Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Whoo! Triple post!

Aniversario: Heroes Shed No Tears is Saturday at 3. Here are the matches:

- Juan Francisco de Coronado defends the Grand Championship against Mike Quackenbush: It's the anniversary show, so might as well have the face that literally runs the place put over the champ. JFDC has been going over established Chikara guys for well over a year now, so what's one more?

- Beast Warriors vs. Closers: Oleg the Usurper and the Proletariat Boar of Moldova joined forces due to their issues with the Blank. Now they're a pretty dominant big man tag team going up against the dominant big man tag team champs. They don't have enough points for title contention, so this is non-title.

- Green Ant vs. Fire Ant: New ant rookies Green Ant and Thief Ant have been winning over both the crowds and retired Chikara wrestler Worker Ant (the chubby one). Fire Ant, who is mentally broken after losing all of his Colony buddies one way or another, isn't amused and has attacked the two new guys on occasion. Even in the Infinite Gauntlet, when Green Ant assisted Fire Ant and offered to help him out against the crab guys and Merlok, Fire kicked his rear end and eliminated him. Now they're going head-to-head with Worker in Green's corner.

- Officer Warren Barksdale vs. Volgar: The new Volgar is part of the Proteus Wheel, a stable of hoss science experiments created by Professor Nicodemus. Warren Barksdale is an aimless face character who only loses, so...

- Lucas Calhoun and Jeremy Leary vs. Frantik and Callux: Calhoun and Leary are brothers created by Nicodemus who have decided to put aside their differences and take down the Proteus Wheel. Frantik and Callux are the two remaining members of that stable.

- Hype Rockwell vs. Tony Deppen: I... honestly forgot who Deppen even is. Just a throwaway match.

- Razerhawk, Danjerhawk and Icarus vs. Oceanea, Merlok and Hermit Crab: Xyberhawx 2000 members Nytehawk and Sylverhawk have been (permanently?) injured in matches against the Creatures of the Deep and the Closers. They do have new member Danjerhawk, who made his debut winning the Infinite Gauntlet at #33. For the past few months, Icarus had been roasting the Xyberhawx on commentary and has been running them down for one reason or another. Having heard enough, Razerhawk came out and challenged Icarus to take Nytehawk's spot in their upcoming trios match. Feeling disrespected himself, Icarus begrudgingly accepted.

- Solo Darling, Thief Ant, Travis Huckabee, Dasher Hatfield and Mr. Touchdown vs. Whisper, Rory Gulak, Cajun Crawdad, Hallowicked and Frightmare: Throwaway ten-man tag. One of the stories in there is that the Rumble Bees broke up due to Huckabee feeling that they weren't working out while Solo Darling is coming off feeling all abandoned. Meanwhile, Whisper handed off the Troll to Professor Nicodemus and had him transformed into Trollzilla (a fat guy in Troll's gear). Despite his immediate success, the treatment has already worn off and Troll is back to being the weakest wrestler in Chikara history.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

tony deppen owns

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/WrestlingSheet/status/1000057300286140416

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Wasn't Hydra one of the weaker characters in Chikara at one point?

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Ha! Neat.

TV Zombie posted:

Wasn't Hydra one of the weaker characters in Chikara at one point?

Hydra was a comedy jobber, but his deal has always been that he was a semi-capable lightweight wrestler with a lot of heart who believed himself to be Brock Lesnar and failed because of that. Troll is treated as straight-up bottom of the barrel with no upside. He'd get squashed by someone like Hydra.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Here are the results. Leonard F. Chikarason made his return to do commentary for the whole show.

- Tony Deppen defeated Hype Rockwell. Straightforward match with Deppen's win coming a bit out of nowhere to the point that the commentators were in the middle of talking when it happened. Afterwards, Deppen said something on Twitter complimenting Icarus and suggesting he's his mentor.

- Volgar defeated Officer Warren Barksdale. It was pretty one-sided, as expected.

- Fire Ant defeated Green Ant. Fire seemed happy to see Worker there, but completely tore into Green. Green still held his own at times and even kicked out of the Beach Breaker, causing Fire to hit two more in a row. Afterwards, the commentators made it sound like Fire gained some respect for the rookie. As Green Ant was helped to the back, Cam Zagami appeared with the Young Lions Cup to taunt him. Ever since winning it, Cam has claimed that he'd never defend it in Chikara and only in Beyond. Tomorrow he's facing Green Ant.

- Beast Warriors defeated the Closers. Before the match, Crummels and DeFarge showed up to demand a title match because they have three points. The Closers paid them to lay off for the night, but were real dicks about it, so Crummels and DeFarge jumped them. The Beast Warriors arrived and had little trouble with the hurt Closers until Kobald showed up and threw an onion at Oleg. Oleg chased him, allowing Hallowicked and Frightmare to attack Boar. Oleg came back and with both teams on equal footing now, the Beast Warriors still won and got their third point.

- Oceana, Merlok and Hermit Crab defeated Razerhawk, Danjerhawk and Icarus. Danjerhawk was taken out of the match from being thrown out of the ring and into Merlok's knee. Razerhawk fought off the three opponents and went for the hot tag, only for Icarus to walk away at the last second. Merlok destroyed the abandoned Razerhawk. After the match, the Creatures of the Deep cut a promo about how unstoppable they are as a team.

- Lucas Calhoun and Jeremy Leary defeated Frantik and Callux. The brothers hid out and waited for the heels to show up so they could ambush them. A very lengthy brawl went on around the arena until they finally got into the ring and the match started. After Calhoun and Leary won, Volgar ran out and attacked. The numbers game was too much and the Proteus Wheel left Calhoun and Leary lying in a heap.

- Solo Darling, Thief Ant, Travis Huckabee, Dasher Hatfield and Mr. Touchdown defeated Whisper, Rory Gulak, Cajun Crawdad, Hallowicked and Frightmare. It turned out to be an elimination tag match, but the action went on for a long while until any eliminations happened. Once it started, it was rapid fire with eliminations going one after another. They played up a rivalry between Huckabee and Gulak and Gulak ended up winning their showdown. Immediately after, Solo eliminated Gulak. Seeing this happen broke Huckabee, who attacked the defenseless Gulak as Bryce screamed at him to stop. Huckabee let Gulak go and smacked Solo to the mat. Icarus and Tony Deppen appeared at the ramp and offered Huckabee a spot with them. The three left together, Touchdown finished off Hallowicked and the two survivors ended up being Touchdown and Solo. Solo came off as catatonic after what Huckabee did to her.

- Juan Francisco defeated Mike Quackenbush. At one point, Quack referenced the Cesaro video by doing the Neutralizer complete with self-neck snap and the piston arm taunt. In the end, Quack went for Quackendriver 2, his back went out and JFDC reversed it into the Coronado Clutch. Quack passed out.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Is JFDC even any good? I kinda get the feeling that this is like if ROH decided to push Dalton as an unstoppable heel. Matter of fact, didn't they tag together when Dalton was in Chikara?

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Is JFDC even any good? I kinda get the feeling that this is like if ROH decided to push Dalton as an unstoppable heel. Matter of fact, didn't they tag together when Dalton was in Chikara?

To the contrary, they were feuding in Chikara for a couple of months, with Castle winning the feud.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Germansimp posted:

To the contrary, they were feuding in Chikara for a couple of months, with Castle winning the feud.

Ah. Knew they interacted somehow.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

hydra was the only good chikara wrestler.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

SamuraiFoochs posted:

its del rio if del rio didn't have the charisma

so modern day del rio

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
I've seen JFDC put on good matches before. I saw him wrestle Zack Sabre Jr and it was awesome. It definitely wasn't Zack carrying him either, he was solid

EDIT: That being said, this long title reign has felt odd to me. Really thought Dasher was gonna get it at the last finale

Dangerous Person fucked around with this message at 01:07 on May 28, 2018

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
Cam Zagami retained the Young Lions cup today after he nailed Green Ant with the cup while the ref was distracted.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

SamuraiFoochs posted:

KungFu Grip posted:

its del rio if del rio didn't have the charisma

so modern day del rio

I see him as if early 90's WWF decided to give the Mountie a world title run and had him go over Hogan, Savage, Piper, Sid, etc. with no signs of stopping other than the vague idea that he's going to put over Bret Hart sometime in the next year. But to answer Foochs' question, he's good in the ring, but just doesn't feel like he works as the top heel. He's an overpushed midcard act who has long passed his expiration date.

At least when Eddie Kingston was champ for too long it was partially because things fell through for plans to drop it to Tim Donst and Sara Del Rey.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
JFDC is probably the biggest success story from CHIKARA's Wrestling Is _____ shows. He is a good wrestler, but I feel like he's been pushed too long at this point. Hopefully Dasher finally gets a title run soon. If anyone deserves a run with that belt, its him.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
JFDC is a genius at heel heat but half of his heat comes from being a weak coward. A dominant year plus title run kills off that element of his character.

I will always recall fondly the time he couldn't get a word of his promo out because everyone kept booing him, so eventually he cut the promo from behind the curtain with only the flag sticking out

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Current King of Trios roster:

- The New Republic (Princess KimberLee, El Hijo del Ice Cream and Ice Cream, Jr.)
- The Nexus Alliance (PJ Black, Michael Tarver and Fred Rosser)
- The Ohnaka Gang (Rey Bucanero, Pierre Carl Ouellet and Katie Lea Burchill )
- The Regime (Juan Francisco de Coronado, Rick Roland and Sloan Caprice)
- The Shimmer Collective (Madison Eagles, Shazza McKenzie and Jessica Troy)
- The Tokyo Joshi Freedom Fighters (Miyu Yamashita, Yuka Sakazaki and Shoko Nakajima)

In terms of who's left, here are the likely trios:

- The Rockabilly Super Soldiers ("Juke Joint" Lucas Calhoun, Jeremy Leary and Blanche Babish)
- The Nouveau Aesthetic (Blank, Still Life with Apricots and Pears and Ursa Minor in the Night Sky)
- The Proteus Wheel (Callux the Castigator, Volgar and Frantik)
- Xyberhawx 2000 (Sylverhawk, Danjerhawk and Nytehawk)
- The New Colony (Fire Ant, Green Ant and Thief Ant)
- House of Rot (Hallowicked, Frightmare and Kobald)
- Creatures of the Deep (Oceanea, Merlok and Hermit Crab)
- Team Icarus (Icarus, Travis Huckabee and Tony Deppen)

I guess maybe throw Solo Darling in with the Throwbacks too.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Dangerous Person posted:

EDIT: That being said, this long title reign has felt odd to me. Really thought Dasher was gonna get it at the last finale

WWE stealing Chikara booking with Brock retaining when it makes no sense. No real storyline reason for him to still be champion, is there?

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Wazzu posted:

WWE stealing Chikara booking with Brock retaining when it makes no sense. No real storyline reason for him to still be champion, is there?

I am beginning to suspect JFDC is a secret money mark and is holding up Chikara financially in exchange for the title

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

did Volgar really beat up a dog or is there something I'm missing here?

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Wazzu posted:

I mean, there is a storyline, but it isn't all that good.

- JFDC wins the title off a guy who is retiring.
- JFDC successfully defends it through the season against a bunch of faces who have been around the company for years. Sometimes clean and sometimes through cheating.
- Dasher Hatfield earns a title shot via some big wins like Moose and then-unbeatable Merlok.
- Dasher gets his big end-of-season main event title shot that he should by all means win. Instead, he loses due to cheating.
- JFDC continues going over older Chikara names while Dasher regularly calls him out on commentary for being a cheater.
- JFDC calls out Dasher for being a hypocrite because he too has "cheated."

Presumably, Dasher will dethrone him eventually. So it actually is similar to Brock/Roman II, especially in the sense that the challenger should have won the first time around.

coconono posted:

did Volgar really beat up a dog or is there something I'm missing here?

Barksdale walked the dog to the ring and the moment he let go of the leash, the dog went running to the back. The commentators framed this as the dog seeing Volgar and cheesing it.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Barksdale isn't a dog, got it.

If I was a dog, I'd run from wrestling rings too. Very scary sounding!

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

coconono posted:

Barksdale isn't a dog, got it.

If I was a dog, I'd run from wrestling rings too. Very scary sounding!

yeah honestly I feel bad for the dog because he always seems really freaked out when they bring him out

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Mel Mudkiper posted:

yeah honestly I feel bad for the dog because he always seems really freaked out when they bring him out

its real fuckin loud and there's people bein loud but you can't bark at them because you were told not to, very sfresstul.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004

Mel Mudkiper posted:

When Solo has him around the merch tables, he's the most calm and nice dog though. He's really well trained it seems. Maybe the lights are what scares him.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Proteus Wheel confirmed for Trios. Nine more teams to go.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
I hope we get an out of nowhere team of Team GCW with Janela, Gage and Riddle

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

KungFu Grip posted:

I hope we get an out of nowhere team of Team GCW with Janela, Gage and Riddle

As cool as it would be, no way do they let Nick Gage anywhere near a Chikara ring. If there were a GCW team it'd be more likely to be like, Ellsworth, Deppen, and Janela.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

DM Punk posted:

When Solo has him around the merch tables, he's the most calm and nice dog though. He's really well trained it seems. Maybe the lights are what scares him.

https://twitter.com/Toffile/status/1000937705138769922

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
https://twitter.com/CHIKARApro/status/1004875720471072768

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007
Son Of Northern Frostbitten Wintermoon

So who's calculating the odds for Quack having an aneurysm due to Hart going loud

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Didn't get a chance to check out the Johnny Kidd Invitational today (was busy watching that movie about Batista being a violent orderly), but apparently Travis Huckabee defeated Colt Cabana in the finals. I read something that they also hinted at Hype Rockwell joining the Beast Warriors for a possible KOT team. Makes sense since they all have had problems with Blank.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

why? The only way GCW managed to keep Teddy on task was because of Nick Gage's motivational speaking skills.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

coconono posted:

why? The only way GCW managed to keep Teddy on task was because of Nick Gage's motivational speaking skills.

I think he has a lot to add to a locker room about why clean living is vital.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
new KOT team:

https://twitter.com/CHIKARApro/status/1006355436499595264

Aja Perera does a alien gimmick, so I bet Quack will make her the new Saturyne.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Team #9!

https://twitter.com/CHIKARApro/status/1008892243565047808

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

No Wat Tambor, no buys

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

There's a show on Saturday called Go Eat Worms. Here are the announced matches:

- Dasher Hatfield vs. Fire Ant

- Mr. Touchdown vs. Matt Riddle

- Xyberhawx2000 vs. Icarus and Travis Huckabee

- Lucas Calhoun, Jeremy Leary and "79" vs. the Legion of Rot

- Solo Darling vs. Blanche Babish

- Hype Rockwell vs. Blank

"79" is supposed to be a mystery partner who is another rockabilly super soldier experiment like Calhoun and Leary.

Also, a Spanish wrestler named A-Kid will be making his American debut in the Rey de Voladores tournament at King of Trios.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Results from Go Eat Worms:

- Blank vs. Hype Rockwell became a six-man tag after Blank's henchmen got involved and Oleg and Boar made the save. The Hyper Beast Warriors won with Hype about to do the Hyper Wheel to Ursa Minor in the Night Sky, Blank attacked him from behind, Hype no-sold it, Blank quietly left the ring and walked out of the arena and Hype completed the Hyper Wheel.

- Callux the Castigator destroyed a jobber.

- Icarus and Travis Huckabee defeated the Xyberhawx2000. Now that he's a heel again, Icarus has stopped wearing a shirt and is letting his back tattoo breathe.

- Matt Riddle made Mr. Touchdown tap out to the Calf Crusher.

- Solo Darling defeated Blanche Babish.

- Lucas Calhoun, Jeremy Leary and "79" defeated the Legion of Rot. 79 ended up being a debuting Brett Michael David, a wrestler from the Canadian indies.

- Dasher Hatfield defeated Fire Ant after three Grand Slams. Fire Ant was acting somewhat heelish and refused to shake hands before the match. After the match, Icarus stood on the apron to sarcastically applaud him. On the website, he wrote a blog asking Fire Ant to join him because for once the invading force threatening to destroy Chikara is the soft and weak new wave of graduates. Fire Ant stormed off to the backstage area, ignoring Icarus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
I was at this show. Riddle vs Touchdown was really good. I also liked Icarus/Huckabee vs Xyberhawx2000 a lot

EDIT: I forgot, Matt Riddle yelled "COME ON YOU PUSSY" during his match so hopefully Quack didn't get mad enough that he doesn't book him anymore

Dangerous Person fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Jun 23, 2018