Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Orikaeshigitae
Apr 28, 2006

never kiss a gun street girl again

Deltasquid posted:

There's a few like "trashcan" on chalet's garage (popular cover under the stairs for attackers pushing inside the objective) and white van on consulate's garage. Other than that I can only think of the "bed" call-outs in bedrooms on some maps.

Please don't hide by those trashcans. They aren't bulletproof.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orikaeshigitae
Apr 28, 2006

tjones posted:

Can confirm, I had to do a complete lap around Chalet last night to bust a shield blocking the trophy window. The exploit is dirt cheap and needs to be addressed. It has been allowed for too long, IMO.

They have addressed it by saying that it's intentional and they're leaving it as it is.

Orikaeshigitae
Apr 28, 2006

Jack Trades posted:

Where did they say that exactly? Because I remember hearing the exact opposite.

Well, it's banned in pro league but allowed in ESL. Somewhat unclear. I thought they'd officially made a statement but I can't find one - but that could easily be up to their horrible forums software.

https://www.reddit.com/r/R6ProLeague/comments/7k9slp/apparently_shield_glitching_is_not_a_glitch_if/drhafxw/

Orikaeshigitae
Apr 28, 2006

keyframe posted:

Hey man he can be the best drone operator SA has ever seen.

Great, another twitch who doesn't actually move until both drones are dead.

Orikaeshigitae
Apr 28, 2006

Cup Runneth Over posted:

I don't give a poo poo about bomb as a gamemode but the sweat is inescapable when you play it so it's just not fun.

I honestly don't understand this perspective. When you're matched against players who challenge you and you learn from the experience, you get better. Even when I'm trying to relax these experiences are valuable to me.

But then I've learned a lot of people see the ELO as reflecting on themselves personally, so people surprise me frequently.

Orikaeshigitae
Apr 28, 2006

Thief posted:

the irony is that these players are statistically more likely to be encountered through casual casual play than casual ranked play.

yeah. most plats seem to spend all their time in casual for fear of losing their status.

Orikaeshigitae
Apr 28, 2006

I also don't like non-bomb modes because it becomes harder to predict what enemies will do. makes it into more TDM than strategy, which is mostly why I play siege.

Orikaeshigitae
Apr 28, 2006

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

A lot of people in Casual have "the MOBA mindset" and I hope they get rid of kicking after they fix the team-killing problem.

that reminds me, people who talk about 'main'ing an operator should be shot.

Orikaeshigitae
Apr 28, 2006

You have been shot in the head from hipfire spam or finka-assisted instant ADS while throwing the C4. Would you like to RESTORE a save, RESTART the match, or QUIT?

Orikaeshigitae
Apr 28, 2006

The MP5 is particularly bad against Blitz since it's really accurate but doesn't have a high enough fire rate to outpace his sprint towards you. I've gotten lucky as Rook a couple of times but it's not something where I feel comfortable facing him down because I know what my options are. I don't have many.

Orikaeshigitae
Apr 28, 2006

The thing that gets me the most shield kills is relying on gamer hubris and just tapfiring their heads in an irregular rhythm until they ADS and are immediately shot in the head.

Orikaeshigitae
Apr 28, 2006

Lemon-Lime posted:

For me, it's walking forward with my shield deployed as Montagne, until they panic and try to run away and you punch them in the rear end.

e; https://files.catbox.moe/e0nqaa.webm
When you pick a 3 speed operator in Siege.

You kill the most shields as montagne, eh

Orikaeshigitae
Apr 28, 2006

keyframe posted:

Ubisoft has the worst art team working on siege for some reason.

their designers are just inscrutably bad in general. wildlands has the same problem, as does far cry 5.

Orikaeshigitae
Apr 28, 2006

jyrque posted:

Weird how more people don't play Castle. Usually when I do see someone as him they shield barricade all doors to the objective and lie down in a corner camping. It's way more interesting to create kill corridors by blocking routes leading to the objective and roaming instead.

And if you're unlucky enough to end up with an objective room at top floor you can still barricade the windows and make enemy approach more difficult.

yeah, i agree. he's really useful to soak utility that can otherwise be used to make vertical peeks or flanking rotation paths.

Orikaeshigitae
Apr 28, 2006

Basticle posted:

So maybe I'm just a naive baby but I've never come accross this before. Yesterday I went up against a number of players (coindidentally or not mostly Ash) who were doing this bullshit lean back and forth left to right constantly so you couldnt headshot them, what is this poo poo. Also one of them called me sweaty for peaking as Ela :thunk:

they're easy to hit anyway, just don't stop firing. i treat them like a shield so i just tap fire at head height and murder them regardless. their head still goes through the center position.

Orikaeshigitae
Apr 28, 2006

peeking is a bad idea, though. it gets you killed right at the start of the round, a significant loss for your team in terms of pressure and enemy team counters.

Orikaeshigitae
Apr 28, 2006

Thief posted:

when they said they fixed spawn peeking they meant that you can't literally see players spawn in the open anymore

anyone dying to peeks is not paying attention, lazy or getting pinched from multiple angles. jumpout attacks become more and more common as you face experienced players and are frequently a huge part of the active defuser phase because people like to plant near doors/windows

keep your sights on railings, windows, doors, and always take claymores in your loadout

Orikaeshigitae
Apr 28, 2006

Cup Runneth Over posted:

The golden rule of Siege is definitely "never be where the enemy team knows you are" and I tell my mates that constantly.

that's really well put, kudos.

Orikaeshigitae
Apr 28, 2006

i'm pissed about taking away hibana's claymore.

Orikaeshigitae
Apr 28, 2006

more risks = dead echos so i'm fine with that

Orikaeshigitae
Apr 28, 2006

Cup Runneth Over posted:

This game is awesome on late nights with only Hostage turned on. /s People really are way too sweaty.

I mean, you knew it was a minority pick when you set it. Late nights are slow even on Bomb. I'm a little impressed that you nonetheless chose to complain despite how easily predicted this outcome is.

Orikaeshigitae
Apr 28, 2006

Cup Runneth Over posted:

I chose it because it was a minority pick. I just find it amusing just how many people it (deservedly) eliminates. So many that there isn't even anyone to play with. No need to get asshurt about it.

I have a 12 second queue with Bomb on btw so it's not slow at all.

I really, really don't understand choosing a minority pick and then being amused that it's a minority pick.

Orikaeshigitae
Apr 28, 2006

Davin Valkri posted:

I'm surprised that the two "hard breachers" on the roster are considered "too weak". What's going on there?

they're utility ops and the stats are mostly about kills and kill enabling - hibana's guns are good but her pick rate is due to the combination of frag power and tremendous utility. i don't think that's going to be affected much by the claymore nerf after playing her, since the soft destruction without having to resort to the x-kairos is very useful.

in other words, the top right ops actively contribute to the whole team winning, either through lion's global or ash's speed and load-bearing qualities. it's much harder to secure a win consistently for your team with thermite and hibana.

Orikaeshigitae
Apr 28, 2006

Kikas posted:

Comedy option - he has no way to break hatches.

He breaks them with his head.

Orikaeshigitae
Apr 28, 2006

Javes posted:

Lol at not being a tryhard 100% of the time. Nevermind, it's actually a prison, I'm a slave to my stats pls help.

I must improve my skills.

Orikaeshigitae
Apr 28, 2006

Flipswitch posted:

What's the difference between the standard and starter editions now with all the base operators being free? A buddy is looking to get into it.

here's the difference: the starter edition is a vicious trick and you shouldn't get it

Orikaeshigitae
Apr 28, 2006

i like the hibana one, but i doubt i'll ever change her from her ghoul costume from halloween so it doesn't matter

Orikaeshigitae
Apr 28, 2006

Flipswitch posted:

What attachments are people using on Hibana? Been enjoying the suppressor on the rifle a lot.

acog, vfg, flash hider, no laser.

everything has flash hider on it because i only tap fire. i never spray except when i'm surprised or hipfiring, and even then lately i'm tapping then too just because i've developed decent discipline about it.

tap firing negates recoil on nearly any gun, and firefights are rarely short enough that you need the extra DPS as opposed to accuracy. i started fighting this way because of the way the mp5 works, since it is a laser gun and you can consistently outsnipe Glaz with it. those fundamentals mean that Ela is now one of my best operators, because her weird crazy long burst recoil doesn't make a difference to me. the scorpion is still a monster with controlled short bursts.

Orikaeshigitae
Apr 28, 2006

that's been around forever. i think it was the first charm the put in as a test

Orikaeshigitae
Apr 28, 2006

Koramei posted:

Yes, and guns kill a lot more people than kapkan traps but that doesn't mean the latter are irrelevant. It's not going to be the main thing, but it's yet another thing that adds up for in most circumstances an extremely marginal benefit. I have definitely killed a lot of people that I wouldn't have otherwise killed simply because I saw their red dot. Back in the day when it glared out as a bright red light from your gun too it was even worse, but it can still easily reveal your location if you're not being extremely careful.

Personally I bring it on every pistol, shotgun, and most attackers, but in defense there's too many times I'd rather be able to freely hold an angle waiting for someone and actually get to look through the doorway at where their head will be rather than having to hold my gun slightly to the side so the dot sits on the doorframe rather than shining through onto the wall they'll be walking right past.

yes. and on attack, it was getting me killed by flank runouts too much. so i don't use them anymore, as useful as they are for surprise hipfire.

(i.e. my laser is holding an angle on a window that someone is going to peek from, but they are observant and can tell that the angle means i'm on the ground in a particular spot. they're a pre-nerf 3-speed or coordinate with a friend and i get shot from an angle i'm not prepared for, usually a window on a different floor.)

Orikaeshigitae
Apr 28, 2006

ZeusCannon posted:

Wait do laser actually mechanically change spread beyond just giving you a tiny red dot that sorta tells you where your shots go?

iirc they cut hipfire spread by half

Orikaeshigitae
Apr 28, 2006

Scarf Ace posted:

no mention of the dropshot fix?

next season.

e: ah, i see, these are new designer's notes. maybe not, then.

Orikaeshigitae fucked around with this message at 18:47 on May 10, 2018

Orikaeshigitae
Apr 28, 2006

Gato posted:

Yeah, I've had a few obvious smurfs show up in casual which hopefully means the matchmaking is working and keeping them away from the actual newbies.

As a smurf (and remember, casual's MMR system is exactly the same as ranked, so the 'i'm just having fun' people are really just staying in the shallow end of the pool) you get promoted out of the newbie pool in ~4-5 matches, consistent with the ranked placement system.

I'm mostly just doing it to see what my career k/d will be, since my main account is full of a year+ of being terrible that's dragging my stats down.

Orikaeshigitae fucked around with this message at 00:47 on May 21, 2018

Orikaeshigitae
Apr 28, 2006

Faffel posted:

these are the faces siege will make you feel

They're missing a single bullet hole over their ear/shoulder.

Orikaeshigitae
Apr 28, 2006

Kikas posted:

Dude.
How can you forget the ultimate noob defender - Mute. It's a great addition to the team, if you do your prep right you have utility even if you manage to die, plus the MP5 is one of the more controlable guns in the game with excellent DPS and you get a nitro cell to blast shield fools. Pulse is also a great pick, but much easier to get too focused on his gadget to use his excellent guns to actually kill someone.

For attackers I'd go with Sledge and Ash first, maybe Tatcher later on. Sledge is a really easy solo op - you bust in from a random angle, popping up to 25 man sized holes in walls and wreck chaos inside, while your team accomplishes something else. And Ash is rush fools, get kills. Or die trying to traps, and death is also a learning experience :v:

Good advice, but new players start with these ops as of a couple months ago.

Orikaeshigitae
Apr 28, 2006

I really like trying hard at this game and improving my skills bit by bit :)

Orikaeshigitae
Apr 28, 2006

Aesis posted:

Why the hell do they not block macro in this game? Just saw a Blitz firing pistol like SMG wtf.

They do block macros.

Orikaeshigitae
Apr 28, 2006

people post frag vids in here? here's one from yesterday then

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70oBR2pAa-s

Orikaeshigitae
Apr 28, 2006

Thief posted:

the sweetspot is bronze/silver.

don't lie to the man like that. ranks don't matter at all, and the best advice is to play ranked and ignore the ranks. assume the plats you play casual with bought their ranks with a boost, because they probably did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orikaeshigitae
Apr 28, 2006

Perestroika posted:

Just had an entire pubbie team flip out on me because, after killing the bomb carrier on defense, I just sat down on the bomb and waited for them to come to me. Which they just... never did. After killing the rest of my team they just sort of milled around the bombsites for the duration of the last minute. And when the clock ran out and we won, the whole enemy team threw a fit about me "hiding". :allears:

I think it's a sad mistake that they put TDM on the map load screen, but then again I doubt most new players even knows what that means anymore.