbreak.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Basticle posted:

disapointed that Bukakke recruit is gone

unrelated https://streamable.com/jtjsd

Maybe it's an Outbreak-only model?

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Afaik it's an Eastern philosophical concept regarding the flow of energy through one's body. Wikipedia has a page on it.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Next season are probs going to be attacker and defender. I'm sure the new American and Brit ops are going to be defenders.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

This will also make Blitz a bit more fragile though. You will need a couple less leg shots to kill him! :v:

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Can't wait for the Speed 4, Armor 0 Tachanka rework.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

asterioth posted:

Tatical and cool. I'm talking about the people who Have to wear the blood orchard/other non fun uniforms at all times.

I like the way gloves look while using the Blood Orchid uniforms. Doc loses his white gloves, I don't like tan so Blackbeard becomes 100% more visually appealing, I dislike the blue that Hibana/Echo have on their uniform as well as the Spetsnaz camo, etc. The only case in which I'd say I use it because of actual gameplay reasons is Frost/Buck, because white stands out like crazy.

And now we get two bright yellow ops. gently caress.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Well I'll be damned, it's an actual uniform.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

I love how Ash referred to Chanka as "your highness" in that video lol

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Literally the Vanguard from Mass Effect

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

6th of March, yes.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

That changed with White Noise. Now you have to spot them to get their icons.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Normally, even games like Dota 2 operate on volume of reports. People who are consistently behaving like assholes will get consistently reported.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

On the 6th, I think

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

I love the guy asking if using the pejorative, non-slur form of "gay" will get them banned.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

I wonder how good an idea it was to let people play Outbreak on the TTS. I suppose most who had the opportunity won't even bother playing it on live, which won't help the queue times.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

iirc the Outbreak packs can only be purchased, so I wonder what kind of reward, if any, will this event have.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Have an attacker who can't be picked up by cameras, except for maybe Valk/Echo. Seems straightforward to me.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

El Burbo posted:

Aren’t the icons just the same detailed ones that were only visible on the operator loadout page?

Yep. Always found it funny they weren't used outside that screen. Also the loadout models are much higher rez and weapons are shown at a better angle.

Got my free Outbreak packs but no Ash skin :(

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

I got the yellow Zofia outfit, the Outbreak red skin (which seems to be universal?) and two more gun skins.

SpazmasterX posted:

Purple thermite gun skin, Ying uniform, Tchanka uniform (holy poo poo), and the elite ash set. But I was under the impression that I was supposed to just get that soooooo I got robbed a free pack? I also never got the Damascus skin the year 3 pass said I was supposed to get for buying before today.

You got a duplicate Ash set, yeah. The Damascus skin is a known bug, a hotfix is coming out tomorrow.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

She gets a shield instead.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

There are a dozen or so new legendaries in the regular alpha packs, such as helmets and hats for Lesion, Ela and Capitao; as well as new weapons skins. They look neat.

https://imgur.com/a/X892P

here's a gallery

Azran fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Mar 7, 2018

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

As long as you don't get banned for saying something is gay, then I'm cool with it.

This opinion brought to you by Reddit

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

SpazmasterX posted:

Nonplussed.

I love how this means both unperturbed and surprised/confused depending on usage.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Mostly DMRs, I think.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Only place I can think of is that one side passage in the cargo section in Plane. Is there somewhere else?

E: For getting trapped by your tea. , I mean.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

There are Vigil lines referring to a decoy, so who knows if that'll be an actual Italian ability or not. Still, bulletproof cams sound sweet.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Yup. The glitch fix just stopped people from walking on them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

I kill people who try to reinforce Kid's Bedroom all the time, but only if they don't stop after I say DON'T REINFORCE THE OBJECTIVE.