Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen
I'm unreasonably pleased you went with my thread title suggestion :3:.

I think the idea of the Harp of Healing as an evocable is a cool idea, but I still like the Wand of Healing. I don't see why they have to be exclusive!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen
I thought I asked about ignite poison. I love ignite poison! :)

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen
I don't mind specifically orbs of fire having malmutate. They're crawl's most famous gently caress-you monster, and part of their mystique is that any encounter with an OOF can gently caress you over permanently even if you survive. I am not a big fan of this kind of design for most monsters, but I think it adds a distinctive touch for there to be the occasional enemy that breaks the rules.

Clouds of malmutate gas cateblopas style seem fine too, or they could simply statrot you intensively for a similar kind of medium-term risk.

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

Elephant Parade posted:

Wait, did anyone ever actually play sludge elves? Between their lack of a niche and them not really existing as enemies, I was okay with their removal. Maybe they should be added to the sewer and/or given some kind of gimmick?

I did!

Floodkiller, you're doing Zin's work.

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

Teal posted:

Could just give them Evolution 2

This would own.

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

queserasera posted:

Is there any point in saving scrolls of acquirement?

As far as I'm aware, no. If your skill balance changes, the acquirement weights will change with it, so theoretically it might be worth waiting in some situations, but I think you should be firing them off immediately 99% of the time.

Acquirement can also get you food or gold, so if you're right about to hit Orc and see a bunch of shops it might be worth waiting too

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

Patashu posted:

I have Singularity (both player and enemy) working in Gooncrawl. I'll submit a pull request once I wrap my head around how Github Desktop works. (Which I think means 'when I get home', I cannot for the life of me figure out how to push changes behind my corporate firewall. Something to do with SSL/SSH being intercepted.) EDIT: Haha, there's a workaround. Pull request here: https://github.com/Floodkiller/crawl/pull/10

To easily test enemy Singularity, you can spawn an enemy that knows Singularity as follows:
enable wizard mode with &
&
m
ancient lich hd:20 spells:singularity.50.wizard

Change monster/hd as desired.

:krad:
god bless you

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen
Pull request closed: no ring

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen
Hell should have three branches with 6 levels each.

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen
Why not just give demigods human apts for a version or two, see how it plays, and revert / make further changes if necessary?

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

Tollymain posted:

here's my current opinion regarding what demigods should have:

- human skill apts, with a single melee or ranged weapon skill set to +2 at xl 1 and 2 other random skills set to +4 at xl 7 and xl 14 respectively.
- the same stat growth as they have now
- the ability to drink ambrosia for no confusion and a full hp/mp refresh
- at least 8-inch-long cocks when erect

make this goon project lead

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen
I think this is a pretty cool idea, and I'm all for it.

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

Irony Be My Shield posted:

Seems like a bit of a trap species to me. It covers for poor MP management in the early game, but with spriggan HP without the corresponding stealth or speed there's a high chance of just being blown up later. It's still sortof interesting but I wouldn't promote it as a 'beginner race'.

Seems similar to trolls, who are very powerful in the early game but who drop off significantly later. I think that's fine! If this new race helps new players get their first rune as a caster I'd call it a success.

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen
That makes sense. We'll see how the numbers work out in practice if the race moves into trunk or gooncrawl. If the race ends up too weak or too strong you can always fiddle with it later.

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

Tollymain posted:

let's move on

los-altering effects in crawl tend to be based on magical darkness and light, so idk if its a good match for a blind species

also i keep trying to come up w a name that doesnt overlap a lot w deep dwarves. maybe flavor them as a society of dwarves that fell under a terrible curse? cursed dwarves sounds kind of metal

e: reiterating desire for a nemelex zealot jester background

How about Trogdolytes?

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen
I am of the opinion it's worth sacrificing book burning on the altar of a more convenient user interface for most characters. I rarely if ever used book burning strategically. It's a fun piece of flavor but it's not the hill I would die on, and you're actually getting something in exchange for the sacrifice.

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen
I think we should just bin the summon XP penalty. Why does summoning need to be even more tedious than it already is?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

Weeping Wound posted:

at this point, just put in a unrandart scimitar named Grayswandir

you know what this fuckin' thing does :getin:

this but unironically

• Locked thread