Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
gonna go to my first chikara show ever today, MDK

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Gage is gonna re-retire Ultramantis

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
Who cares about Nick Gage. Missile Assault Man blew up a whole busload of kids once. He's the real MDK.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Nick Gage brings a pair of scissors into a CHIKARA match and promptly uses them to cut the tail off a boar.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Ryan Galeone seems good but I feel like i've heard that name before yet at the same time have zero memory of him

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Results of 7 Man Army:

- Ophidian defeated Tony Deppen with a bridging backslide. Ophidian now has three points and will challenge for the title at the season finale.

- Axel Ford and Lucas Calhoun defeated Hermit Crab and Cajun Crawdad. Afterwards, Oceanea appeared on the video screen to tell her henchmen that there would be consequences for their failures.

- Travis Huckabee defeated Razerhawk with a piledriver. Had a cool spot at the end where he mixed a stretch muffler with the Blu-Ray.

- The Colony defeated Proteus Wheel when they did the Ant Hill on Frantik. A lot like their KoT match where the heels were dominant and worked them over one at a time, but the ants were resilient enough to hang on.

- Chris Dickinson won the Cibernetico for Team Beyond, pinning Dasher in the end with his corner powerbomb. Chikara put Beyond over pretty big to the point that it took four guys to take down Brian Milonas, Nick Gage got taken out by a low blow followed by Hallowicked's protected finisher Never Wake Up and Dickinson won cleanly.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
I yelled at Nick Gage after he cut off Boar's tail and he winked at me. Now I can say Nick Gage winked at me once

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
FWIW, Deppen and Huckabee were great as a team in Beyond's show tonight too. At the end of Beyond, Hallowicked challenged Tracy Williams for the Powerbomb.tv title with some dumb mystical bullshit that would make the Wyatts blush, but he also purposefully opened a bandaged cut on Tracy's head, which is weird just for seeing Chikara talent and blood in the same ring

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Sorry to break kayfabe but Tracy Williams was the original Green Ant in Chikara who had a lot of experience with Hallowicked and is a pretty drat good technical wrestler.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

RealFoxy posted:

Sorry to break kayfabe but Tracy Williams was the original Green Ant in Chikara who had a lot of experience with Hallowicked and is a pretty drat good technical wrestler.

....I actually didn't know he was Green Ant. I know Drew Gulak was an Ant, and I think tHURTeen (one of theceorst wrestling name's ever) was Fire Ant?

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

El Gallinero Gros posted:

....I actually didn't know he was Green Ant. I know Drew Gulak was an Ant, and I think tHURTeen (one of theceorst wrestling name's ever) was Fire Ant?

Fire Ant is Orange Cassidy. Gulak was Soldier Ant.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/KVR216/status/1066449936290582528

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Fire Ant is Orange Cassidy.
Whoa.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I thought Tracy Williams was -----17-----? Who I assume MUST be someone else too.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

I saw Ophidian with the original snake mask and was wondering if it was for any particular reason.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Fire Ant is Orange Cassidy
lol, who worked you there?

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Chikara is now on Amazon Prime in the UK. Sure, why not!

hyper from Pixie Sticks
Sep 28, 2004

Gavok posted:

Chikara is now on Amazon Prime in the UK. Sure, why not!

Well now. Up to date, or more historical stuff?

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

hyper from Pixie Sticks posted:

Well now. Up to date, or more historical stuff?

I only noticed people posting images of stuff from 2011, but the main image was from 2015 so I don't know.

Anyway, the season finale is this Saturday. Hopefully it'll be up by Sunday because I'm going to be enjoying an advanced screening of a certain Miles Morales Spider-Man movie. Here are the matches:

- Dasher Hatfield vs. Ophidian for the Grand Championship: With Mr. Touchdown on the sidelines, Dasher continues to defend the title for him. While this comes off as a basic battle between two top Chikara guys who have been around a while and little else, there's a feeling that something big is going to come out of this match. Ophidian has earned title shots before, only to fail. He's aware that he needs to change things up if he intends to succeed.

- The Closers vs. Kimber Lee and the Whisper for the tag titles: Back during the secret seventeenth season, the Whisper made his debut as a mysterious entity who knows the secrets of various wrestlers. He kept forcing Kimber Lee to do his bidding unless she wanted her greatest secret revealed (insert social media joke here). In the end, she just quit Chikara. One firing from WWE later and she was back. The two ended up as a team in Chikara's Lethal Lottery tournament and won the whole thing, gathering three points in one night. Now they're up against the Closers, who easily won the tag titles in the beginning of the season.

- Solo Darling vs. Travis Huckabee: Originally, Huckabee was a referee who became a wrestler after continuing to stand up for Solo Darling. They became a tag team and while the Rumblebees did win the tag titles, they also have the shortest reign in history due to a Los Ice Creams cash-in. They started losing a lot after that and Huckabee ended the team. Their paths crossed in various matches and eventually, Huckabee snapped due to the fear that Darling was going to surpass him post-breakup. This includes the Lethal Lottery tournament, where Darling's team won, only for Huckabee to piledrive her after the match so badly that she had to forfeit the next round. Now the two finally get their big blow-off match.

- Fire Ant, Thief Ant, Razerhawk and Danjerhawk vs. The Creatures of the Deep: Both sides bring with them an angle based on losing streaks. Razerhawk hasn't been doing so hot lately and it's really starting to hit his confidence hard. Similarly, Oceanea has been super pissed at Cajun Crawdad and Hermit Crab for their constant failures and recently warned them not to let her down again.

- Boomer Hatfield vs. Hallowicked: At the Cibernatico match against Team Beyond, Hallowicked was right behind Boomer in the Chikara team's batting order. That meant that Boomer had to tag Hallowicked. Hallowicked gave Boomer a rather hard time with that and often refused to tag, allowing Boomer to get the beating Hallowicked felt was deserved.

- Axel Ford, Lucas Calhoun and Missile Assault Man vs. Proteus Wheel: This one would take too long to explain, so the short version: Professor Nicodemus is a mad scientist who creates mindless monsters that eventually get sent to pasture in the form of rockabilly brawlers. Nicodemus is also involved in the past of Missile Assault Man, who believed his real name to be Axel Ford, only it turns out Axel Ford is a totally different guy. Now Calhoun and the two Axel Fords are banding together to take down Nicodemus' latest batch of monsters.

Shorter version: Quack is back on his bullshit.

- Penelope Ford vs. Blank: Penelope Ford has had like one match with the company. Blank is an aimless midcard comedy heel. There's no story in this one.

- Green Ant vs. Juan Francisco de Coronado: Green Ant is one of this year's King of Trios and is coming off a win in the feud against the Proteus Wheel. Juan Francisco was Grand Champion, but lost direction upon dropping the title. Now they're having a match because why not.

- Icarus/Tony Deppen vs. Los Ice Creams vs. Crummels/Defarge vs. Leary/Babish: Throwaway four-corners elimination tag match. These always tend to be pretty fun.

Dlowmx
Feb 5, 2007
Eh

KungFu Grip posted:

Ryan Galeone seems good but I feel like i've heard that name before yet at the same time have zero memory of him

He also wrestles under the name Ryan Rush. He's very active on the Northeast scene.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

If you live in the UK or Canada, every event from 2011-2014 CHIKARA are up on Amazon Prime Video :toot:

reality_groove
Dec 27, 2007

Any recommendations from those? A few Chikaras would be good Christmas viewing.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

reality_groove posted:

Any recommendations from those? A few Chikaras would be good Christmas viewing.

Usually the King of Trios is the best bet

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

High Noon from the end of 2011 was their first iPPV and maybe their most solid show.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I want KOT to book a team of Marko Stunt, Jordynne Grace, and Brian Cage. Team Positive Body Image.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

The finale was pretty uneventful outside of the last two matches:

- Juan Francisco defeated Green Ant by making him tap to the Coronado Clutch.

- Crummels and Defarge defeated Icarus and Deppen, Leary and Babish and Los Ice Creams in a four corners tag match to earn their third point towards title contention.

- Blank defeated Penelope Ford by countering a handspring stunner with a punch to the back of the head. After the match, he moved her hands over her face and had Still Life take a photo of his latest piece of art.

- Lucas Calhoun, Axel Ford and Missile Assault Man defeated the Proteus Wheel in a 3-on-4 street fight. Professor Nicodemus was part of the match and when initially cornered, he broke out some mace. In the end, the faces took out all three Proteus guys with outside dives, leaving them to take out Nicodemus and get the pin.

- Hallowicked defeated Boomer Hatfield with three top-rope snapmares in a row.

- The Creatures of the Deep defeated Razerhawk, Danjerhawk, Fire Ant and Thief Ant with a Tidal Wave onto Razerhawk.

- Solo Darling defeated Travis Huckabee. The ending seemed to be aping Gargano/Ciampa by having Huckabee apologize for his actions, try and backstab Solo, then getting put in his own submission and tapping out.

- Kimber Lee and Whisper defeated the Closers to become the new tag champs. At the end of the match, Kimber Lee German suplexed Whipser and unknowingly threw him on top of Rick Rolland for the pin.

- Dasher Hatfield defeated Ophidian by bouncing up from an Egyptian Destroyer, landing a spinning elbow and collapsing onto him for the pin. After the match, Boomer and Mr. Touchdown appeared to cheer him on. Touchdown announced that as of Monday, he will be officially cleared to wrestle again. Dasher refused to hand back the title belt and instead clotheslined Touchdown. Boomer went to check on Touchdown, but Dasher walked off with the title and yelled at Boomer to follow.

So heel Dasher is a thing now.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Gavok posted:

- Crummels and Defarge defeated Icarus and Deppen, Leary and Babish and Los Ice Creams in a four corners tag match to earn their third point towards title contention.

- Blank defeated Penelope Ford by countering a handspring stunner with a punch to the back of the head. After the match, he moved her hands over her face and had Still Life take a photo of his latest piece of art.

- Lucas Calhoun, Axel Ford and Missile Assault Man defeated the Proteus Wheel in a 3-on-4 street fight. Professor Nicodemus was part of the match and when initially cornered, he broke out some mace. In the end, the faces took out all three Proteus guys with outside dives, leaving them to take out Nicodemus and get the pin.

- The Creatures of the Deep defeated Razerhawk, Danjerhawk, Fire Ant and Thief Ant with a Tidal Wave onto Razerhawk.

- Solo Darling defeated Travis Huckabee. The ending seemed to be aping Gargano/Ciampa by having Huckabee apologize for his actions, try and backstab Solo, then getting put in his own submission and tapping out.

- Kimber Lee and Whisper defeated the Closers to become the new tag champs. At the end of the match, Kimber Lee German suplexed Whipser and unknowingly threw him on top of Rick Rolland for the pin.

- Dasher Hatfield defeated Ophidian by bouncing up from an Egyptian Destroyer, landing a spinning elbow and collapsing onto him for the pin. After the match, Boomer and Mr. Touchdown appeared to cheer him on. Touchdown announced that as of Monday, he will be officially cleared to wrestle again. Dasher refused to hand back the title belt and instead clotheslined Touchdown. Boomer went to check on Touchdown, but Dasher walked off with the title and yelled at Boomer to follow.

He better twirl that mustache a whole drat lot

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Gavok posted:

And he has 3 points minimum, right? Regardless of 'importance' I hope it was a fun show, it sounds like it was.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Chikara announced that they're no longer doing physical media and right now they're doing a big sale on their DVDs and blu rays.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Gavok posted:

Chikara announced that they're no longer doing physical media and right now they're doing a big sale on their DVDs and blu rays.

Considering the cost of it for them, that might be smart. Although its possibly a bad sign for their financial situation.

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 13:11 on Dec 24, 2018

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004

Gavok posted:

They've been selling Buy 1 Get 2 DVD's for half of this year at shows. You can tell they are just trying to move out stock.

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
Quack will sell CHIKARA and the secrets of the CHIKARA special to McMahon.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
I'm not surprised that they're stopping DVDs. Every time I looked at the table of them on sale at the Wrestle Factory I would think about getting something for half a second before remembering I could just put down the money for Chikaratopia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Is there anything worth getting from the past year or so?