Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«6 »
astral
Apr 26, 2004

Out there.

~Coxy posted:

Is there any way for you to avoid the keyboard navigation shortcuts being invoked when the user types a browser chord?

i.e. Control+F jumps to first post on the current page.

Looks like a bug; thanks for the report!

edit: I can't actually reproduce this anymore on Nightly, so I'm guessing something got fixed on the Firefox side or something.

astral fucked around with this message at Apr 25, 2018 around 02:49

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hemish
Jan 24, 2005

I changed PC and reinstalled Windows. I imported all my Chrome data so everything is back to normal but one thing...

Everything I type and all the posts are bold... but just on SA with SALR. I know I had this exact issue the previous time I installed Windows and I can't find info about it in the old thread where I remember even posting... It's been quite a while and I can't remember for the life of me what I ended up doing.

Anyone remember something similar from another user or something? It's getting late so I'll try some more tomorrow but I wanted to write here in case someone has an idea!

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Hemish posted:

I changed PC and reinstalled Windows. I imported all my Chrome data so everything is back to normal but one thing...

Everything I type and all the posts are bold... but just on SA with SALR. I know I had this exact issue the previous time I installed Windows and I can't find info about it in the old thread where I remember even posting... It's been quite a while and I can't remember for the life of me what I ended up doing.

Anyone remember something similar from another user or something? It's getting late so I'll try some more tomorrow but I wanted to write here in case someone has an idea!

The forums font is Roboto. It's also the Android font.

Chrome's font handling is interesting at the best of times (hardcoded and unoverrideable font usage, Google? Seriously?!) and probably gets more so with the font Google uses for Android, so you may want to check if you have a full set of Roboto font files and either fill them out from Google Fonts or just uninstall Roboto entirely.

Hemish
Jan 24, 2005

dont be mean to me posted:

The forums font is Roboto. It's also the Android font.

Chrome's font handling is interesting at the best of times (hardcoded and unoverrideable font usage, Google? Seriously?!) and probably gets more so with the font Google uses for Android, so you may want to check if you have a full set of Roboto font files and either fill them out from Google Fonts or just uninstall Roboto entirely.

My man!!

As soon as I saw you talk about Roboto I remembered that's what I had to do last time. Getting the full Roboto fonts, closing Chrome, logging back to SA and it worked like a charm!

Thank you for jogging my memory!

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

MY CONTEMPT FOR MY OWN EMPLOYEES IS ONLY MATCHED BY MY LOVE FOR TOM BRADY'S SWEATY MAGA BALLS

Quote and Reply buttons seem to be broken in YOSPOS:

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

*whirrrrrrrrrr*

Illegal Hen

that's by design to stop your bad posts

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

vorticity (n):
A measure of the local rotation in a fluid flow. In weather analysis and forecasting, it usually refers to the vertical component of rotation and is used most often in reference to synoptic scale or mesoscale weather systems.

Pillbug

Blinkz0rz posted:

Quote and Reply buttons seem to be broken in YOSPOS:

Must be because you've got the wrong color settings.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

As of the latest (60.0 64 bit) FF update, the post editor appears to have stopped functioning. Every time I reply, I go to the standard form.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Out there.

Samizdata posted:

As of the latest (60.0 64 bit) FF update, the post editor appears to have stopped functioning. Every time I reply, I go to the standard form.

PM me your SALR settings string or troubleshooting page info from clicking the logo in settings and I'll see if I can reproduce it with that but I can't get it to break on Dev Edition or Nightly with my current settings.

astral fucked around with this message at May 10, 2018 around 20:41

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

Thanks for bringing SALR to Firefox - I was really missing it after upgrading to 57. There are a few changes that I had to adapt to, but there are some great features in Redux that weren't in the pre-57 Fx version. In particular, I really like the auto image parsing, but I prefer timgs. Is it possible and reasonably easy to add an option to parse timg instead of img?

«6 »