Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Everyone tells me to use ACOG in every gun, but I don't know if I like it.

I doubt I'll play enough of this game to ever learn the maps, zooming in so far seems to make it difficult for me to see enemies when I'm in faster situations. I've been using a holo instead.

I've played like 5 hours so far so... Not much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Tumble posted:

I was like that at first too, then I started to engage people from further away because I learned which parts of the map people tend to roam in and which parts they hunker down and try to defend. At that point it's useful to have a bit of magnification so you can pick people apart easier.

But use the reflex sight it's the best one outside of the ACOG. The holographic is ugly.

I really am disappointed by the red dot. It looks like it's painted on lol

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

What are good operators to pick up for ranked? I have Smoke and Mute on defense, Ash and Sledge on attack.

I try to play mute or ash every time if possible.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Shockeh posted:

Oh yeah, whilst I was on the 'what the gently caress are you smoking?' bandwagon, we already have several Defenders who make Shields incredibly sad (Smoke & Lesion, for starters, as well as ELA who makes everyone sad), whilst still being good Operators in their own right, so that makes the desire for a shield wrecking Operator extra wacky.

tbh its annoying that some of the shield ops can get into a corner and unless you have the counter you just have to literally watch them forever.

Thief posted:

and if you go with hibana - idk why but i swear to got her main rifle (Type 89?) actually somehow loving works better with a silencer than any other attachment

Don't suppressors lower damage? seems bad

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Thief posted:

insignificant DPS loss compared to how much better the weapon handles. if you're that worried about dps you can just use a flash hider but from my experiences the suppressor+acog on this particular rifle makes cheesing headshots much easier than any other options it has

fwiw she's my #3 most played attacker w/over 20 nerdy hours experimenting so i'm not just quoting some esports chart i found on reddit

I thought all a silencer did was lower the damage and sound, I didn't know it increased handling. BTW what's the difference between flash hider and compensator? Ingame it says the comp is much better but everyone is using flash hider from what I can tell.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

I didn't know the lore was basically a sitcom

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

unlawfulsoup posted:

To sort of reiterate again what everyone is saying. Don't get the starter edition. No joke the grind is really really hideous and I can't imagine the frustration later if you want to actually play unique operators, you know a sort of key element of the whole game. It is basically a trap and there are very few cases where it makes any sense. The standard basically makes it easy to unlock all the year 1 OPs in a reasonable amount of time.

i heard if you buy the starter and then a year X pass it unlocks standard rates but i have no clue if that's true. I got starter because I only had $15 so

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Azran posted:

That's not true. I had the Starter Edition, bought a pass and still had to pay 12,500 for base ops (I just bought the Attacker/Defender bundles).

that's unfortunate.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Seriously I started thinking about this a year ago. Please just make a sequel

why, when they can make more money this way?

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Jack Trades posted:

"How dare you exaggerate my position!"
"Also here's me exaggerating your position lol"

Your entire position was 'lol you mad? You care about things?? Hahaha!'

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

why does ranked mode still say beta hasnt this game been out 3-4 years

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Do people ever troll LESS? So far in both of my ranked games people just tk until they're kicked after one or two rounds.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Penpal posted:

What rank are you playing in

I don't know. I just started playing ranked, which is why I said my two ranked games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

People on Reddit are literally saying dumb poo poo like "you script kiddies wouldn't understand, they need to store 2 years worth of renown activity and retrieve it"

and it's like no, all the info they need to do it is right there whenever you check an operator's loadout. Complete bullshit.

These are the same people who call you an idiot if you buy the starter edition after a free weekend and then want to upgrade to standard. It's always you being a dumb idiot and never ubi trying to mislead you with the free weekend experience.