Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Klyith posted:

(Also, the "New! Dark Mode!" banner in particular I assume won't be permanent, so would IMO not be worth adding a specific feature about in the extension. Even though it would be fairly simple, adding the code, going through the review submission for an update, then eventually removing it again when it goes away, is a lot of effort for something that's trivially done through other means. Something like font size, or other cohesive whole-site features that aren't easy to fix for most people, is a different story.)

It's indeed temporary but if I decide to promote another feature up there I will use the same class so your css should still work. Though maybe you want to see my promoted features???

quote:

SA is a great website to learn the basics of CSS on, it's very basic
Lol can confirm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Can you link to a bad youtu.be link? If they're not working it is news to me.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Kheldarn posted:

Here's one I came across recently, from this post:

https://youtu.be/9g3--WYH8SY
Ahh - those videos are using url tags. If you paste a youtube or youtu.be link with ctrl+v, the video tags get added automatically and work fine, like this. This will auto-embed as long as you have the "Show video embedded in posts with the video tag?" option set to yes in your options.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9g3--WYH8SY

If you paste with right-click paste, the javascript doesn't capture it, and you paste a bare url, which the forums adds a url tag to when you submit the post. These will not embed, unless SALR has some sort of feature to make them do so. This is true whether it is a youtube.com or a youtu.be link.
https://youtu.be/9g3--WYH8SY

If you add your own video tags, they will also work. I can't make a post do this because it gets parsed even inside code tags but here's a screenshot:

I am guessing from context you are describing an SALR feature - if SALR is changing regular youtube.com links that use [url] tags to instead embed, then you are correct that it could also accept youtu.be links for that feature.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

BlankSystemDaemon posted:

This is just an incredibly minor thing, but on the single post view, there's two buttons to go back to the thread view.

This is because we upstreamed this feature, SALR no longer needs to add this button. Turning off the option in SALR, assuming there is one, should fix it and leave you with one button.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Stare-Out posted:

SALR seems to have stopped working entirely in the past few hours. I didn't touch its settings nor did I tinker with Firefox in any way. I tried restarting the browser, de-, and re-activating SALR but no dice. Something happen with the forums themselves?
The only thing that happened with the forums themselves is the system message appearing and the purchase links up top going from "secure.somethingawful" to "store.somethingawful".