Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«5 »
SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

I AM BRAWW posted:

me whenever anyone kills me ever in r6 siege:

Actually me whenever the game places me against plats and the rare diamond in casual except now I hit the toxic button and block them on PSN so it hopefully doesn't match me against them again (except in cases of 0-2 in progress games which are forgone conclusions)

SpazmasterX fucked around with this message at Jan 8, 2018 around 04:59

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

I've won a fair share of rounds by swinging in as Fuze and just holding the trigger until everyone was dead. LMG for lyfe

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

I'm guessing that Frost didn't slow her bleeding as soon as she went down, because I'd think she would have lasted just a tiny bit longer that you would have.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PALLJqcjaa4

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

FastestGunAlive posted:

Gonna shoot some invites to those who posted their GTs a few pages back but for other Xbox goons please add me: fastestgunalive

What's will all these xbone players where the gently caress are my PS4 players?!

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

Sprechensiesexy posted:

Is there some kind of free weekend going on? Because the amount of toxic players is extreme this weekend, every match has been at least 1 cheater or tk'er so far.

Remember that a big chunk of players have school and homework Monday - Friday

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

Mercedes posted:

Guys! Guys guys guys. I've killed people. On more than one occasion. Feels good.

Seconded

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

What the heck is wrong with the black ice skin

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

mp5 posted:

I've gotten the same Plasma Pink legendary universal skin twice from alpha packs so I'm going to take this time to complain about gaudy weapons and furthermore

I literally just read this post and opened a pack with Plasma Pink in it

but it's my second legendary ever so yeah budday

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

AnElegantPeacock posted:

More games need a yell button. Battlefield 1 for instance.

Then we can get recruit rushes where they scream the whole time.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

PS4 is under maintenance, not sure if that's every platform. I was stuck in my final placement matches and have no idea if it even counted.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

Cav is fun as poo poo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9NPtAC7DLs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3J0J2jFbys

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

mp5 posted:

Mine got reset after both the maintenance periods they did; I'd only changed a couple of operators' stuff back after the first one but it was still a bummer

I've just been reapplying them to Operators as I select them. Much less annoying, and I get to play rounds in between.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

Jack Trades posted:

Lootboxes suck rear end but...it's just cosmetics, who gives a poo poo.

Especially in a game like this where no one is going to stop and appreciate your aesthetics before they shoot you in the face. Just roll your boxes and equip your highest rarity doodads unless they suck.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

Party Plane Jones posted:

The all-black skins blend in far better than any of the other ones, particularly in areas with poor lighting. Which is why they command a premium.

Similarly people buy the twitch elite skin not for how it looks for the player model but because it changes the drone color to something that blends in with a lot more flooring than the original one.

But is that worth having to see Twitch's face so much

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

Agoat posted:

Overheard on pubs: "I almost got an Alpha Pack! What are the odds?!"

Part of me hopes it was sarcastic, the other part knows it wasn't.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

Jack Trades posted:

The ridiculous tacticool military futuretech is the best part, IMO.

Hence why Future Soldier is still the best Ghost Recon.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

Give me an attacker with a snake camera you can silently feed through breakable walls and barricades that marks enemies. Same benefits as droning a room but without the safety. Unlimited use, but can only see from one position. Maybe make it so you can leave it in it's spot as an extra drone camera.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

ZeusCannon posted:

That sounds like a real cool idea. Could be balanced by making it pretty easy to see from the drill side and button hole from the other. Not sure how you would give it an audio cue though except for the drill noise maybe.

No audio cue for this one. It's supposed to be silent because it doesn't have the same level of benefit as a drone to completely scout out a room, so it's much less obvious. Maybe a very small red light while in use like the other cameras?

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

I'd like to see a operator that can remove reinforcements from walls and panels. Say they come up a floor panel, so they pop out their tool kit and disengage it pretty quickly. But if you were trying to remove a wall from the other side, it's pretty loud and obvious and takes a good 15 to 20 or more uninterrupted seconds so you better have backup or a claymore watching your back. But then once you have that wall ready you can actually hold it up until your squad is ready. Then you suddenly drop it and blow the breach charge that they set up beforehand so that wall they counted on is suddenly wide open.

I'd also love to see an operator exactly like Cav but on offense to catch roamers, but instead of silent walking, you have throwable proximity sensors that ping in your HUD when someone walks by (teammate or otherwise) and lasts a good few seconds so roames could potentially sneak through of a teammate just set it off or something. Basically if Cav is a hunter, this operator is a spider waiting for you to enter their web. And then you interrogate them and ruin the defender's day.

Jeremor posted:

A new operator from a South American country, named Aztec.

His special power is that when he reinforces walls, the opposite sides have blowgun traps that shoot poison darts when people walk past.

Or he can rig up a giant boulder that rolls down a hallway when a pressure plate is disturbed. Whatever

I would actually loving love an operator with trap walls. Try to set a breach charge and it explodes!

SpazmasterX fucked around with this message at Feb 8, 2018 around 20:24

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Agreed. Also, she should have a sniper rifle that she has to charge up to do full damage.

We've got enough French operators as is.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

Q8ee posted:

I need advice that isn't just "get gud". I've never been amazing at FPS games, but I've been above average. I really, really, really love Rainbow Six, it's an amazing game. But I keep losing steam and all motivation to play it, because I prefer Ranked (as I feel it's the best way to improve / go up against players of my own skill level, Casual is such a coin toss on how tough your opponents will be).

However, Ranked really fucks me over. It's as if there isn't a skill bracket for my level. When I'm in high Silver, I dominate, it's no competition, I top the scoreboard. Then I get the inevitable rank up to low Gold, and it's the complete opposite. There's no middle ground. I'm either 100% wrecking (which in itself isn't really fun, as my opponents don't use sound and have poor reflexes, so there's no challenge), or I'm getting wrecked (which is no fun because who wants to die all the time). In low Gold, I play it safe, but it just boils down to my reflexes / reaction times not being as good as the person I come up against. I'll see them, fire, but my aim isn't great, and they'll just flick and headshot me.

I'm in a perpetual state of non-stop winning games, ranking up, and then non-stop losing until I derank back to high Silver. I usually binge on the game when I'm high Silver, but when I'm in Gold, it's just such a slog and I end up giving up and not touching the game again. I really want to play right now, but the thought of going through 5 games of just being dominated is a huge turn off.

How long have you been playing? Do you usually play solo?

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

Laser sights should have a toggle so you can use them when you want and just always have them equipped

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

I'm not here to point out anyone's poor life choices.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Zofia's LMG is amazing for spamming into a doorway until a defender gets cocky and tries to peek you only to get instantly headshot.

And then you laugh. Oh my god do you laugh

This is basically the primary use for LMGs. Shoot at someone's cover until they think you ran out of bullets.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

I'd thoroughly enjoy an operator with a hard shield counter gadget. Like a taser projectile that would force you to switch to just a pistol for 5 seconds or take damage. Or if we're gonna go silly sci-fi, a magnet trap that yanks your equipped gun or shield out of your hands and forces you to manually remove it from the trap.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

Davin Valkri posted:

Honest question--isn't that Echo and Lesion? Or are they only a hard counter to Montagne?

Echo can disorient you, but he can't force Montagne to collapse his shield (I'm pretty sure) or Blitz be unable to flash you. Plus you can't do anything while piloting the drone anyways, so you're relying on a teammate for the alley oop.

Lesion is a better counter, but you're also relying on them to not be able to reposition themselves at all while you're attempting to put a gu on their feet. And again, Blitz will probably still flash you and kill you when you're trying to do that.

My suggestion is a hard anti-shield operator that removes the shields from the equation entirely, but their gadget has no use on operators not using one. Give them a decent shotgun, SMG, 2 speed, and 2 armor, because their entire existence is ruining the day of any shields trying to get into the objective.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

Jack Trades posted:

Yokai's shot does force Monty to collapse his shield and so do Ela's mines, afaik.
But only very briefly.

Yeah so nothing stopping him from immediately reactivating it if you're a lone Echo.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

Why do all the shootmans have backstories in this game where characterization is limited to "Barricading wall"?

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

keyframe posted:

Would have been cool if they made it so Vigil is invisible to Lion drone when his ability is active.

Would have made no sense though because Vigil's gadget only (canonically) works on drones and cameras in a certain range while the eye in the sky doesn't actually provide a video feed. Seems more like echolocation or something.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

ZeusCannon posted:

We should brainstorm some anti shield ops

Maybe something with magnets?

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

I swear every time I do something cool I also do something that shows I'm still complete garbage at this game. Cases in point:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnP0IDSuucY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThEkdervv5c

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

Cup Runneth Over posted:

I laughed pretty loving hard when you walked over Hibana even though she was blocking your path. I dunno how you resisted the urge to interrogate any of those kills.

Just going from the sounds I could tell most or all of the enemy team were in the general area, and I have a bad history with greedy interrogations

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

Basticle posted:

I know this is the dead horse you love to beat but would you rather they do the EA/Activision thing and just release a whole new game every year that just fractures the community?

The game is practically a sequel to release day Siege anyways with the amount of Ops and maps added now, plus the ongoing changes to existing maps. At least this way we keep all our digital swag.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

unlawfulsoup posted:

Are you saying pink guns are not tactical!?

Mods?

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

Keep the panel amount but make it so he can replace any broken ones. That way you have to breach or he can just barricade that entryway again when it's safe. God knows that practically every attacker has enough methods to punch through them as is, including literally punching through them.

Ed: Oh or make them Bandit compatible so you can't breach with anything but projectiles

SpazmasterX fucked around with this message at Feb 22, 2018 around 23:34

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

Jose Oquendo posted:

Is there a good resource for learning about the game? I'm going through the training missions and those are pretty straightforward. I'm looking at the operators and I have no loving clue which ones to use or where to begin. I want to learn the ins and outs of this.

Just play it man. Pick ops that sound fun, walk around the maps in private games, learn by doing.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

Cup Runneth Over posted:

How on earth have you survived on this website for 11 years

I am also curious about this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

Thief posted:

lol this is gonna be someone's fulltime job irl

letting you mute individual players should be enough imo but if they want to slap trolls on the wrist until they have to buy a 2nd copy of the game then good for ubi

I'd totally do that job. Probably a decent wage for spending the day hitting Ctrl + F and typing in dirty words. I bet they wouldn't even be responsible for punishments, they just email a list of names and amount of offenses to their boss.

«5 »