Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

Metoron posted:

For those of you in the EU that want to play Gooncrawl online without the overseas lag, the X-Crawl server in Germany has added Gooncrawl to their list of branches that they host.

https://x-crawl.de/

Awesome

also, crabs are rad as fuk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metoron
Jun 5, 2006
Hurm.
It's art input time everyone, I've been requested to do some rebranding for the logos and title cards from Stone Soup to Gooncrawl, easily done. But there's the matter of the desktop icon, since it's no longer branded Stone Soup the current one doesn't fit anymore.

So I would like to hear peoples suggestions of new desktop icons, all I request is nothing that's human shaped, those take significantly more time than I'd like.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

goatman overlayed with Sigmund

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

The cauldron with a get out frog with X's in his eyes sticking out the top

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Scaramouche posted:

the cauldron's too iconic to drop imo but this is a great idea

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Scaramouche posted:

I like this idea.

Hyedum
Jun 12, 2010

Scaramouche posted:

The cauldron with a get out frog with dna helixes in his eyes sticking out the top

Also the frog is purple.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Hyedum posted:

Also the frog is purple.
:perfect:

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

Goddamn, I just dumped the nine enchant armor scrolls I found all game into a GDA before turning a corner and finding a randart +18 GDA with rElec.

E: Haha, in Zot the lungs were FULL of teleport traps, to the point where I cleared out most of the threats before going into the vault. Nothing like the possibility of an OOF being dropped on you in the middle of a fight to wake you up. Left lung entrance had a tele trap, the right lung entrance had two zot traps and the orb chamber right entrance had a tele trap, hooray for ants!

E: That was the easiest extended I've ever had, it's like the game gave up once I beat Zot and Tomb. Cerebov didn't cast firestorm once and Lom used one Tornado and then just sat there. Like there were a few close calls but nothing that really made me worried.

Akett fucked around with this message at 06:13 on Sep 20, 2018

Metoron
Jun 5, 2006
Hurm.
I gave the purple frog an honest try while trying to preserve the iconic cauldron, but since I'm working with a 32x32 pixel canvas for the desktop icon, it did not look good at all, it looked more like a pepe than :frogout:, so I'm gonna veto frogs for now. Sorry but I am very uneasy with making something that can even be construed as a pepe.

I'll check back in the morning to see if there are any more ideas for icons. Sorry for not mentioning the canvas size, I've been using that size for so long while working on this game, that I forget that it's not automatic for everyone to know that it's 32x32 pixels for nearly everything.

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

Make the soup purple and write "get out" on the side of the cauldron.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Just make it a purple cauldron and call it a day

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Akett posted:

Make the soup purple and write "get out" on the side of the cauldron.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Metoron posted:

I gave the purple frog an honest try while trying to preserve the iconic cauldron, but since I'm working with a 32x32 pixel canvas for the desktop icon, it did not look good at all, it looked more like a pepe than :frogout:, so I'm gonna veto frogs for now. Sorry but I am very uneasy with making something that can even be construed as a pepe.

I'll check back in the morning to see if there are any more ideas for icons. Sorry for not mentioning the canvas size, I've been using that size for so long while working on this game, that I forget that it's not automatic for everyone to know that it's 32x32 pixels for nearly everything.

Yeah I was mostly joking; even the guys who do the SA android app mention how having the getout frog icon has been a PITA for them vis a vis pepe connotations. Which is too bad since it would match the goon-contributed(?) Barachi race too.

Cliché:
- Cauldron with grenade in/on it
- Cauldron has just had a grenade explode in it with goo/boom flying out the top
- Cauldron with GC on it in Impact
- Cauldron with a hammer sticking out
- Cauldron with a fork at bar sinister https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bend_(heraldry)#%22Bar_sinister%22
- Five cauldrons on the edge of a cliff

Did earlier versions of Crawl have a different icon? Maybe hearken back to what they used for previous, but obviously modified. I'd google it but I have no idea how you'd even find historic versions of a program's icon.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Phoneposting but probably go back through the Git history. There's some switch to git log that will ID changes to a specific file (-- <path/to/icon> probably) and then just look at those commits?

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

If there was a different version of the cauldron icon then it was before I started playing in like .5 or something.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

ya cauldron full of purple chunks

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

gooncrawl stone borscht

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

From the bitch who brought you the Harp of Healing: A cauldron with a fork and on the fork is purple meat.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

resistentialism posted:

ya cauldron full of purple chunks

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

actually, i'll never let the yeti dream die, so someone has to code that into the game and then the icon needs to be the skifree yeti eating a purple chunk

Metoron
Jun 5, 2006
Hurm.
Alright, sent the sprites to FK, thanks for the input everyone.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Obligatory post about paralysis sucking.

Went into Orc for the first time, bunch of trash and a warlord. Fine, I'll stairdance it out. Clear a bunch, hit 50% health, go back up.

Rest, go back down. Turns out a sorcerer had appeared while I was upstairs and was adjacent to the stairs with the warlord. Sorcerer paralyzes me and I go from 150 hp of MiBe to dead with literally no opportunity to do anything to escape. No opportunity at all.

That's bullshit.

edit: oh and since we're trying to hunt down lovely vaults for gooncrawl just add this to your init to get your vaults seen in your morgue:

code:
dump_order  = header,hiscore,stats,misc,inventory,
dump_order += skills,spells,overview,mutations,messages,screenshot,
dump_order += monlist,kills,notes,vaults,skill_gains,action_counts
That way you don't have to manually parse the log or whatever.

Arivia fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Sep 22, 2018

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

Status: still working on a framework for permabuffs to fit into so that it isn't a (completely) disorganized mess, then I can start converting the spells over. I'll probably finish up the new OP sometime this week.

In the meantime, Metoron made some modifications to the logo and .exe icon which are now in!

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

Status update: I believe I got most of the framework stuff in the background for permabuffs done, I just need to start converting the spells over.

Also, I think some were said before, but any ideas for a new thread title before I post a new thread?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Crawl .Whatever: Just Play Gooncrawl

Crawl .22: Floodkiller Gave Me Crabs

Crawl .22: Fun Was Removed For Being Suboptimal

World Famous W
May 25, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

PMush Perfect posted:

Crawl .Whatever: Just Play Gooncrawl
Gots my vote.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Where do I play this version online?

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky
Crawl .22: In-combat movement removed to improve verisimilitude

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

resistentialism posted:

Where do I play this version online?

CBRO (once experimental branches/forks are turned back on): http://crawl.berotato.org
CPO: https://crawl.project357.org/
X-Crawl: https://x-crawl.de/

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Floodkiller posted:

(once experimental branches/forks are turned back on)
Don't hold your breath on that, it's been a month already.

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.
I think they're trying to pretend gooncrawl doesn't exist

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

Speleothing posted:

I think they're trying to pretend gooncrawl doesn't exist

Johnstein isn't part of the dev team. Even if it was a hidden conspiracy against forks (hellcrawl was also hosted on CBRO), I would think they would remove the banner stating the tournament is still ongoing.

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

Forks are back on CBRO.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

About time, I hate playing locally. No cloud saves and no way to turn off mouse controls. Which is a pain in the rear end when you have a temperamental track pad.

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

Progress update: Found some bugs with how I implemented things as I started porting spells over to permabuffs, working those out before I continue. I'll probably work on it more tomorrow as I have the day off, so hopefully I can get at least the framework and some of the spells converted into Trunk for some testing while I work through the others.

I'll post the new thread tomorrow as well, regardless if I get it done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

Still having an issue sorting out implementation bugs for permabuffs. Specifically, because I'm hijacking the mutation system to track them (instead of adding them all as separate attributes like Hellcrawl), it's letting you remove them with cure mutation potions and other weirdness. I'm kind of inspired to hit this during the week, so let's see if I can get at least the framework+transmutations out before next weekend.

Anyway, new thread here:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3871004

• Locked thread