Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Akett
Aug 6, 2012

Ash is also really strong for Gnolls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

I wouldn't mind if orbs of fire could only give you blurry vision as long as that's the only thing they can do muts wise. Perhaps it could be a LOS type thing.

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

Serephina posted:

^^ Currently malmutate does use LoS beam targetting, it's the only way to 'play around' it.

I guess I should have been more clear, I meant that OOFs could give a blurry vision effect while you're in LOS like how torpor snails work.

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

Internet Kraken posted:

The new tile for shadow fiends is cool but they should of stayed shadow fiends. I never remember how to spell tiztizitizfsdjmec

It's not that hard to remember, you just have to remember it as smaller words and combine them. Tizimitl poo poo, I completely miss-remembered how they are spelled, that first half is way more complicated. Tzitzimitl. Well I got the second half right, so at least that much works with my method, I just didn't learn the first half right the first time. So double "tzi" then "mit" then just an L. If you want to pronounce that I imagine the T is silent and it's likely zeetseemeet or zeetseemeetle.

At least Kikubaqudga and Yredelemnul are easier to remember. Well crap, I was debating about Kikubaaqudgha having a double a, and I could have swore I remembered the h when I was typing. Got Yredelemnul right, that felt good. Kiku's got five syllables but four chunks, so kiku baa qud gha. Yred's three chunks, Yred, ele, mnul, but you could stick the m to the second chunk if that's easier.

This has been me sort of embarrassing myself.

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

Isn't gooncrawl supposed to be on CBro?

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

I got a quick suggestion, put a few entropy weavers in Gloorx Vloq's main room (no more than four, and if that many have two near the entrance and two in the back), or perhaps give Gloorx himself the entropy weaving power (perhaps removing his torment if both are too much). It would put him near the level of danger that Lom or Cerebov pose. It would also give him some flavor as like an embodiment of entropy.

Akett fucked around with this message at 13:56 on Mar 7, 2018

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

Tollymain posted:

we can bring back rpois allowing you to eat kobolds and nagas and poo poo

Or perhaps we could just make them eatable for everyone and not reintroduce the potential tedium of resist swapping for food.

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

Jazerus posted:

i don't know about you but one of the things i liked about crawl 10 years ago was the way that some properties, like rpois, had non-obvious extra effects like that

I agree that small effects that can be leveraged in smart ways for neat bonuses like that are cool, but it's not like it's impossible to come up with new ones.

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

They had it as the crusader sword, but ended up changing it because internet nazis are using crusade imagery.

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

You're at XL 15, I don't see the problem.

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

How about Trog lets you sacrifice a spell out of your library to place a flame cloud one tile from you?

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

Dachshundofdoom posted:

Lernaean Hydra is (like all hydras) large enough to ignore all water penalties, which makes it seem way faster than it technically is.

It's more than that, hydra specifically get a move speed bonus in water.

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

Metoron posted:

Here's link to the pull request: https://github.com/Floodkiller/crawl/pull/18

The amulet specifically gives 15 EV after moving or waiting in it's current state.

How would this interact with the Wu Jian council attacks?

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

Oh, great that they removed LRD digging, so now if I want to play a safe extended on a Formicid I need to learn SHATTER. Or take up an inventory slot with a distortion weapon. So I can find shatter in the abyss and learn it and the skill for it.

Holy poo poo, that character was two years ago.

Akett fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Jun 10, 2018

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

Goddamn, I just dumped the nine enchant armor scrolls I found all game into a GDA before turning a corner and finding a randart +18 GDA with rElec.

E: Haha, in Zot the lungs were FULL of teleport traps, to the point where I cleared out most of the threats before going into the vault. Nothing like the possibility of an OOF being dropped on you in the middle of a fight to wake you up. Left lung entrance had a tele trap, the right lung entrance had two zot traps and the orb chamber right entrance had a tele trap, hooray for ants!

E: That was the easiest extended I've ever had, it's like the game gave up once I beat Zot and Tomb. Cerebov didn't cast firestorm once and Lom used one Tornado and then just sat there. Like there were a few close calls but nothing that really made me worried.

Akett fucked around with this message at 06:13 on Sep 20, 2018

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

Make the soup purple and write "get out" on the side of the cauldron.

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

If there was a different version of the cauldron icon then it was before I started playing in like .5 or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

Forks are back on CBRO.

• Locked thread