Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
I apologize if this was asked before, but there is a bug in Firefox and am wondering if there's a way I can fix it by messing with SALR for Firefox?

When I click on a link to a post, or click on a thread to bring me to the last unread post, I notice Firefox always brings me back way too far. It has something to do with the way Firefox is loading images or maybe twitter embeds or something. It can be very frustrating when someone links to a direct post (or I click a quoted post from a different page) and it brings me to the wrong post. I always have to scroll down to the correct one, and sometimes I am not even aware what the correct one is.

I tried SALR and it still does that, though. I know this is not SALR's fault but is there something I can change in SALR so "go to last unread post" or direct post links actually "dump" me to the correct post?

Sorry if this is a stupid question. As a sidenote, SALR is fantastic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Twitter embeds gently caress page loads up because they load in after the rest of the page, apparently.

I've mapped a mouse button to "o" which puts you at the last read post.

Chrome doesn't have the issue though. Is there anyway to fix it in Firefox? I really want to use Firefox. Like, is there any way to tell Firefox to embed Twitter before the rest of the page?

As for your shortcut, you just press "o" and it brings you to the proper post? Even with the Twitter embed stuff?

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

ulmont posted:

Yes, it does. I just tested it with the TFF chat thread and it totally messed things up.

Weird. I am in the Trump thread a lot which has tons of Twitter embeds and I have no issues with it in Chrome. No clue why it works for me.

Master_Odin posted:

SALR attempts to fix that with the "Adjust window position after threads load" setting underneath "Thread Options", but it was always a janky solution and there's now way better methods for detecting when this happens that would be ideal to rewrite it to use.

But yeah, it's because of twitter embeds and the like which load after the fact on SALR.

I just checked and I already had that setting checked, but I also unchecked the option underneath it that said "stop if user scrolls" and now that that's unchecked it works great! Thank you so much!

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
So this is weird. Firefox went back to dumping me at the wrong posts due to the way Twitter embeds work. I promise this does not happen in Chrome at all, no matter how hard I try. But I really don't like Chrome.

Is there any weird css code I can add somewhere to fix this? It's not unlivable but like I said, when I get directly linked to a post a lot of times I am seeing the incorrect one which can be confusing when I am trying to follow a guide or instructions or whatever.

I am not sure why it seems to be intermittent in Firefox. It's really weird.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
I noticed a weird glitch that only happens with SALR enabled. If I press play on a video (for example, a youtube embed or Twitter embed), then the space bar no longer scrolls through the page. With SALR disabled, this doesn't happen. Is there some sort of setting I could change so I could have SALR enabled but not exhibit this behavior? Thanks so much in advance!