Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Gavok posted:

Results from Go Eat Worms:

- Blank vs. Hype Rockwell became a six-man tag after Blank's henchmen got involved and Oleg and Boar made the save. The Hyper Beast Warriors won with Hype about to do the Hyper Wheel to Ursa Minor in the Night Sky, Blank attacked him from behind, Hype no-sold it, Blank quietly left the ring and walked out of the arena and Hype completed the Hyper Wheel.

- Callux the Castigator destroyed a jobber.

- Icarus and Travis Huckabee defeated the Xyberhawx2000. Now that he's a heel again, Icarus has stopped wearing a shirt and is letting his back tattoo breathe.

- Matt Riddle made Mr. Touchdown tap out to the Calf Crusher.

- Solo Darling defeated Blanche Babish.

- Lucas Calhoun, Jeremy Leary and "79" defeated the Legion of Rot. 79 ended up being a debuting Brett Michael David, a wrestler from the Canadian indies.

- Dasher Hatfield defeated Fire Ant after three Grand Slams. Fire Ant was acting somewhat heelish and refused to shake hands before the match. After the match, Icarus stood on the apron to sarcastically applaud him. On the website, he wrote a blog asking Fire Ant to join him because for once the invading force threatening to destroy Chikara is the soft and weak new wave of graduates. Fire Ant stormed off to the backstage area, ignoring Icarus.

Please tell me that after more than a decade, Icarus' terrible tattoo is still somehow unfinished :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Wazzu posted:

Please tell me that after more than a decade, Icarus' terrible tattoo is still somehow unfinished :allears:

I didn't want to look directly into it.

Meanwhile...

https://twitter.com/CHIKARApro/status/1011444004506996736

Hell yeah, Thunderfrog! I've missed him!

Six more teams left.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
The dual Beyond/CHIKARA show in July is going to be pretty sweet.

- Dasher vs. Chris Dickinson
- JDFC vs. Gresham
- Touchdown vs. Hot Sauce Tracy Williams
- Solo Darling vs. Deonna Purazzo
- Crummels/Defarge vs. EYFBO

All of those are primed to be good/great. *Points Are On The Line* so don't be surprised if you see some folks on future CHIKARA shows. I'm personally looking forward to the Dirt Boys (Crummels/Defarge) getting a wider audience. They're young but I really like what they do.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

New blog post up by Thief Ant where he asks Worker Ant to join he and Green Ant against Icarus' faction, which may or may not include Fire Ant. Guessing that Worker Ant (who hasn't wrestled in about a year and a half) will get taken out by Icarus, Fire Ant will snap and will ultimately join Thief and Green for Trios.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Team #11

https://twitter.com/CHIKARApro/status/1013980738126008320

I suppose Oceanea is doing Rey de Voladores.

My guesses for the final five teams:

- Lucas Calhoun, Jeremy Leary and either Brett Michael David or Blanche Babish
- Icarus, Tony Deppen and Travis Huckabee
- Fire Ant, Green Ant and Thief Ant
- Hype Rockwell, Proletariat Boar and Oleg the Usurper
- Hallowicked, Frightmare and Kobald

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
They were supposed to establish Oceanea, Merlok and Crab for Trios at Go Eat Worms, but Oceanea decided to go to the ROH camp instead.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Icarus/Huckabee/Deppen confirmed for Trios as "The FIST Order."

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z51FH9Y8sZc

totally popped

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Team #13 is Fire Ant, Thief Ant and Green Ant.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Fire Ant?

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Yeah. At the last event (the Chikara vs. Beyond show), they did Worker Ant, Green Ant, Thief Ant and Razerhawk vs. Icarus, Deppen, Huckabee and Fire Ant. After the match, Icarus was going to Pedigree Worker on the concrete, but Fire Ant helped Green and Thief clear the ring. Then he left instead of celebrate with them.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
https://twitter.com/Kobald6/status/1019063671111200770/photo/1

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

The creature and the dragon reappear from under the ring five shows later in a completely different city.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

I cannot tell if this is positive or negative

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Chikara has a dog, but I don't think he's trained enough to count on the mat

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

The ref doesn't speak dog, so even if he could.....

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Trio #14 announced as the Ancient Order of the Nation: Mick Moretti, Jack Bonza and Adam Hoffman

That leaves two more spots. Hyper Beast Warriors seems like a lock, but I don't know if the other spot will go to Lucas Calhoun's team or Legion of Rot. If the latter isn't in the lineup, this will be the first year without Hallowicked in the tournament.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
I don't see any way the Flying Volgars take the spot over Legion of Rot, but as always, they're tied to Hallowicked's interest level.

Also, look for a Trios team to get a makeover this Saturday.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

There's a video up of Dasher Hatfield with his son (also in a baseball mask) who is about to turn 18. Apparently his birthday present will be the two of them doing a tag match at some point in the near future.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Gavok posted:

There's a video up of Dasher Hatfield with his son (also in a baseball mask) who is about to turn 18. Apparently his birthday present will be the two of them doing a tag match at some point in the near future.

either dasher knocked up a girl at 13 or he ages like a god

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Mel Mudkiper posted:

either dasher knocked up a girl at 13 or he ages like a god

A surprising number of Chikara people are super old. But more like https://twitter.com/BoomerHatfield is just a storyline son, for wacky adventure times.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Cory Lidle posted:

Also, look for a Trios team to get a makeover this Saturday.

YYYYUP.

Results from today's show:

- Blanche Babish made Whisper tap to the Soda Jerk.

- Beast Warriors and Crummels/Defarge vs. Closers and Legion of Rot went to a no contest. During their entrance, Crummels and Defarge were attacked by the Closers and laid out while the Beast Warriors ran out. Beast Warriors had to fight 2-on-4 and did really well with Crummels and Defarge returning for the hot tag. Then they cornered the Closers and pulled out the money the Closers paid them off with from months back. Crummels and Defarge turned on the Beast Warriors and took part in a 6-on-2 beatdown. After the heels left, Boar got up and declared that this means war.

- Mr. Touchdown defeated David Starr to gain his third point.

- The Proteus Wheel defeated Calhoun/Leary/BMD. They slaughtered them one-by-one, ending with a series of triple powerbombs on BMD before finally pinning him.

- Razerhawk defeated Icarus. Icarus spent the match acting lazy, like Razerhawk was below his attention. He grew gradually annoyed when Razerhawk would barely kick out of his finishers. Finally, Icarus lazily draped his back over Razerhawk in the center of the ring for a pin, only for Razerhawk to twist over for a crucifix pin. After the match, Razerhawk got in Icarus' face and ate a Pedigree.

- Kimber Lee, Los Ice Creams and Kikutaro defeated Travis Huckabee, Merlok, Hermit Crab and Cajun Crawdad after Kikutaro linked up Huckabee, Crab and Crawdad into a triple dragon screw, then hit a Shining Wizard on Huckabee. After the match, Kimber Lee announced that she'll be in Japan for Stardom during King of Trios, so Kikutaro will be taking her spot as team captain.

- Juan Francisco de Coronado retained the Grand Championship by making Solo Darling pass out to the Coronado Clutch. The basic story of the match was that each wrestler suffered major damage to their legs, which made them more susceptible to the other's submission, but made it hard to pull off their own for too long.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
That Mr Touchdownn vs David Starr match was REALLY good. I don't know why Mr TD isn't getting booked all over, cause he is so good.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

DM Punk posted:

That Mr Touchdownn vs David Starr match was REALLY good. I don't know why Mr TD isn't getting booked all over, cause he is so good.

Hmmm, might have to give this a watch. Starr's one of those big indie names I'm cold about, so it stands out when I hear one of his matches is worthwhile

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
I was at the show today, Starr vs Touchdown did own. David Starr is really good. The last time I saw him at the Wrestle Factory was for that Beyond show where he had a hell of a match with Matt Riddle

I also got to watch Kikutaro struggle to find an XL shirt and apologize to me when he didn't have one

Dangerous Person fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Jul 29, 2018

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

DM Punk posted:

I think TD just does it as a hobby, almost all of his matches outside of Chikara he's either teaming with Dasher or just working with other Chikara regulars.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

A Beyond-based team has been announced: Brian Milonas, Cam Zagami, Chris Dickenson

So the roster so far:

Ancient Order of the Nations (Mick Moretti, Jack Bonza, and Adam Hoffman)
Dark Lords of the Proteus (Volgar, Callux, and Frantik)
The F.I.S.T. Order (Icarus, Travis Huckabee, and Tony Deppen)
Galactic Wildlife Commission (ThunderFrog, Air Wolf, and Wildcat)
The New Republic (El Hijo del Ice Cream, Ice Cream, Jr, and Kikutaro)
The Nexus Alliance (PJ Black, Michael Tarver, and Fred Rosser)
The Ohnaka Gang (Rey Bucanero, Pierre Carl Ouellet, and Katarina Leigh )
Raiders of the Beyond (Chris Dickinson, Cam Zagami, and Brian Milonas)
The Regime (Juan Francisco de Coronado, Rick Roland, and Sloan Caprice)
The ResistANTce (Fire Ant, Green Ant, and Thief Ant)
The Shimmer Collective (Madison Eagles, Shazza McKenzie, and Jessica Troy)
Sisters of the Mighty (Solo Darling, Molly Holly, and Aja Perera)
Society of the Deep (Merlok, Hermit Crab, and Cajun Crawdad)
Tokyo Joshi Freedom Fighters (Miyu Yamashita, Yuka Sakazaki, and Shoko Nakajima)
Xyberhawx Techno Union (Razerhawk, Nytehawk, and Danjerhawk)

One more to go.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Kikutaro and the Ice Creams are an upgrade and i hope they have a good comedy team to play off of

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

syzpid posted:

I think TD just does it as a hobby, almost all of his matches outside of Chikara he's either teaming with Dasher or just working with other Chikara regulars.

That's a shame, because unlike a lot of the other Chikara regulars, TD could probably have good matches with people outside of Chikara.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

CombineThresher posted:

That's a shame, because unlike a lot of the other Chikara regulars, TD could probably have good matches with people outside of Chikara.

Hallowicked, Frightmare, Dasher Hatfield and pre-injury Ultramantis would also probably qualify for this, but not many others.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Whats up with Whisper? Just realized I havent heard from him for awhile

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Mel Mudkiper posted:

he was in the match at Beyond's Americanrana and did quite well for himself. Very pretty young man.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Hallowicked, Frightmare, Dasher Hatfield and pre-injury Ultramantis would also probably qualify for this, but not many others.

And Eddie Kingston, don't forget. Hallowicked's gimmick really falls flat outside of Chikara, and while Ultramantis was always a little awkward in the ring, he was such a good worker otherwise that his matches were always fun.

edit: oh, and Tim Donst.

Really, Quack should get back on his OCD meds and start letting his students work people besides each other again so they'll get better.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

CombineThresher posted:

And Eddie Kingston, don't forget. Hallowicked's gimmick really falls flat outside of Chikara, and while Ultramantis was always a little awkward in the ring, he was such a good worker otherwise that his matches were always fun.

Really, Quack should get back on his OCD meds and start letting his students work people besides each other again so they'll get better.

I'm mainly talking about people who stayed in CHIKARA, UMB and Hallowicked only occasionally took other bookings elsewhere; Quack didn't have the balls to tell Kingston when he could and couldn't work, and Donst left Chikara before he really did antyhing elsewhere.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

CombineThresher posted:

AFAIK there's nothing stopping WF students from working other shows as long as they're available for Chikara dates. Quite a few have Real Life Commitments that make going full time indie wrestler not viable for them.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Mel Mudkiper posted:

They had this weird storyline where Whisper was frustrated that Troll was worthless and handed him off to be experimented on by Professor Nicodemus. Nicodemus gave him Trollzilla, which was a fat guy dressed in Troll's tights. Trollzilla wrestled one squash match and a show or two later, Troll was back to normal. Since then, Whisper hasn't had anything going on and lost the opener on Saturday to Blanche Babbish.

I figure they're just going to continue the Whisper/Kimber Lee angle from the secret season at some point.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
I guess the last KOT team is Dasher, Boomer, and Mr Touchdown

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

KungFu Grip posted:

So it is. Huh. Makes sense with the recent Dasher/Boomer video, but it's kind of weird how many ready-made trios didn't make the cut. Mainly the fact that this is the first Trios without Hallowicked in it and how the Hyper Beast Warriors turned out to be nothing but a blow-off to the Blank feud.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

KungFu Grip posted:

I feel like Dasher has had a really weird King of Trios career. Here's his teams

2017: TD & Simon Grimm
2016: Mustache Mountain
2015: TD & Icarus
2014: TD & Icarus
2012: TD & Colt
2011: Sugar Dunkerton & Colt
2010: Sugar & Colt

And how they've done.

2017: 2nd round to House Strong Style (Beat House Attack)
2016: 2nd round to HeXed Men (beat The Batiri)
2015: 1st round to Battleborn (Kevin Condron, Lucas Calhoun & Missile Assault)
2014: Finals to Dev Corp (beat LAX, Spirit Squad and The Flood)
2012: 1st Round to JWP
2011: 1st Round to Osaka Pro
2010: 1st Round to FIST

Personally I always liked the Dunkerton version of the Throwbacks. I'm really sad we never got to see Dasher, TD & Dunkerton as a trios. Also sad that the whole Sugar Dunkerton thing ended up being one of those eternal loose strings from the company.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

syzpid posted:

I feel like Dasher has had a really weird King of Trios career. Here's his teams

2012: TD & Colt
2011: Sugar Dunkerton & Colt
2010: Sugar & Colt

Excuse me, I think you mean Matt Classic.