Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Abisteen
Sep 30, 2005

Oh my God what the fuck am I?
I bought this game a while back during either a steam sale or a night drinking but never really gave it a shot. The thread title made me laugh, however, and made me want to give the game a try.

I have the standard edition so this morning I was just running through the situations and getting the small bits of renown. I guess I should do all those and pick out a few operators that look cool? I should probably also get a few regular games under my belt before I start ruining goon games?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abisteen
Sep 30, 2005

Tumble posted:

My skins keep getting reset so my guys look hella lame. It wouldn't be an issue if the menus were responsive but they aren't so it's a pain in the rear end.

Also, anybody here have to deal with wireless repeaters? I bought a cheap Netgear N300 to push the wireless out to my console but I get rubberbanding and warping every now and then so I was wondering what the best solution for gaming would be.

I use a set of powerline adapters for my PS4. They work so much better than any wireless solution I have ever tried, though they are still slower than if I ran a cable across the house. I bought a set of these a couple of years ago but there may be better ones out there.

Abisteen
Sep 30, 2005

Tumble posted:

I looked into those but don't they only work if it's on the same circuit or fuse?

The signal is only going through one interior wood/drywall before it gets boosted and even then the repeater is only 15-20 feet from the router, and another 25 feet or so to the xbox. The router itself was just barely reaching the console, it just needed a boost to be reliable.

I may just have to bite the bullet and run a cable from the router, I just don't want to have to drill through the floor or have a visible cable :\

If they're on completely separate circuits (like if your home has multiple breaker panels) then they won't work. However, they will generally work fine if they're on the same circuit but a different breaker, assuming no breakers are tripped. My living room is absolutely on a different breaker than the room where my modem and router are, but it still works fine because my house only has one breaker panel.

Abisteen
Sep 30, 2005

I am still super new but I vote Mira because she owns and her ability is fun to use. Also seems like it might meet your branch out goal since she's a defender and the only other defender in your best 4 is Kapkan. I think people find Lesion pretty fun also.

Abisteen
Sep 30, 2005

Basticle posted:

I once had a draw cause this

but

what?

it says ranked but I'm thinking the 9 and 11 are photoshopped in from a custom game score or something?

The guy who posted that on reddit admitted that he and his buddies were smurfing and basically forced draws on match point to keep the game going to waste the other players time. So basically it’s real but just people being dicks.

Abisteen
Sep 30, 2005

Is UbisoftConnect the thing I need to have on twitch to get the dumb charms? I assume so since I got asscreed twitch items but I want to make sure when I leave my dumb computer on while I’m at work Friday I get my free stuff.

Abisteen
Sep 30, 2005

I’m new and have been playing with both goons and solo. The games with goons have been so much harder than the solo ones so far since everyone else in the match has probably five times the amount of time spent with the game at minimum. They’re great learning experiences though.

Solo, however, has been great for learning and getting into the game in its own way since, while I’m still on the lower end in terms of level, the opponents are much closer to my skill level. I almost clutched a 3v1 yesterday and getting so close only to barely miss killing the last guy has me itching for more today.

Would your friend ever play the game on his own? Getting matched against mostly players around his skill instead of your skill pulling up the matchmaking difficulty might get him hooked in a bit more.

Abisteen
Sep 30, 2005

So one thing I am slowly getting better at is recognizing operator silhouettes. I’m still pretty weak at it though. Is there a resource anywhere where I can see the operators as they appear in game? I know it will come with time through normal play but I’d like to get better at actually calling out who I’m seeing to my team. Some of the ops still look very similar to me at distance and I see better players in videos calling out instantly when they see a few pixels of a head.

Abisteen
Sep 30, 2005

Blitz rocket skates gadget lookin fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abisteen
Sep 30, 2005

I did a shameful thing.

Was matched up against a stack that was looking to clown on my team by doing poorly advised run outs and trying to outplay our team. Mira jumps out a window and downs our Thatcher and I kill her. I make my way over to Thatcher to pick him up and, around the end of the animation, Kapkan runs out. I start moving my mouse to aim at him and begin firing... but Thatcher’s getting up animation was still going and his body was rising to match my aim. He insta died to my shots and the delay gave Kapkan the chance to kill me.

Thatchers “wha?” In chat was really all that needed to be said. Back to main menu with me.