Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KnightRider
Jan 7, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Rook is useless unless you are playing against silvers. At the higher levels everyone goes for headshots anyways, there are far better operators that can contribute way more to the team. Bandit/Mute, Jager, Mira, any trap operator. If you really want a Acog than play Doc or Echo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KnightRider
Jan 7, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
The Headshot argument is secondary, i was merely stating that he doesnt really bring anything special to the team. I know about the double bleed out time, and i dont know if you are playing against bad players but when i go down i am shot immediately about 95 percent of the time. And theres a big difference between plats and golds.
I mean, i see where you are coming from, his armor can be useful in certain situations on certain maps, but the more situational an operator is the weaker he is. You would be much better off with a Jack of all trades operator like Smoke, Bandit, or Mira, someone that can contribute alot no matter the situation/map. The diamonds i know will only pick Rook bc they want an Acog and the mp5. He is useful in drawn out gunbattles, eg when neither player can hit poo poo, but the farther up you go the less you will see him used.

KnightRider fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Jan 6, 2018

KnightRider
Jan 7, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
For the record i like Rook. Season 1 and 2 he was necessary. Ill never be disappointed when someone gives me a jacket, but this isnt 2015 anymore. There are many more ops to choose from.

KnightRider
Jan 7, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
So i got banned from the discord because i wasnt talking? You could have just asked me what was up before you dropped the banhammer, i was dealing with some stuff.

KnightRider fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Nov 10, 2018