Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Krogort
Oct 27, 2013

Danknificent posted:

Somewhere in 300 hours of casual I inadvertently became competent and am now generally MVP every match, but I know if I were to try ranked I'd be the deadest weight.

You would be surprised. In ranked I find that overall people are much more at my level than in casual where I'll be stomped by a plat or Ash smurf.
Mid gold ranked is pretty cool, people usually know their stuff but are not abusing pixel peeks, dropshot and other bullshit too much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013

Cup Runneth Over posted:

30 shots wasn't nuts because it allowed her to harass defenders and miss shots on moving targets. The Twitch drones are completely useless for harassment now. You couldn't even come close to downing someone unless they're super low, even if they just stand still and let you zap them. And given you have no way to tell ops' health aside from killcams, why would you ever waste your precious darts on people?

You probably won't even see her drones now until they're already out of darts. They'll just be fat normal drones that can't jump.

They are still invisible drones if you have the elite skin.

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013

Cup Runneth Over posted:

gently caress you guys. I liked it when my Black Ice skins were exclusive. A reward for having played the game for so long. A trophy of my commitment to the game. Now they're a constant reminder that Ubisoft doesn't give a gently caress. Salt in the wound of them adding loot boxes to the game at all.

Well your single weapon skin got turned into an universal skin so there is really nothing to complain about...

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013

Feel they are the contrary to glass canon as they often have tiny frames which coupled with the fast movement make them take less bullet than the fat 3 armor.
It kinda make them more survivable in many situations.

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013

Zomborgon posted:

After 63 hours, I've gotten all of the launch operators and built up enough resources to get any two of the rest, but not a dang clue of which to pick. Any ideas? I'm looking to branch out a bit.

Stats for reference:

Weapon stats:
Melee kills: 2
Accuracy: 48.48%
Headshots: 3.69%
Kill assists: 154
Penetration kills: 29
Bullets fired: 6,922
Bullets hit: 3,356

Overall stats:
Revives: 20
Suicides: 2
Reinforcements deployed: 426
Barricades built: 566

Best 4 Operators:
1. Kapkan: 149 kills/127 deaths, 11.2 hrs
2. IQ: 56 kills/73 deaths, 6.0 hrs
3. Thermite: 66 kills/68 deaths, 6.0 hrs
4. Fuze: 26 kills/37 deaths, 3.5 hrs
I'm going to suggest operators that offer new gameplay options

Attack
Jackal can sniff opfor footsteps and locate them (all your team recieve a ping what refresh every few second), he also has an interesting selection of weapons
Dokkaebi has great weapons, can ring defender phones and hack their cameras

Defense
Mira can create windows in reinforcable walls, she has a very high rof SMG and a shotgun
Valkyrie can throw camera around
Caveira can walk silently and has a pretty overpowered silent pistol, she can also interrogate her victims

Honarble mentions:
Buck is an improved Sledge
Hibana is an improved Thermite
Frost and Lesion kinda play like Kapkan with different kind of traps
Ela is a 3 speed operator with an overpowered SMG and cool stun traps
Blackbeard is kinda boring but his face shield are a big advantage in peeking duels

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013

tomdidiot posted:

What’s the best way to improve your aim?

I’ve got about 40 hours of casual but my kd is stubbornly stuck in the 0.45-0.5 range(worse in ranked) and feel like I can’t win any straight up gunfights. I have fairly good map knowledge except on theme park, because gently caress theme park. I’ve reduced mouse sensitivity significantly, and I’ve stopped dying to stupid things but just can’t seem to get kills. I’m ok at aiming in thunt because the terror are stupid and don’t aim, but I suck when they’re shooting back and moving around.

Play Ela, spray and pray.

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013

This Buck camo is so cool, is there any way to grab it now?

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013

Anyone has a screenshot of Lumberjack Buck ingame or in victory screen ?
I want to see how bright those shirt and boots really look

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013

Flipswitch posted:

I want a ctu operator with a tactical hijab and the other ballistic turban to piss off the idiots on reddit and 4chan

E: oh i missed a page but my post stands.

Valkyrie ?

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013

keyframe posted:

You don't. You just don't.

Ying seem to be picked a lot in the Invitational.
Every time I try to play her I find the gun to be really crap...

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013

Even in the same category, some weapons have double the DPS than other so it really matter.

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013

The Bananana posted:

Ok, what do I do as a shield guy, now that my shield has been knocked away by an op4 melee?

What's the best counter there?

Melee them before they melee you
Failing that turn about 45 degres to the right and your knocked out shield will be facing op4

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013

asterioth posted:

FInka seems to be countered by enough. I can see them changing lion to being 1 speed 3 armor before he goes live.

Seeing how big the model is, I got the feeling he was meant to be a 3 armor but was then turned into a goofy medium.

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013

Many time they talked about "meta breaking" operators.
This is it

Seem they want to turn Blitz into the ultimate solo roamer murder machine. He did have trouble against the like of Ela who would just run away while spamming impact grenade and traps with the occasional random spray hoping for a headshot.

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013

Legs Benedict posted:

even if you didnít have the specific numbers or if there is some stupid technical issue just give all legacy players a huge renown dump, like

Jesus christ

You miss the point.
If they gave a town renown to veteran players, they wouldn't need to buy R6 credits !

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013

Got 4 more free packs today, still no universal skin but free is free...

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013

It's the season skin that you can buy

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013

Lemon-Lime posted:

His LMG has insane kick on the first couple of shots, then not much recoil after that. It just takes a bit of getting used to.

What's the best muzzle accessory to offset this ? flash hider ?

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013

Maestro make defending some previously tough points easier now.
Like consulate lobby, good luck planting from the main door with 2 Black Eye and 2 Yokai in the room.

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013

Thief posted:

choosing the perfect loadout is absolutely essential towards the advanced endgame strat of dressing up your cyber-barbies for the direct purpose of tactical harassments via killcam and/or MVP screens:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxlCfoZholo

Yea it's a pretty cool tactical barbie simulator

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013

There is also a grey lesion helmet without the yellow hazmat logo.

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013

Guillermus posted:

How's Smoke for a newbie compared to my usual Mute/Kapkan/Rook?

Smoke is not easy to play.
First you have to stay alive till the end then to get max benefit from his ability. Then you have to master the funky SMG 11 which leave no room for poor aim.

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013

quote:

BLACKBEARD
Increase MK17 damage from 42 to 49
Reduce SR-25 damage from 72 to 61
Reduce the hit points on the Rifle Shield from 60 to 50
30% reduction in movement speed penalty when the Rifle Shield is equipped (He will move faster)
Blackbeard is in a good place in terms of power, so we do not want to make him stronger. We want to make him a bit more appealing and comfortable though, so these changes are aimed towards that. We also have seen that the SR-25 is favored, and want to make the choice between the SR-25 and MK17 a bit more difficult.
And by a bit more difficult they mean pick the MK17 100% of the time...

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013

Basticle posted:

did they buff the spas-12 recently? I feel like its got a tighter spread and less recoil than a month or 2 ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPMCpo47Nyk

Nah but they will buff it next patch

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013

I've noticed that the matchmaking is more balanced in ranked, its more rare to have complete stomps and more common to have very long overtime games.

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013

It's not a ranked map anymore!
So much for the "designed for esport" with Pro teams.

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013

Preview of the new operators and map (show gameplay)
https://streamable.com/rsiwt

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Incorrect. The only thing that beats it at medium-close range is a shotgun.

e: GOLD FOUR BAYBEEEEE

What he meant is that it's getting seriously nerfed on next update.
Same with the other secondary machine pistol

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013

Qubee posted:

am I retarded for ADSing in close quarters? It's a habit I can't break but I've died a lot of times and think hipfiring would have saved me

Hip firing work very well with SMG and shotgun, provided you have the laser. For assault rifle I find it rather underwhelming and for LMG don't bother with that.
I'm sure youtuber rogue9 must have a detailed video about it, watch it.

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013

Muzzle brake also reduce the first shot recoil by a lot, which make it really good on all the semi auto rifles

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013

Canal is peeker heaven, there are tons of windows and runout and the attacker have to expose themselves a lot to enter.
I find it really hard to play against super agressive defending team in ranked, in casual you can just stay back and zap a couple defender but the tight ranked clock make that harder.

Krogort fucked around with this message at Sep 5, 2018 around 15:32

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013

Rogue 9 just made a video about atachements with real data from ubisoft
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iw84aFDN2Cw

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013

I want to like Blitz but then poo poo like this happen
https://streamable.com/3x4l5
And then I see that people like Macie Jay want shield nerfed ?

Krogort fucked around with this message at Jan 6, 2019 around 19:37

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013

Party Plane Jones posted:

using cav's pistol a lot really makes you hate the invulnerability animations while players are dropping to the ground if you're going for kills alone

Isn't there some sorcery about that thing depending on wether or not you have silent walk activated?