Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SpiritOfLenin
Apr 29, 2013

be happy :3

That "no tutorials" in that article is pretty funny since the game tells you to play the situations first, and they teach you all the basic mechanics. Is the dude confused by the fact that Siege's tutorials are not called tutorials? I'm an utter potato at fps-games and those things did exactly what they needed to do, they taught me the very basics of how to reinforce poo poo, sightlines being a thing and how some of the operators play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpiritOfLenin
Apr 29, 2013

Let me tell you guys a beautiful story straight from the copper mines:

It is yet another day in Copper solo que hell, with two teams both desperately trying to claw their way out of there. Today, it is time to battle in Oregon and try to secure the biohazard container. My team, the defense this round, sets up, and the attackers come in... and utterly break the defense, with one player on the other team killing almost everyone. "What just happened?" is a common sentiment in the team, but we just shrug it off as a bad round. Those happen. We attack, and almost the same thing happens - a single player kills most of our team, but a hero on our team takes them down, and we eventually manage to beat the rest of the opponents. We're looking at the top scorer on their team and their insane skills, and think he's a smurf or something. We decide to focus all our efforts each round on taking this guy down, and we manage to stay in the game, winning those rounds we can kill the topscorer, losing those rounds we can't.

Then the fifth round begins, with us setting up in the basement again, and the villain's cheats are revealed, as he obviously tracks players through walls. Perhaps he got careless, perhaps he got mad about getting one tap headshotted at the start of the last round, but whatever the reason, his cheating was getting more blatant. The hacker, however, had one fatal flaw - he still clearly belonged in the copper mines, as he had the awareness of a potato pretty much. He laser focused on one guy at a time, and this fatal weakness meant that someone who wasn't their target could usually surprise them and kill them. A miracle happened, deep in the darkness of the copper mines. The team without a hacker started communicating, calling out wherever the hacker was going, encouraging each other and in general working as an actual team. As the team actually worked as a team, every time the hacker fell, the rest of their team fell with him - as deep in the copper mines, most ignore their teammates at best, start infighting with them at worst. And in the end, the hacker made his final mistake, going after the player who had downed him last round with such fury that they forgot that the angle they were using to kill the poor man was in open view of several of defenders. They fell for the last time, and soon it was all over.

5-4, team without a hacker wins. The hardest goddamn game I've ever played. Also the most satisfying.

SpiritOfLenin
Apr 29, 2013

Javes posted:

I believe the devs said during the tournament that the next 2 operators after finka/lion will be defense.

I don't think they specified that it was the next 2 ops, but that one of this year's updates will have 2 defenders.

SpiritOfLenin
Apr 29, 2013

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

My dudes I agree with you. Lion is not well designed. It's funny that everyone (including me) thought Finka was going to be a similar level of power and she hasn't done poo poo.

They might have slightly overtuned her, they did nerf her a bit before she hit live servers if I remember correctly.

SpiritOfLenin
Apr 29, 2013

The single greatest feeling in Siege is getting three "enemy stepped into frost trap" notifications in under 10 seconds, with one of them being defuser carrier. Suddenly a round that seemed to be lost early was instead won for free essentially.