Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

SteelNeuron posted:

I feel you. My setup for DCSS is Vim, commandline GDB, and commandline Git. I don't think I can be of great help either :')

not empty quoting because im bad at the mallocs and the frees

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

that moment where you wish you had trained throwing instead of slings

e: actually poo poo, should I cut my losses on slings 10 and switch to throwing? I had a good reason to grab slings when I did (long blades primary with no flaming brand found, bought a +5 hunting sling of freezing on D5 for ~300g to deal with hydras which it did great at)

https://pastebin.com/FqPJN3bD

goatsestretchgoals fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Feb 5, 2018

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Nightgull posted:

Last I played literally everything was a crab.

they make soaps and combs for this

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

tote up a bags posted:

what should be the banners for the gooncrawl tournament?

- die 1/2/3 times to monsters at least 5XL lower than you ("The Tabmaster")
- Get bezerkitis or shoutitis by eating the purple when you had 7+ positive muts and no negatives ("One more hit")

3 deaths to D2 Sigmund. ("First stairs only stairs.")

E: If someone who is good at GIFs can make a Sigmund/DCSS version of :xcom:, I will buy it as : thatsdcss :

goatsestretchgoals fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Feb 15, 2018

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Counterpoint: Exactly two sets of boots drop through both Lair branches: +0 of nothing and +1 of flying (as a Gargoyle). Finally got an acquire scroll and it drops +0 boots of running. Holy shitballs hello enchant armor scrolls.

E: Also minor bug in non-gooncrawl trunk: (a)ctivating flying as a race that can fly but has flying boots displays an x% chance to fail. I only landed/flew a couple times so I'm not sure if the bug is UI only or I rolled success each time.

goatsestretchgoals fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Feb 16, 2018

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Make Okawaru grant ammo at high speed. Works with the 'fight your new weapon before you can pick it up' idea which owns.

E: Uncle Okawaru says 'hey it looks like you could use a javelin. Here you go!' *Portal projectiles a javelin at you with effective Throwing 27.*

E2: This started as a throwaway poo poo post but I like it more and more. Being randomly shitslapped with a projectile in the middle of a fight would discourage tab smashing because you may eat a javelin/arrow/bolt out of the ether at any time. I'm not sure how the >poison needles would work with this because those can be nasty.

E3: Exploding tomahawks would also be a problem because they instamulch. Does anyone use them anyway?

Edit 4, the edittening: Not familiar with the code but an easier implementation might be to piggyback on the existing penance code and spawn a monster with the gear that is being gifted.

goatsestretchgoals fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Feb 16, 2018

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

The more I think about it, the more I like the idea of spawning a monster with the gear Oka was going to gift. Adds variability to a given engagement which is something missing from a typical tabsmash character. With the caveat that I have not cloned the repo yet, it _seems_ like it would be relatively easy to work off of the existing penance code.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

IMO it would be more interesting to just spawn a new yellow monster with massively OOD gear on penance gain (which implies being in a fight). Definitely would need some balancing but I think this would make fighter-ish characters more interesting.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Teal posted:

Hey, in Gooncrawl, the "5" wait is just 1 turn wait as opposed to the "wait till something heals/happens" wait in .21 vanilla; is this an intended change? Do I have some accidental RC mess going on?

Your RC is correct, 5 as anything other than wait a single turn is dumb and wrong. :colbert:

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

I'm getting sucked back in and I'm pretty sure I'm about to splat another FoAK.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

goatman overlayed with Sigmund

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Phoneposting but probably go back through the Git history. There's some switch to git log that will ID changes to a specific file (-- <path/to/icon> probably) and then just look at those commits?

• Locked thread