Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shortspecialbus
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

How doable would it be to add a font size option to SALR? I'm getting old and so I've bumped up the font size in chrome settings, but SA has its own font settings that override that stuff. One Ctrl-+ puts the zoom level where I want it font-wise, but it can make some other stuff goofy as a result.

I asked in QCS a while back to add a font size option for us s but I don't expect that to get added quickly and I think SALR maybe could add it sooner. Or maybe it's there and I can't find it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

shortspecialbus posted:

How doable would it be to add a font size option to SALR? I'm getting old and so I've bumped up the font size in chrome settings, but SA has its own font settings that override that stuff. One Ctrl-+ puts the zoom level where I want it font-wise, but it can make some other stuff goofy as a result.

I asked in QCS a while back to add a font size option for us s but I don't expect that to get added quickly and I think SALR maybe could add it sooner. Or maybe it's there and I can't find it.

Much like dark mode & the spoilers thing from last page, this is a feature that's very easy to solve with userstyles.

Go and get yourself stylus (chrome, firefox). Make a new style for forums.somethingawful.com and paste in this (this is what I use, adjust the px numbers up or down depending on your monitor & eyesight):
code:
.postbody {
    font: 18px sans-serif !important;
    line-height: 125% !important;
}

.forum_219 .postbody {
    font: 17px monospace !important;
}

.bbc-block blockquote {
    font-size: 16px !important;
    color: #383838 !important;
}