Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Stare-Out posted:

Yeah it's sorted now, figured I'd report it in case it was some weird, new behavior. I remember the "Open updated threads" thing vanishing before too but I can't remember how I got it back.

"Open updated threads" has two different settings, one for usercp and one for forumdisplay. Maybe it's enabled for one but not the other?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Stare-Out posted:

All the settings stayed the same with the update but I unchecked and re-checked them both but only the User CP one works while Forum Display doesn't appear at all.

Unfortunately, I can't reproduce it (screenshot from sh/sc):

astral
Apr 26, 2004

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

I seem to be missing a quote button all of a sudden and turning of SALRR is the only way to get it back. Anyone else?

One possibility:
If you have a very narrow browsing window, all the posting buttons (report/edit/quote) on the right can end up bumped down to a new line. Thanks to terrible forum CSS rules, that makes them hidden.

If you are zoomed in, that will exacerbate the problem.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Make sure to enable the 'Hide thread search form' option now that the forums have a thread search box of their own. It's in the Thread Options category of the SALR settings.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

v2.2.3 is out for Firefox to remove the SALR search thread box and prevent unintentional keyboard navigation while in the SA thread search box.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

nexus6 posted:

Is it possible to show user notes for users on the ignore list? If you ignore someone their posts get collapsed/hidden and you don't see the notes you've added.

Frankly, I'd rather further shrink ignored user posts like legacy SALR did rather than adding something that makes them fatter. You can view the post to see/edit any notes.

Legacy SALR did this:

nexus6 posted:

How do you do that? Friend post highlighting?

They're setting the 'background' part of a user note to black.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

I could see a couple of eventual improvements to the old ways for ignoring/notes, as well:

1. Username links to profile
  2. Notes editable/viewable on profile

astral
Apr 26, 2004

All sorts of user control panel stuff was broken when the page title was changed to put "The Something Awful Forums" at the end and I really wish I was joking right now.

This extension needs a ton of error handling.

e: Basically it was trying to grab your username from that; it was never updated to use the loggedinusername div that Chooch (iirc) added.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Okay, I fixed the user control panel thing and added support for the new bookmark stars to the 'open threads in tabs' feature.

An SALR Redux for Firefox release with all this stuff is pending.

edit: SALR Redux 2.2.4 is out for Firefox.

notes posted:

+ Support new bookmark star/highlight colors
* Fix breakage on user control panel pages
* "Show User's Avatar [...]" settings renamed to "Hide User's Avatar [...]" to more accurately reflect their behavior.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

I think I've heard about some other third-party extension attempting something like that, but it wasn't SALR or SALR Redux.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

BlankSystemDaemon posted:

Turns out, I wasn't imagining it completely:

If you enable the page navigator (SALR options -> Threads), the rightmost button acts the same as the 'jump to last read post' button from forums/bookmarks:

Note that this depends on the "Last post button reloads the current thread to check for new posts instead of scrolling to an unread post" setting, which is enabled by default on Firefox and (I believe) newer installs on Chrome-based browsers but not on older Chrome installs. If it just scrolls the page, you'll need to switch it.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Baggot posted:

Sorry if this has been asked before, but is there a reason why the YouTube embeds don't allow me to full-screen videos from the forums? Is there any way to enable this?

I can't reproduce this with SALR's youtube embeds or the forum-native youtube embeds. I see a fullscreen button on both, which is the expected behavior since they both set the required allowfullscreen attribute.

Please indicate browser/OS versions, any specific videos that are giving trouble, and whether it's SALR's youtube embeds (click the link to create the player) or the forum's (the player exists from the beginning).

edit: It's possible some other extension or user script is interfering with this, so it might be worth checking into those, especially if you have any youtube-specific addons/scripts.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Baggot posted:

It's the SALR YouTube embeds, clicking the link to create the player. This happens to me in Chrome browser, in both Windows 10 and Mac OS X (latest versions of each). As far as I can tell, it's all videos across the forums, as I haven't noticed any that I am able to full-screen.

I see what's going on - it looks like it fails to work properly under chromium based browsers since SALR Redux uses // instead of https:// for the youtube embed URL. Thanks for reporting it.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

IMO, it should be its own thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

astral
Apr 26, 2004

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

Nope! It's doing it again. Please let me know what info you need from me to diagnose this memory-gobbling problem.

Maybe someone at Mozilla could help you with it using the crash ID, but...

Does it also happen with a clean Firefox profile? Uninstalling/reinstalling Firefox normally keeps your existing profile; sometimes Firefox profiles can just get really messed-up over time.