Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
When was the vaults rune lock introduced? I thought it had always been there since I started playing, so like .12 or so

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
FR for gooncrawl: feline mummy in Tomb.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Tollymain posted:

what would make deep dwarves not absurdly bad at anything outside berserkers and (necromancers of) makhleb?

i feel that at the very least elyvilon should be a relatively viable choice because come on. maybe they should get improved benefits to non-makhleb healing effects/potions?

Reintroducing Pakellas.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Tollymain posted:

so are we giving felids boots now

Only a unique called kitten mittens that gives them ponderous.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Hey did we make Lair 8 levels yet because we should do that. Cutting down on good experience in the midgame to make it harder to get hybrids off the ground was lovely IMO.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

IronicDongz posted:

goons play smartly

what

e: on this topic I had a good gnoll warper going as my first hellcrawl run yesterday until I tried to fight grinder and prince ribbit at once

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Floodkiller posted:

Nope, I definitely missed them. Thanks!

Fixed link here if the old survey didn't replace automatically (survey results should still carry over, you shouldn't need to fill it out again unless your 6th and 7th choices really matter to you):
https://goo.gl/forms/kmRUr3Lf8TH5V1x52

Midway through at the hell effects page it started telling me it required me to put a number for every row, so I couldn't just mark the ones I actually cared about. Did the options that sounded good, then I don't care, then the rest to indicate my preferences.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Obligatory post about paralysis sucking.

Went into Orc for the first time, bunch of trash and a warlord. Fine, I'll stairdance it out. Clear a bunch, hit 50% health, go back up.

Rest, go back down. Turns out a sorcerer had appeared while I was upstairs and was adjacent to the stairs with the warlord. Sorcerer paralyzes me and I go from 150 hp of MiBe to dead with literally no opportunity to do anything to escape. No opportunity at all.

That's bullshit.

edit: oh and since we're trying to hunt down lovely vaults for gooncrawl just add this to your init to get your vaults seen in your morgue:

code:
dump_order  = header,hiscore,stats,misc,inventory,
dump_order += skills,spells,overview,mutations,messages,screenshot,
dump_order += monlist,kills,notes,vaults,skill_gains,action_counts
That way you don't have to manually parse the log or whatever.

Arivia fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Sep 22, 2018

• Locked thread