Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Just picked this up for the PS4 free weekend last night. I'm surprised at how much fun it is. It's like a mix of CoD and CS but with classes and a fairly unique environmental destruction system.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Psn: the_can0nized

I just picked this game up and am very bad.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

I had a great time playing with PS4 goons last night.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

It costs 5k renown to unlock all Ops in a CTU, there are 5 CTUs, so 25k Renown there.

+ ~400 renown for each op to get them scoped and gripped, so that's 20 * 400 = 8k more renown. Total 33k.

A ha! Enough renown to unlock Finka or Lion on the first day of the new season without buying the season pass, we can't have that!

It's a really bad look. Ubisoft is kicking me in the nuts for buying Siege right after the free weekend.

E:
"technically we could, but it might cost us some money."

The Kingfish fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Mar 2, 2018

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Koramei posted:

Claiming "technical limitations" is kind of stupid but considering it's a goodwill gesture to be removing the renown cost on this stuff in the first place the complaining beyond that is pretty ridiculous.

It isn't a "goodwill" gesture though it's a decision to make the game more accessible for brand new players. I am a slightly less than brand new player and I feel like I'm getting stiffed because I just finished unlocking all the original ops

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Blitz is the only op who makes me rage. If he sees you while you're alone you're dead. you turn to run he shoots you in the back. If you try to fight he blinds you and shoots you in the face. You try to back off he blinds you and shoots you in the face.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Any PS4 peeps wanna play tonight?

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Defenders can press a button to quickly remove any doorway or window barricade. You can also shoot or melee your way through any doorway or window barricade.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

I love watching the pros play and I can't wait for the ban system to be implemented.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

I think it would be a good idea to patch out invisible operators. That would be a fair balance change imo

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

I played against invisible opponents a couple hours ago.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

I just can't believe people can still turn their ops invisible. Lost a ranked match against an invisible hibana earlier this morning.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Use the forum's "ignore" feature

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

lmao I'm sorry I missed out on this.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

The game is weird about when it lets you surrender.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

The map knowledge required to play this game proficiently is an order of magnitude greater than any game I can think of. It will be interesting to see if the community advances to the point where every notable position has a community-accepted callout ala the Counter-Strike maps.

E: maybe it already is like that. I'm pretty new.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

That's annoying because I've tried to find callout maps without success.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Yeah the individual rooms are easy to call out, but I was thinking more like one word callout a for places in each room. Some rooms it's not necessary but others are pretty complex. I guess you can just add a East/west direction to the callout and thats good enough 95% of the time.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Yeah the ping feature is really good.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Maestro might be a good Lion counter depending on what happens when you shoot a hologram.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

I got the Russian seasonal weapon skin in my free packs. It owns.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

On the other hand, skilled players have no difficulty maintaining a high elo

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Yeah, and then they fall out of that elo and eventually need another boost. Elo is good.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Zofia was OP on release. They nerfed her.
Lesion was "changed at all," plus they gave him an extra mine at the start of the round, which does make a difference.
Ying's flash grenades are inconsistent and she's frequently killed running into the objective after them. Lmao @ using the Pro League, with professional 5-man teams, as a basis for game balance.
Mira's damage on her Vector was reduced.
Jackal's AR recoil was absolutely ridiculous before it was increased, and all my tryhard friends mained him on attack because of it. OP on release.
Hibana's Type 89 recoil was increased outside of the patch notes. (source) The Bearing-9 damage was also reduced by like 33%, which technically counts as a nerf to both Echo and Hibana.
Valkyrie's Black Eye getting removed was widely agreed to have balanced her because she was too powerful with 4 to throw around. If it wasn't a significant change, they wouldn't have made it -- but 25% is pretty significant in itself.

Again, 10 (11) out of 18 nerfed, vast majority of DLC operators changed in some way since release (though that doesn't mean they were OP, since tweaks are normal). Once again you are completely wrong. Your posts are as terrible, as is Siege's balancing team. Nice middle school copycat burn, though.

Shut up bitch

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Just picked up a brand new headset so I can finally play with the PS4 crew.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Javes posted:

Right on. Toss me a friend request.

PSN: Javes

I'm the_can0nized. I've played with y'all before but my mic was either incomprehensible or I was using one of those one-headphone Sony brand mics which makes a game like Siege basically unplayable.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

I think the changes look pretty good.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Wooper posted:

Hibana is already good but this buff really cements her as the best.

As much as I like having two good guns, this makes too much sense.

I think it's necessary for Sledge unless he get some other buff.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

I like sledge a lot right now. Def my favorite operator.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Last night some dude one-shot KO'd me on accident from like 50feet away while shooting out a barricade.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

I purposely chose the worst game move, as a joke.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Insta-downed if he tries to pogo through a reinforced hatch

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

He dual-wields six-shooters.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Just got kicked from a game for calling Robert E. Lee a traitorous bitch.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

You shouldn't play hostage on ranked.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

I'm pretty sure the only map it's different on is House?

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

That dokk skin is hideous lmao

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

The game feels insanely more balanced after the speed change. Shield fuze is really good now.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

I just about lost my mind while watching an old video when I found out Capitao used to have frag grenades. I guess he was just far too strong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Maybe it’s because I’m on the PS4, but I can’t remember a single time I’ve heard the N-word used derogatorily in Siege.