Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nebiros
Apr 25, 2013

The scarf is nice.

mawlok posted:

I’m usually 100% against any censorship but I hate to say I make an exception for this because nobody of any value uses racial slurs in chat.

And yet, winding them up and getting them angrier and angrier is the best part of the game. Baiting people into temp bans is a distant second. Also jesus, it wasn't nearly as common as some people would have you believe. It's the Battlefield 1 thread all over again. That said, people losing their poo poo over that is a tolerable consolation prize.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nebiros
Apr 25, 2013

The scarf is nice.

Fart Car '97 posted:

No no no

Balance the game for play at a professional level. Casual/ranked should follow suit with minor alterations to rule sets that make the game more accessible, without changing the gameplay.

For example: 1st to 3 in casual is good becuase it speeds the game up without changing the actual play. The 4 minute timer and fixed spawns in casual are bad because operator abilities and maps are balanced around a 3 minute round with multiple, chosen spawns. Good players know how to exploit the differences in causal and players learn the game accordingly. This results in a rough transition when players decide to check out ranked play, which is a bad thing.

You can't expect the game to thrive on a pro level if good players who decide to try and go pro suddenly cross an arbitrary line where things are balanced differently. Thats bad. If you balance the game at the pro level, the meta follows suit at all levels and the game is better.

As something of an addition to this. If you want to see the opposite of balancing around your best players, Dead by Daylight has been balanced around the rank 20 (Think Copper tier) for quite a while now. It's why once you get far enough down the track, it becomes a miserable slog full of dumb, tedious and aggravating bullshit and hilariously bad balancing.

Nebiros
Apr 25, 2013

The scarf is nice.

Thief posted:

not gonna hate on tower because it is maybe the most roamer friendly map but i understand why they took it out of ranked rotation since the majority of people playing it aren't going to be in a coordinated 5man premade

theme park has really fun obj locations and from what i've seen the people that hate it usually just default to drug lab while anchoring in the most obvious spots

villa is nearly perfect except for the bedroom site that has the low wall but even then that spot is fun and allows for a lot of cool options once you get used to playing offsite. otherwise it basically perfected the claustrophobic gameplay of favela while keeping the fighting focused on the interior instead of literal constant spawn peeks and runouts. but spawn peeking and runouts are still totally an option they're just way more of a gamble which is a great thing imo

they should have kept favela in casual rotation if they weren't going to actually loving delete it entirely (it's in Thunt)

meanwhile coastline is just 2 squares stacked on top of each other, whoopee do

border isn't nearly as bad but it has the lovely edge site by the bathroom with the cardboard wall/window/vending machine that is undefendable against a competent team without playing the hatch and/or running out on the HVAC overpass thing. this site reminds me of the door by the cupcake lounge in kafe or even the top floor of favela. for every good thing about that map there is generally something terribly annoying that overshadows it

similarly, yacht has the lovely engine room site with the 2 doors and hatches. also boats are just the poor man's planes. it seems to only exists so that we have a hallway shooter with mostly indestructible walls.

the redesign of clubhouse is actually amazing and i hope that whatever they do with hereford is on this level. honestly i think it'd be cool if that map changed frequently however they felt like or even implemented some sort of randomization to it mid-match because it would fit the theme of a tacticool training complex

I actually enjoy Coastline because there's some interesting antics in it's simplicity. There's multiple angles of approach, fun ways to cover areas from attack and defense and sometimes you can go balls out stupid and get away with it. It's not the best map, but I wouldn't put it anywhere near Bartlett. That's reserved for Hereford (Lol we only need one staircase right?) and Plane. Because Plane is currently filling the hole Bartlett filled as, "I'm going to do dumb poo poo a lot of the time here to make it go faster."

Border, House, Oregon and Consulate all have objectives that really need to be moved or reworked though.

Nebiros
Apr 25, 2013

The scarf is nice.
Edit: don't phone post.

Nebiros
Apr 25, 2013

The scarf is nice.

Cup Runneth Over posted:

I'm back in Silver. I'm gonna try and make the sprint through ELO Hell tomorrow. Pray for me.

If you're on late/early enough I'll run with you. Can't hurt that much.

Nebiros
Apr 25, 2013

The scarf is nice.

ZeusCannon posted:

Still dumb. Who the gently caress is even like.. oh wait who did I pick again and what does it do? In the middle of a loving match. No one.

I regularly forget who the hell I picked after alt tabbing back in from shitposting or reading the SC thread. This won't help since I can usually guess by gun or tab, but still.

Nebiros
Apr 25, 2013

The scarf is nice.

Qubee posted:

Are you guys completely missing the fact it could maybe be a cultural thing? My black friends use it all the time, who the gently caress are we to tell someone if they're allowed to use it or not. I find it more embarrassing that a bunch of white dudes on an internet forum are even talking about this, let the guy speak however he wants. I've seen white people get offended by it in real life and it's just super awkward cause who even are they to tell a person of colour whether or not they can use it in their vocabulary.

What's the map that's like a sunny villa (it looks like sunset) and has the wine cellar? It's one of the new ones (not sure if clash / maestro comes with a new map, so I think it's the alibi / other person's map). Spawn peeking on that is pretty rough, or that could just be due to me not knowing the map layout. Almost every game I've played on that map has had the defenders using absolutely filthy runouts to kill a good 60% of our team. It's one of the maps that always makes my blood boil, because if I'm dead, spectating teammates is frustrating when audio cues are so obvious yet they just get blatantly ignored. Sound coming from behind you, bud, maybe turn around? Or not, yeah, keep staring down the hallway that hasn't had any sound come out from it in 30 seconds. Oh, you just died from the guy who was sprinting up behind you for a solid 5 seconds. Shocker.

90% of R6 users in a nutshell. Or people who listen to music whilst playing, they ought to be burned at the stake.

I don't know, I find it appropriate to listen to poo poo like "You Will Not Survive" and other fun tracks when my team is a trash fire/talk too much anyway. Best time to 870 Recruit and play some Doom.

Nebiros
Apr 25, 2013

The scarf is nice.

Cup Runneth Over posted:

If this game were realistic then you'd be able to down people by setting off a flashbang right next to them :colbert:

I legit wish Flashbangs did what they did in America's Army 2. They shifted your aim, deafened you and left an afterimage of whatever you had been looking at before you were flashed after the initial blind effect wears away. They were seriously dangerous in that game.

Nebiros
Apr 25, 2013

The scarf is nice.

Lemon-Lime posted:

I hate the new Hereford but that's down to them retexturing the entire map so it's way more visually cluttered and changing the decoration on everything so you no longer know what room is where in relation to the general layout of the map. The ground and top floor changes are solid, though I'm not sure about the basement.

I think most of the mumble/discord can name maybe 4 rooms of old Hereford. It was a map only rivaled by Bartlett in loving awfulness. It's a vast improvement on having two staircases alone.

Nebiros
Apr 25, 2013

The scarf is nice.

Arcella posted:

When are they adding Ding Chavez

I want the goofy gently caress with the WA 2000 instead.

Nebiros
Apr 25, 2013

The scarf is nice.

my kinda ape posted:

What were they doing going outside with 5 seconds left? Or was the guy who ducked to the left planting

There's only 4 people there. Last guy bit it.

Nebiros
Apr 25, 2013

The scarf is nice.

my kinda ape posted:

Huh? It's Doc vs two attackers and they both die when one jumps out the window with 5 seconds left on the clock and sets off a kaptrap.

Fun fact, don't phone post. I thought you were referring to the video before it that's not a youtube link. Oops.

Nebiros
Apr 25, 2013

The scarf is nice.

jyrque posted:

It's first offense, though, not first tk. You've never been kicked out by one accidental tk.

I have. Dumb poo poo pubbie wanted me to breach a wall, then ran forward before I blew it. Got him and the hostage. Double kills are always fun though.

Nebiros
Apr 25, 2013

The scarf is nice.

Combatace posted:

Can someone explain Capitao's utility to me? I get the utility of the smoke bolts I guess, but what is the point of the incendiary? Should I be using the PARA308 or the SAW?

Slap fight comedy aside, his real utility are long range smokes that can't be Jaeger'd. The firebolt is just fun to dick with and decent for flushing people out or denying an are for 5ish seconds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nebiros
Apr 25, 2013

The scarf is nice.

Submarine Sandpaper posted:

it's amazing how much more toxic ranked is

If you meet an rear end in a top hat, you move on having met an rear end in a top hat. If everyone you meet is an rear end in a top hat, it's probably you. Or you're in smurf tiers unironically.