Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«2 »
Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!

I use the suppressor for Blackbeard like 100% of the time with the SR25. I personally think it's a loving rad loadout, but I am really sticking with it because I was on my way to going 10 and 1 with it and some guy is like "uh why are you using the suppressor with him" and I said "because it's still a 2 hit kill" and then proceeded to get an ace.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003

Thief posted:

fwiw some newer players may be interested in hanging back as an attacker and "playing for picks" until they learn the maps:

Tacticool Snipers:
  • Glaz 85dmg or 72 w/suppressor lol
  • Dokkaebi 60dmg or 125dmg w/shotgun

Optional DMRs:
  • Twitch (417) 69dmg
  • Buck (CAMRS) 69dmg
  • Blackbeard (SR-25) 72dmg

you can learn a lot from chilling in vantage points and seeing how the round unfolds. you'll also get a lot of headshots against impatient defenders poking their heads out from cover

Actually Blackbeard's SR25 only does 60 damage because you have to use a suppressor on it.

Also, I really recommend new players using Kapkan, it helps you learn the trap flow of maps and where players breach and how they enter objectives. Think in terms of how you're wandering away from the objective and where you're placing the traps: set up lines in your head from an entry point to the objective and place traps along that path. When you're the attacker and reach the objective, try to remember how you got there and place traps along that path next time.

Plus his SMG is awesome and he isn't a slow lil turtle now.

Kaedric posted:

I'd take the chart with a grain of salt. Also, suppressor owns and is seriously undervalued. Someone posted their stats in the previous thread over hundreds/thousands of games or whatever, and I think more than 50% of his kills were headshots, so the -damage isn't really that big a deal. When someone shoots at me with a suppressed gun it is EXTREMELY hard to pinpoint where they are and return fire, this is a huge advantage.

poo poo owns

Yup I'm a convert to suppressors. I played a week of recruit rushing to help reset my brain with regards to attachments and fell in love with suppressors after that. A very important thing to remember is that while you get an initial small damage reduction, as the match goes one people tend to lose health as they get into fights. The odds that you run into somebody who is going to die after they lose another 20-30 goes way up by the time the round is a minute or two in.

So all the damage charts in the world showing you that your DPS isn't optimized don't mean anything when you're shooting at Rook and kill him dead with a single bullet through the desk he's hiding behind because he had no idea where your shots were coming from.

Tumble fucked around with this message at Jan 5, 2018 around 20:18

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003

Sledge doesn't make as much noise when you pull down walls, so you can still be sneaky when you're busting down walls. And he gets the MAC-11 which is some dope poo poo. Buck's undergun creates a lot of noise, and he also can't go up against Castle's stuff like Sledge can.

But if you pick Buck and somebody else uses Blackbeard they get a +5 kiss bonus and the smoldering looks they exchange are able to open up really good holes to shoot into. Plus Blackbeard's head protection works out well when Buck's been shooting poo poo wide open.

They're good together. And they're meant to be together.

Tumble fucked around with this message at Jan 7, 2018 around 21:41

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003

If I can convince other people to go LMGs, I love using Fuze's LMG because it's fun and LMG rushes are a blast.

But Fuze's AK is just so drat good that it gives other guns image problems because they can't compete. Even if you use no attachments it'll chop people into pieces just because the recoil will magically send a bullet between their eyes. Other guns feel inadequate just seeing it, the way a teenage girl feels bad because the cheerleaders are more popular on Instagram.

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003

Rook owns for being able to tank damage around obj. His problem is that his hitbox was modeled on a refrigerator box but the solution to that is to park him behind desks and chairs so you have to shoot through stuff to kill him.

Apparently he's a very controversial operator around here though.

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003

Danknificent posted:

This is why I unironically love the game.

yea LMG rushes are the poo poo, they're what sold me on LMGs in this game in general, you can actually shut stuff down with suppressive fire if you've got a few people doing it. normally people will see a bunch of shots in an area and be like "imma peek dat" but they don't when you've got a squad of people chewing through walls, they actually tend to go around when that's happening

although i only use LMGs when i can convince a few other people to LMG rush

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003

ZeusCannon posted:

I dont know any goons who play on Xbox

I do! gt Boastradamus

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003

Oh poo poo got me a Black Ice skin for Fuze's AK in a 5% alpha pack spin.

*goes straight back to using the gray universal skin*

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003

SpazmasterX posted:

What the heck is wrong with the black ice skin

does not belong on Spetsnaz guns, comrade. Is gaudy capitalistic status symbol

what next, Levi's body armor? JORDACHE?

Tumble fucked around with this message at Jan 16, 2018 around 18:11

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003

I'm getting really good at baiting people with Blackbeard now. It's so satisfying to know that people are going to catch a quick glimpse of you and have no absolutely no say in the matter as the animal part of their brain urges them to engage with you.

Tip for new people: if you see a guy with a shield around his gun disappear back into a room after looking you straight in the eyes, don't follow him. He's going to be contorting himself around some random object like a cartoon character hiding behind a cactus and you are probably going to lose that fight.

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003

My skins keep getting reset so my guys look hella lame. It wouldn't be an issue if the menus were responsive but they aren't so it's a pain in the rear end.

Also, anybody here have to deal with wireless repeaters? I bought a cheap Netgear N300 to push the wireless out to my console but I get rubberbanding and warping every now and then so I was wondering what the best solution for gaming would be.

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003

Abisteen posted:

I use a set of powerline adapters for my PS4. They work so much better than any wireless solution I have ever tried, though they are still slower than if I ran a cable across the house. I bought a set of these a couple of years ago but there may be better ones out there.

I looked into those but don't they only work if it's on the same circuit or fuse?

Penpal posted:

A lot of people don't position repeaters correctly and end up relaying a bad signal so make sure you're on top of that and putting it where the signal is strongest.

It's not night and day playing on wifi versus hardwired, but it's pretty drat close

The signal is only going through one interior wood/drywall wall before it gets boosted and even then the repeater is only 15-20 feet from the router, and another 25 feet or so to the xbox. The router itself was just barely reaching the console, it just needed a boost to be reliable.

I may just have to bite the bullet and run a cable from the router, I just don't want to have to drill through the floor or have a visible cable :\

Tumble fucked around with this message at Jan 20, 2018 around 18:21

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003

Penpal posted:

I tried using power adapter ethernet but the breaker is downstairs and the house I'm in has some old wiring. Just buy them and try it, if you get bad performance return it. Just try SpeedTest and some games.

And yeah sound is super important. Make sure your Dialogue volume is at 100... for some reason it controls the volume of footsteps. I had it on 70 because I turned down some things so I could hear disc better and turning it to 100% made me feel like Daredevil manifesting his powers for the first time because of the information overload.

Like even I was surprised, I heard boots clomping around and was startled and made five different expressions trying to work out where it came from

What do you recommend for the power adapter ethernet? I don't really want to spend more than $50 or so.

Also..... no way does dialogue turn up footsteps. Are you for serious?

Tumble fucked around with this message at Jan 20, 2018 around 18:48

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003

amazeballs posted:

If you have cable internet and coaxial cables running in your house you can extend ethernet to anywhere you have a coaxial cable using MoCA adapters. This might be helpful to get an ethernet drop closer to your system so you can set up another wireless router or repeater, or maybe even run the ethernet directly to your console.

Works similarly to the powerline adapters. You will need additional coaxial cables so keep that in mind.

I ended up getting the powerline adapter. It's night and day.

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003

Thief posted:

it should force the Metro2023 gasmask effect on your screen if you use it

there are tons of great camo options in this game now from cartoon to tacticool

but a funny thing about blood orchid was that the color black is ironically the last color you'd seriously want in camouflage and militaries across the world invest millions of irl renown trying to eliminate it

Yea well Frost and Buck have bright white winter gear on and there is like 1 map where it's fitting so it's still better.

What I think is funny is the invisible stuff the game has. They're oddly stingy with that technology in the Clancyverse. You can have drones and needle things that can be invisible but that's it.

Tumble fucked around with this message at Jan 25, 2018 around 22:06

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003

I would pay so much money to have classic Rainbow 6 skins where everybody is dressed the same and wears a black balaclava.

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003

They should buff Tachanka by turning him into Robocop

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

What's the best way to get Terrorist hunt done on realism mode?

Change your settings so that the only thing you have selected is 'Hostage Extraction'. Then suffer through a loving assload of lovely Article 9 anyways despite that. gently caress Bartlett U and it's it lame yellow disarm mission, it ruins T-hunt.

Which is a shame too because hostage extraction terrorist hunt missions are a fun change of pace. You feel pretty badass when you pull it off.

But unfortunately 25% of all the missions are dumb-gently caress Bartlett Article 9.

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Christ I hope that drum mag Vector is only in the co-op mode. The last thing we need is a really good gun getting double the bullets.

wrong

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003

The Bananana posted:

I'd like a single player or coop story based game, a la TC:R6:Vegas

Yea, at the very least I wish they'd set up some new stuff for co-op. Some new enemies and scenarios for levels and stuff.

The levels all have little details showing failed robberies and stuff, they should do something with that.

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003

Do bullets penetrate operators? I can't recall ever shooting two people at once.

Do dead bodies shield from gunfire?

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003

Koramei posted:

They made a big effort to move all client-side stuff server-side during Health (or at least announced they would, but I think it's one of the things that made it in) so I think you can hide behind bodies effectively now. I've definitely used it a couple of times, and yes they definitely block bullets.

Well well well. Now low-level Castle players have become twice as useful in my eyes.

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003

Jack Trades posted:

On some maps Thather can make rooms completely pitch black.

Yea, he takes out any electronic lights in the room, I believe.

Although I feel like anybody that's not a shield op would be at a major disadvantage with a flashlight in a dark map, just because because of how easily you can die to random spraying.

Also, nanobot doctor should be a Spetsnaz guy who's actually just giving all the other operators insane amounts of amphetamines via a remote-controlled injection implant.

"Da, nanobots have bad comedown tomorrow. Sleep for whole day."

Rent-A-Cop posted:

I want Kool-Aid Man. An operator who's ability is to launch himself through an unreinforced wall with no warning except an "Oh yeah!"

Give him 3 armor and an autoshotgun.

Yea you can tie this into my "operators on meth" idea

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003

afkmacro posted:

Real life gadgets like this would have been better. This low scifi bullshit is not the best IMO.

Yea, I like the game because it's raw as gently caress; if you screw up you're gonna get blasted in the head, maybe through a wall, and it's going to kill you quick. The gameplay of Siege is so tight and quick that it kind of bugs me just how out-there they're getting with some of stuff.

I wish we'd see more a grounded Rainbow Six game come out with this destruction engine, I really miss the old Chaos Theory-era Clancy games. That R6: Patriots game looked pretty cool, I wonder if Ubi is planning on making something like that further down the line.

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003

Clearly the Australian defender would just put spiders all over the loving place.

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003

A new movie on Netflix popped up called '6 Days', about the 1980 Iranian embassy siege in London. It goes into the negotiations and, more importantly to this thread, the tactical planning and ensuing assault.

The movie itself is decent, but you guys will probably enjoy it more.

The stuff the SAS wears in this game were directly inspired by this siege. There was even a sledgehammer guy!

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003

I would like to know what these impact grenades that do less damage to humans but blow open much bigger holes in walls are made of and how they work.

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

Everyone tells me to use ACOG in every gun, but I don't know if I like it.

I doubt I'll play enough of this game to ever learn the maps, zooming in so far seems to make it difficult for me to see enemies when I'm in faster situations. I've been using a holo instead.

I've played like 5 hours so far so... Not much.

I was like that at first too, then I started to engage people from further away because I learned which parts of the map people tend to roam in and which parts they hunker down and try to defend. At that point it's useful to have a bit of magnification so you can pick people apart easier.

But use the reflex sight it's the best one outside of the ACOG. The holographic is ugly.

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003

Yea no poo poo, clutch or kick. What do you want, a participation medal?

The pro move is to bust your rear end and try to even the score up, and leave the game on the last round. If your team manages to get it to a sudden death, the juice is even sweeter when you leave.

Diamond-level Pro Strategy is to employ this method during hostage rescue and kill him at the last possible moment. The more kills and the more you've contributing, the more you win when you leave on your own terms.

Tumble fucked around with this message at Feb 12, 2018 around 23:07

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003

Nebiros posted:

It doesn't, but removes tracers and masks sounds allowing you to compensate for a fuckup.

Also, people get hung up on the fact that it lowers damage, but all it does is make the gun take one extra bullet to kill. In a game where all the guns fire ten rounds a second, it's fairly insignificant. Blackbeards SR25 is a double-tap kill from across the map, and when you aren't putting out tracers or much sound and you've got your shield up, you've got a LOT of time to sit and wait. I was upside-down peeking on Tower last night and got 3 kills in 45 seconds just waiting like a spider until they popped up in one of their impact holes or the doorway.

It actually got me hatemail; apparently BB is a bitch-tier operator for big pussies and takes no skill unlike Ela.

The toughest thing to adjust to is the fact that the recoil changes up, but if you force yourself to play with suppressors for a few days you can see why they're very useful.

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003

Did the secondary, less damaging pistols get a buff recently? The never-used GSh-18 does 44 damage (now?) and I don't think it used to do that much.

It seems a lot more viable than I remember it.

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Ying's gun can't possibly be worse than Valkyrie's SMG, which IIRC has the lowest DPS of any gun in the game by far. I love her but I had to stop playing her because Lesion and Ela were just soooooooo much more powerful, combined with Dokkaebi's implicit nerf to her.

Valks SMG is accurate as hell though, it puts bullets where you need them to go.

I think this whole DPS argument is kind of ridiculous because so much of the combat is shooting somebody before they can shoot you. You're dead before you can get all the way from one side of the doorway to the other, and frequently you had no idea they were even shooting at you from until you watch them on the kill cam.

Don't get me wrong, it's fun to catalog stuff and figure out exactly how fast each gun spits out damage, but the caveat to all of that is you're still going to die from a few shots no matter what, so all that information and detailed stat tracking means exactly dick when you vault over a kitchen island at the wrong time and some level 35 guy sends a burst of bullets from his whatever-gun-you-think-is-bottom-tier through the wall and kills your rear end anyways.

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003

They should have those Gears of War style grenade trajectory lines that everybody on the team could see. Just have a transparent red line coming from the hand when it's a frag, and a transparent blue line when it's a flashbang. It would make aiming them a lot easier too, I'm supposed to be an elite operator, I should be able throw a grenade through a doorway or window from a few feet away quite consistently. I feel like a 90% success rate is a little low for an 8 foot toss.

Or how about a dot over their head when they've got a grenade primed. Just something more than a quick "Throwing grenade" quip that could have come from anybody on the team.

I got killed by my teammate yesterday because somebody walked in front of his grenade while he was throwing it and it bounced back at my feet. I feel like that could be prevented fairly simply.

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003

They need to pull the plug on Kanal. It's an awful map. Bring back Favela!

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003

Basticle posted:

I know this is the dead horse you love to beat but would you rather they do the EA/Activision thing and just release a whole new game every year that just fractures the community?

I would definitely love for a proper Rainbow Six game with the current destruction technology so I am actually a little disappointed. I'd love a proper single-player campaign again to play co-op with.

Also are they ever going to get rid of Kanal entirely? That map is loving terrible, I much prefer Bartlett over Kanal.

How are these Outbreak maps leaving the game anyways? Are they maps that we get to play regular Siege on after the event or are they just getting deleted/locked out when it's over?

Tumble fucked around with this message at Feb 20, 2018 around 22:21

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

If they do make a sequel to Rainbow Six Siege it will most likely be in the form of a total overhaul of the existing game. They'll say something like it's an "engine overhaul" but really they'll be migrating existing assets to a new game.

Also I have the feeling that this Outbreak mode is going to post up some HUGE numbers and get them thinking about more single player content.

I would be flat-out thrilled if they just added a few different bad guy models and some different scenarios on maps. Like playing t-hunt hostage rescue on Tower is actually really fun, it would be nice if they'd just make a few random scenarios and tweaked the AI a bit so they actually take cover behind some of the objects.

If you get a few people sneaking around with suppressors it's fun, it would just be nice if there wasn't a literal army of the exact same dudes wearing masks.

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003

asterioth posted:

Tatical and cool. I'm talking about the people who Have to wear the blood orchard/other non fun uniforms at all times.

It's the best uniform for a bunch of operators though. Especially my main dude Blackbeard

look i have been playing Rainbow Six games since the first one on PC twenty years ago i have a certain aesthetic that i like ok

AppleDan posted:

With 100 ops and Bigger Maps being confirmed I kinda want them to bump the team number count from 5 to 8 or something in the future.

I think there should be a game mode where you get 1 wave-style respawn as a recruit. Just because it would be fun to see how chewed up the maps get

Tumble fucked around with this message at Feb 21, 2018 around 19:33

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003

Thief posted:

use the shotgun if you wanna breach and clear with blatant aggression

the LMG is best for hammering bottlenecks with infinite prefire as your team does what they gotta do or are actively completing the obj

play ying like thatcher and she becomes a lot of fun. she is at her best playing support. try to 1v1 someone like a 3speed roamer and you better be on point or very sneaky because that LMG is not good for face to face duels

if you wanna put your life on the line blanket the obj in smoke and run into a good corner that isnt the very edge corner and as the smoke starts to clear you can stagger spam the flashes and pick off select defenders overcommitted to anchoring

its also a good way to make anyone on site scramble so while you're doing this a glaz or whatever can play for picks

Ying is a 1-woman hostage rescuing machine too. I've made some epic grabs just by throwing in smokes and a few candelas. If you're lucky sometimes the enemy will kill the hostage so you don't even have to get them back outside. You'd think people wouldn't blindfire into a cloud of smoke when the hostage is moving but they really do.

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003

Penpal posted:

I've had enough time rescuing the hostage as Ying to get to the window, turn around, survey the chaos, ADS, choose which helpless defender I want to kill, pop them once in the head, reload, turn, then vault to freedom

lol I had that happen the other day, except some Johnny Rambo teammate heard the commotion and ran into a target-rich environment and somehow managed to land a burst of gunfire straight into the poor hostages dome. There were two guys looking straight at a wall and he managed to murder the poor hostage in my arms.

I was done for the night after that one.

Tumble fucked around with this message at Feb 21, 2018 around 21:49

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003

Castle and Mute are good together but without those jammers Castle really loses quite a bit of usefulness.

He needs to be able to carry more panels at this point though, there are so many operators now capable of getting through his panels that he's a way weaker choice than he was in the beginning of the games timeline.

Tumble fucked around with this message at Feb 22, 2018 around 23:10

«2 »