Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

Megillah Gorilla posted:

I just press "o" to get the page to jump to the proper post. Though it doesn't work when you make a post for some reason. Even weirder, it will after you make an edit.

Also, it doesn't work for some people at all.

I tried pressing "o" on my MBP with Chrome/SALR and nothing happened. Is it supposed to jump to the last read post or something? It's also possible I don't have some setting enabled - I saved my SALR settings in a JSON forever ago and I've just been restoring that same JSON every time I need to without actually looking at options.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

SALR 2.1.8.11 on Chrome 80.0.3987.132 (MacOS) - admin/moderator usernames are no longer being highlighted in threads, it would seem. I haven't changed anything on my end. Here's the json I'm using:

code:
{"saveUserNotes":"true","ignoreForumStarYellow":"false","showUserAvatar":"true","enableSinglePost":"true","darkNewReplies":"#99cc99","highlightOPColor":"#fff2aa","clear":"null","showLastThreePages":"false","displayNewPostsFirst":"false","enableUserNotesSync":"true","highlightModeratorColor":"#4db84d","topPurchaseBannerAd":"true","hideAdvertisements":"false","enableKeyboardShortcuts":"false","inlinePostCounts":"true","openAllUnreadLink":"true","highlightAdminColor":"#ff7256","hightlightThread":"false","topPurchaseAcc":"true","showLastThreePagesForum":"true","usernameHighlight":"#9933ff","collapseTldrQuotes":"false","quickReplyYoutube":"true","boxQuotes":"false","topGloryhole":"true","setImageTooltipHideSourceUrl":"true","highlightFriendsColor":"#f2babb","removeItem":"null","displayMods":"false","highlightFriends":"false","topSupport":"true","highlightOwnQuotes":"true","topPurchasePlat":"true","dontReplaceLinkSpoiler":"true","lightRead":"#99ccff","adjustAfterLoad":"true","quickReplySignature":"false","openAllForumUnreadLink":"true","topPurchaseEmoticon":"true","highlightThread":"true","setImageTooltipBlankOnly":"true","userNotesLocal":"null","ignoreBookmarkStarYellow":"false","darkRead":"#6699cc","salrLogoHide":"false","topPurchaseSticky":"true","displayCustomButtons":"true","hideUserGrenade":"false","highlightOP":"true","MouseActiveContext":"false","replaceLinksWithImages":"true","quickReplyLivePreview":"false","replaceImagesReadOnly":"false","bottomNavBar":"true","highlightSelfColor":"#f2babb","inlineVine":"false","quickReplyEmotes":"true","highlightModAdminUsername":"true","displayOmnibarIcon":"false","showLastThreePagesUCP":"true","topSAForums":"true","searchThreadHide":"false","topLogout":"true","showEditBookmarks":"false","getItem":"null","enableMouseUpUCP":"false","topSearch":"true","preventAdjust":"false","highlightOwnUsername":"true","dontReplaceLinkRead":"false","imageLinkHoverDelay":"0","quickReplyFormat":"true","dontReplaceLinkNWS":"true","userQuote":"#a2cd5a","fixImgurLinks":"true","usernameCase":"true","enableSOAPLink":"true","qneProtection":"false","ignoreForumStarRed":"false","whoPostedHide":"false","enableUserNotes":"false","imageLinkHover":"false","topPurchaseUsername":"true","restrictImagePxW":"800","showLastThreePagesThread":"true","fixCancer":"true","fixUserCPFont":"false","setImageTooltip":"false","removeOwnReport":"true","retinaImages":"false","postsPerPage":"default","topPurchaseArchives":"true","setImageTooltipHideExtension":"true","expandBreadcrumbs":"false","enableThreadNotes":"false","quickReplyBookmark":"false","quickReplyDisableSmilies":"false","replaceImagesWithLinks":"false","displayNewPostsFirstUCP":"true","inlineWemAutoplay":"true","dontReplaceLinkImage":"true","inlineWebm":"true","setImageTooltipSkipEmoticons":"true","dontReplaceVineSpoiler":"false","dontReplaceWebmSpoiler":"false","setItem":"null","topPurchaseAva":"true","inlineVideo":"true","ignoreBookmarkStarRed":"false","ignoreBookmarkStarGold":"false","topPurchaseGiftCert":"true","youtubeHighlight":"#ff00ff","topNavBar":"true","ignoreForumStarGold":"false","enableQuickReply":"true","hideGarbageDick":"false","quickReplyParseUrls":"true","showPurchases":"true","topPurchaseNoAds":"true","restrictImageSize":"false","key":"null","displayNewPostsFirstForum":"true","imageLinkHoverShowURL":"true","topLepersColony":"true","topSALink":"true","enableMouseGestures":"false","username":"shortspecialbus","highlightSelf":"true","topUserCP":"true","topForumRules":"true","ignoreForumStarNone":"false","displayConfigureSalr":"true","lightNewReplies":"#ccffcc","dontReplaceWebmNWS":"false","highlightModAdmin":"true","salrInitialized":"true","topPrivMsgs":"true","showNavigation":"true","dontReplaceVineNWS":"false","imageLinkHoverShowFilename":"false","topSaclopedia":"true","replaceImagesLink":"false","displayPageNavigator":"true","enableMouseMenu":"true","showUserAvatarImage":"true","threadCaching":"false","restrictImagePxH":"800","hidePostButtonInThread":"false","length":"null"}
Also the link to the thread in the "Configure SALR" is the old thread rather than this thread.

Edit: It does seem to color them sometimes but not always? I don't know? It's definitely coloring them in the thread listings, but in threads themselves it's somewhat iffy. It seems to get some mods and admins but not others, I don't know.

Edit 2: Maybe disregard this - outside of announcements, which everyone knows are a horrible mess, I can't seem to get it to reproduce it at this point. The thread link is still wrong though :shrug:

ssb fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Mar 20, 2020

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

In Chrome SALR, is there (or could there be) an option to automatically expand timg into the full size (limited to whatever size wouldn't break tables, similar to how normal img tags work now? A lot of people timg stuff in the comic strip thread and it gets tedious to have to constantly click them.

If there is an existing option for this, I apologize, but I can't find it!

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

astral posted:

Make sure to enable the 'Hide thread search form' option now that the forums have a thread search box of their own. It's in the Thread Options category of the SALR settings.

Would it be worth updating SALR to outright remove that at this point?

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

Megillah Gorilla posted:

With Astral being a super mod, they're in a good position to simply ask Jeffrey to fold in the entirety of the extension into the forums code.

I'm thrilled with that so long as I can maintain the customization that I set up, which may be more work to do on the server than it is as a chrome extension.

Either way it wasn't a serious demand, just a thought of removing unneeded stuff as the forums continue to modernize.

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

How doable would it be to add a font size option to SALR? I'm getting old and so I've bumped up the font size in chrome settings, but SA has its own font settings that override that stuff. One Ctrl-+ puts the zoom level where I want it font-wise, but it can make some other stuff goofy as a result.

I asked in QCS a while back to add a font size option for us :corsair:s but I don't expect that to get added quickly and I think SALR maybe could add it sooner. Or maybe it's there and I can't find it.

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

Is this extension taking a policy of saying "no" to any feature request that could be done with user stylesheets, by the way? It seems to be the default response to a lot of things as of late.

If that's the plan for going forward, then that's fine and all, but the OP should probably have a note saying as such. I still feel like stuff such as font size and other things that can be done in CSS would be good additions for people who don't want to screw around with another extension and/or learn CSS but I'm not developing this so I can't really complain :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

Master_Odin posted:

For me, it depends on how "niche" the request is. SALR already does a fair amount of style mucking about so I'm open to adding more stuff. However, some of this is that my current time is very thin and I'm stretched over too many fun projects these days.

astral posted:

I contribute on occasion, but most of my development time/energy goes into the website itself right now.

Klyith posted:

I just wanna say that I am not on the extension team at all, and when I post a quick reply of how to do a thing with stylus it's not speaking on behalf of the authors.

It's just a fast way to fix the thing that someone doesn't like, which I can generally demonstrate how to do very quickly and easily. I figure that if I show a fix in 5 minutes, the person asking can have a better experience long before a feature can be added to SALR.

These are all absolutely fair and I hope it didn't come across that I was complaining. I certainly am not owed anything by the SALR team or users and I appreciate everything it is!

I will say that a font size adjustment is really an accessibility issue that should be configurable in the main site, but as I don't know what the timeline on that would be, I was hoping SALR could be a stopgap without needing to fire up user CSS (although the help with that is appreciated!)