Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002

unlawfulsoup posted:

This and pink guns.

I use the valentines day skin and call it my "love gun"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002

The Bananana posted:

Ok, what do I do as a shield guy, now that my shield has been knocked away by an op4 melee?

What's the best counter there?

You can do that dance where you turn 90 degrees. Like the shield goes up and to the left so you turn to the right and it blocks again.

Not that I am good enough to master this, I just seen it on the youtubes.

EDIT: I guess that was covered already. I'm tired.

I can't wait to sleep in tomorrow and then play with all the free weekend noobs and smurf accounts.

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Why the gently caress can your teammates flash you as Ying?

If an enemy kills you after you've been blinded by a teammate's flash they should get a -100 teamkill assist

She doesn't share her special glasses but nanobots person does share their nanos.

They could write something into the story to allow Jackal to not be flashed since he has fancy eyewear already.

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002

Cup Runneth Over posted:

I'm talking about how her special glasses don't protect her from bog standard flashbangs from your teammates, which is retarded

Well I'm guessing technology wise it works the way those electronic 3D glasses work that sync up with what the TV is playing, so it times it along with the flash.

Like this kinda tech

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJ6rLhkZ3Hg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4j3AphZ75pI

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002

Now I am just imagining a montage of blitz chasing people from a camera view like that with yakety sax playing.

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002
Does anybody play on the xboner?

I need more friends there: surrealchemist

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002

Azran posted:

I wonder how good an idea it was to let people play Outbreak on the TTS. I suppose most who had the opportunity won't even bother playing it on live, which won't help the queue times.

I decided not to even touch it. My thinking was it is a limited time thing with a story so it would be more fun not to spoil it. I'm sure people will still play it again since there will be bug fixes and limited time rewards.

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002

afkmacro posted:

Anyone here get a ban or suspension for toxic behavior?

This is pretty fun to read http://steamcommunity.com/app/359550/discussions/0/1698293255119549227/

Hahaha his profile has this screenshot where he was banned plus he left a negative review of the game.
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198093942743/screenshots/

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002
This guy complaining about the "sjw agenda" and changed his name to "gently caress ubisoft". That will show them.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/359550/discussions/0/1696040635928138572/

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002

Minrad posted:

I get that 4 minutes instead of 3 is for the benefit of new players, but one extra minute isn't gonna help if they're totally clueless about where to go anyways and it is a pretty big change to the mechanics of the game. I doubt Ubi will ever do anything about it though.
But I love when there are 2 minutes left after your whole team ran in and got themselves killed. Then while you are trying to figure out how/if you can clutch they get impatient and vote to kick you! SO FUN!

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002
Its nice that they mixed up the challenges a bit so you don't have to fight for one or two operators, but now its like destroy drones every drat time for defenders or destroy gadgets for attackers.

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002

Javes posted:

Hahahahahahahaha How The gently caress Is Hating Dropshotting Real Hahahaha Just Aim Down Like Move Your Mouse Haha

Hahah git gud amirite? Lulz bro. Get rekt.

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002
Get your twitch accounts ready because theres more free gun ornaments coming for watching the pro play this weekend.

Also free weekend so own some scrub noobs.

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002

Mister Facetious posted:

Ash usually destroys then in the first thirty seconds anyway.

This Ash person needs to be stopped.

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002
I was playing pub matches on my cool xbox console earlier and there was one where some noob on my team was just spotting guys nonstop while I was on the floor above and I shot like 2 or 3 people through the floor. Probably not the best way to welcome new players, but it was fun at the time.

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002
"The charms will be delivered the week after the event" Ubisoft making me wait for my charms!! How dare they!

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002
I just bank all my renown and buy the season passes to unlock the operators. Then every so often I buy a handful of alpha packs for fun because I like the surprise factor.

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002

goodness posted:

Who are some good streamers/yoububers to watch for learning? I can't access my steam for a bit due to a mobile authenticator issue :/

VarsityGaming has some deep tutorial videos. Hes got a very monotone voice though but you get used to it.

If you play and use the ubisoft club app now the SAM thing sends you videos related to maps/operators you have played. Seems to be a lot of KingGeorge

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002
The ubisoft store has some stuff on sale now for E3. Standard edition for $20. Also Complete Edition with all 3 years of DLC for $64.99 which is great if you decided you like the game and tired of grinding.

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002

asterioth posted:

TuxBird and BikiniBodhi are both pretty good if you like people loving around in siege.

I prefer Microwave for all my fuckery needs.

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002

SpazmasterX posted:

Don't you hate when you load into a game just late enough and get forced to play Recruit?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnpo1vGlHGk

I prefer when I join late enough that I don't get an operator and then get voted out by impatient people before the map even loads. That's my favorite.

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002
I had a good round with Maestro earlier. One guy put down a claymore in front of a barricaded door next to the objective and I removed that. Then I spotted them and one guy got taken out from lasers and being shot at by team mate. Then the other team mate went up a level and flanked them while they were distracted.

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002
I’ve been messing around with Maestro in terrorist hunt just to try out some random placements. The AI shoots the thing the second it has line of sight so it’s good for figuring out places where you can see their feet. Also if your team mate shoots them at the same time it works but you don’t get the kills.

In casual I found on Oregon that you could drop down onto the cross bar in the tower and place one so it has a view from above. That was pretty sick view but I was playing a casual match and the enemies never made it to the bomb site to use it.

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002

SpazmasterX posted:

Nothing is sweeter than catching someone in a frost trap and then waiting until someone tries to pick them up.

I don't know. The other day I had one of those rounds where it was the last 30 seconds or so and I successfully put down a castle barricade on the entrance to the objective as someone was shooting at me. That was so satisfying when they had no options left to win.

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002
Was hoping the patch they snuck out would fix me having to quit the game on console to see all my operators from year 2 again, but it didn’t.

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002
I got a gun skin and a flip flop charm in my Capri Sun packs. Lame.

Also lame you have to use rainbow fun bucks to get them.

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002

tjones posted:

Ubi needs to implement a solo queue playlist set. They have the playerbase to support it.

This would be great on console. People queueing together a lot of times start doing stupid stuff like team killing their buddies, load up with smurf accounts, or just plain coordinate 10x better and steamroll randos.

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002
Everyone in this thread must be game designers.

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002

Dizz posted:

Nerf Sledge where sometimes the hammer's handle breaks and it stays permanently broken until next day

Just add a crafting system where you have to collect wood first to rebuild it

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002

You gotta share that with StoneMountain64 for clip of the week.

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002
They are doing twitch charm drops again this weekend for all those fellow charm-likers out there https://www.twitch.tv/rainbow6

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002
Hello.
Twitch Prime lootpacks https://twitch.amazon.com/prime/loot/rainbowsix