Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
quack like just tweeted a photo outside a hospital so...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Yeah. After Barksdale got the pin, it showed Quack on the outside, clutching his wrist and being attended to. He apparently hurt it from that Doomsday Device to the outside. Barksdale and Solo were the only ones celebrating post-match and awkwardly so.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Gavok posted:

There was at least a story in there about the health of Dasher's shoulder, but... still, it was a tap-out to an abdominal stretch. What the hell.

So it wasn't like somehow logical within the story of the match? He didn't work over the abdominals for ages, not a variation where it looked like he was really stretching the poo poo out of him? Huh.

Gavok posted:

Yeah. After Barksdale got the pin, it showed Quack on the outside, clutching his wrist and being attended to. He apparently hurt it from that Doomsday Device to the outside. Barksdale and Solo were the only ones celebrating post-match and awkwardly so.

For a fun focussed promotion, Chikara sure does a bad job of it sometimes.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
I like my technico teams to have dance parties while one member is on the outside in extreme pain. This is a normal and well reasoned criticism.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Wazzu posted:

For a fun focussed promotion, Chikara sure does a bad job of it sometimes.

Quack's OCD gets in the way of the booking a lot these days, and having a promotion of green Wrestle Factory students with underdeveloped stage instincts doesn't help.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Wazzu posted:

So it wasn't like somehow logical within the story of the match? He didn't work over the abdominals for ages, not a variation where it looked like he was really stretching the poo poo out of him? Huh.

I don't remember if Dasher worked Huckabee's abs, though that really isn't a thing faces focus on in wrestling. The story was that Huckabee badly hurt Dasher's shoulder with commentary wondering if Dasher could hit any of his big moves. That, and Huckabee kept grabbing Dasher's tights here and there. So in the final moments, Dasher escaped a roll-up attempt by grabbing the back of Huckabee's tights (pissing off Juan) and transitioning it into the abdominal stretch. Because of his shoulder, he had to struggle to straighten himself up, but upon succeeding, he was stretching the hell out of Huckabee due to their size difference.

It's like that time Brock beat Hogan with a bear hug. The story being told is completely fine, but seeing someone win with a move that never, ever wins matches is just strange to see.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Gavok posted:

This post confused and intrigued me a lot until I went to Chikara's website and realized that Officer Barksdale isn't the dog.

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.

STAC Goat posted:

This post confused and intrigued me a lot until I went to Chikara's website and realized that Officer Barksdale isn't the dog.

He’s not?

gently caress.

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Quack's wrist had basically been broken for years and years. Some wrist bone is all messed up and it's stuck that way now.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Alastor_the_Stylish posted:

Quack's wrist had basically been broken for years and years. Some wrist bone is all messed up and it's stuck that way now.

Which would be bad enough except he has really serious back problems to the point that he needs a cane to walk

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
Yesterday was the elbow, not the wrist.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Which would be bad enough except he has really serious back problems to the point that he needs a cane to walk

I thought the cane was a work

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I thought the cane was a work

It might be but it's not like it's unheard of for people with back problems to need canes

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Results for Piano Lessons Can Be Murder:

- Show starts with the announcement that Razerhawk would not be there.

- Crummels and Defarge defeated the Hatfields with Boomer taking the fall after getting hit with Scarlet Fever.

- Ophidian defeated Frightmare by walking off the top rope and hitting an Egyptian Destroyer. They played up how evenly matched the two are and how they're basically career-length rivals.

- Calhoun/Leary/Babish vs. Proteus Wheel was immediately thrown out as a no contest. After the faces came to the ring, a guy ran in to talk to them. He said his name was Axel Ford and that Calhoun knew him. Suddenly, a guy in a hoodie dove into the ring and started pounding on Axel. He removed the hoodie to reveal himself as Missile Assault Man. The Proteus Wheel ran out to start brawling with the faces. Then the locker room emptied out to help get some order. Leary and Babish both tried to stop Missile, but he effortlessly elbowed them down. Then Calhoun stepped in and Missile seemed to recognize him. Volgar then hit Missile from behind with a chain. Shortly after, Proteus Wheel and Missile left the building while everyone was left confused.

Looking it up, sometime last year, Whisper stole a journal that appeared to belong to Missile and posted the pages online. The book was titled "The Journal of Axel Ford." So... yeah.

- They're supposed to have Razerhawk and Danjerhawk vs. Icarus and Tony Deppen, but due to Razerhawk being MIA, they picked names out of a hat. They eventually settled on Penelope Ford. Great moment was when Icarus started taking off his jacket and Penelope was into it. Then she saw the back tattoo and was horrified. End came with Deppen rolling Penelope up and grabbing the tights out of nowhere.

So two random appearances by people named Ford within an hour. Go figure.

- Juan Francisco defeated Cam Carter with the Coronado Clutch. Fantastic match.

- The Colony and Solo Darling defeated the Creatures of the Deep. Fun and lengthy eight-man tag. End came when Oceanea and Merlok set up the Tidal Wave on Solo, only for Solo to be dragged out of the ring, meaning Merlok got Yoshi Tonic'd into the mat. The Colony members each superkicked Oceanea, Thief and Green dove to the outside and Fire finished her off with the Beach Breaker.

- The Closers retained the tag titles against the Beast Warriors. First fall went to the Beast Warriors, as Caprice's knee was busted up and Boar made him tap to the figure four. Juan Francisco came out to coach them. Second fall came when Oleg lost his cool and shoved the referee when Boar was trying for a hot tag. Hype Rockwell walked out to even the odds. In the end, Juan slapped Hype and Oleg tried for a cannonball off the apron, which missed Juan and hit Hype. Oleg then grabbed Juan by the throat, all while Rick Rolland reversed the gore into an arm submission that made Boar tap. Afterwards, Oleg walked off in anger, leaving Boar alone in the ring.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
I think Penelope will start being around more, which is a major get for CHIKARA.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
I dig a roster with Oceanea, Solo, Penelope, and Blanche. I wish they could find a way to get Veda Scott on some shows though.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Gavok posted:

Great moment was when Icarus started taking off his jacket and Penelope was into it. Then she saw the back tattoo and was horrified.
:hmmyes: Icarus' back tatoo being horrible is canon.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Icarus did a run-in at my friend's wedding and his back tattoo was universally hated. It was fantastic.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

To further his heelness, since it's on his back Icarus never has to look at his tattoo.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

For backers of the crowdfunding campaign, the CHIKARA: Action Arcade Wrestling Video Game beta will be available from this Wednesday to Halloween. Yay, progress!

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Gavok posted:

For backers of the crowdfunding campaign, the CHIKARA: Action Arcade Wrestling Video Game beta will be available from this Wednesday to Halloween. Yay, progress!

I hesitate to ask.....

How many years of development? Trying to track their proposed, released, funded and abandoned video games has always been a challenge.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Wazzu posted:

I hesitate to ask.....

How many years of development? Trying to track their proposed, released, funded and abandoned video games has always been a challenge.

The campaign ended back in November 2016.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

The Steam trailer for this premiered Sept 2015
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezByzJjUDsY

Before that there was Rudo Resurrection

quote:

On April 25, 2010, Chikara announced the release of a video game, titled Rudo Resurrection, for multiple gaming platforms later in the year.[11] After not being heard of again for four years, it was announced on May 2, 2014, that a new developer, Rotary Games, had picked up the rights to the game.[12]
which failed its crowdfunding attempt

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

La Loterial Letal results:

- Lethal Lottery Quarterfinals: Princess Kimber Lee and Whisper defeated Hallowicked and Shazza McKenzie after Kimber Lee beat Shazza with the swanton. Upon the announcement that they're a team, Kimber Lee acted uncomfortable due to her mysterious history with Whisper. Hallowicked seemed open to his partnership with Shazza, but she was kind of scared of him.

- Lethal Lottery Quarterfinals: Jimmy Rave and Cam Zagami defeated Oleg the Usurper and Hype Rockwell in only a couple minutes. Oleg missed More Speed and hit Hype by accident. Cam rolled up Oleg, but Hype broke up the pin, picked up Oleg, laid him out with the Hyperdrive, then stormed off and let Cam get the pin.

- Lethal Lottery Quarterfinals: Solo Darling and Rory Gulak defeated Ophidian and Travis Huckabee when Rory hit Ophidian with a bridged German suplex, got pulled out of the ring by Huckabee and Solo dashed over to keep Ophidian folded for the pin. Afterwards, Huckabee sneak-attacked Solo and laid her out with a piledriver.

- Lethal Lottery Quarterfinals: Juan Francisco and Missile Assault Man defeated Blank and Ice Cream Jr. Blank referred to his partner as "Dairy Dessert" and didn't want to tag him in. While this made sense early on, he still refused to tag out late in the match and immediately lost to a reverse DDT from Missile. After the match, Ice Cream Jr. tried to help Blank up, but Blank angrily shoved him and blamed him for the loss.

- Danjerhawk retained the Young Lions Cup against Still Life with Apricots and Pears via a 450 splash.

- Lethal Lottery Semifinals: Kimber Lee and Whisper defeated Jimmy Rave and Cam Zagami when Rave tapped out to Whisper's Boston Crab.

- Lethal Lottery Semifinals: Juan Francisco and Missile Assault Man were awarded a bye due to Solo Darling's inability to compete.

- Green Ant defeated Volgar via disqualification after Volgar hit him with a chain. Thief Ant ran in afterwards and was immediately punched with the chain as well.

- Dasher Hatfield retained the Grand Championship against Sloan Caprice via a figure four variation where he put his arms in there and flexed them, making it impossible for Sloan to turn over and escape.

- Lethal Lottery Finals: Kimber Lee and Whisper defeated Juan Francisco and Missile Assault Man when Kimber Lee pinned Juan with the Alligator Clutch. After winning, Kimber Lee walked off and refused to celebrate with Whisper. The two of them will face the Closers for the tag titles at the season finale.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
The show was very fun even if I did sit near a bald dad and his kids wearing Shlak merch for the whole show. Made things a tad uncomfortable

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
https://twitter.com/IssitaMarie/status/1056938690981847040

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Daniels without a shirt for the first time in what...5 years?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

EugeneJ posted:

Daniels without a shirt for the first time in what...5 years?

He went shirtless at All In. They actually had a segment on BTE afterwards where Kaz and Scorpio razzed him about having a salad at In N' Out Burger and he made reference to how he finally got the body he wanted and that was how he was keeping it.

Daniels is one of those guys in the biz I genuinely admire. Great at his craft, respected by his peers seemingly universally, and does it because he wants to, not because he has to.

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Oct 30, 2018

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Powerbomb.tv has Chikara's season 4 up if you wanna relive some 05-era indie goodness.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
congratulations to Stokely for pinning g UltraMantis Black

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
I hated NRG with a passion, but I've come around on Race because him and his stable at least seems interesting. I've hated Hype Rockwell just floating around and being a jobber to the stars even more then his time as a part of NRG. Hype's had 12 matches this year and only has a win over a jobber and in a trios match against Blank's stable. The last time Hype has won a match (not counting a 1 minute DQ, Jobber or Blank/Race) was Aniversario in 2015 which was a 4 way that also had Los Ice Creams, The Batiri and The Colony.

He's had a total of 51 matches, is arguably part of the worst tag team to hold the titles, and rarely wins anyway. During a relatively long losing streak he's also gotten a 17 minute match with the grand championship on the line.

I had to check, and Sugar Dunkerton had a total of 52 matches for his run in Chikara. Dunkerton was also a lot better at actually connecting with the crowd, wasn't a black hole of charisma and actually had entertaining matches. It feels ridiculous that Dunkerton's not coming back at all because of whatever disagreements (I've also heard that Quack basically said he had nothing for him to do) but Rockwell just keeps coming back.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

syzpid posted:

I hated NRG with a passion, but I've come around on Race because him and his stable at least seems interesting. I've hated Hype Rockwell just floating around and being a jobber to the stars even more then his time as a part of NRG. Hype's had 12 matches this year and only has a win over a jobber and in a trios match against Blank's stable. The last time Hype has won a match (not counting a 1 minute DQ, Jobber or Blank/Race) was Aniversario in 2015 which was a 4 way that also had Los Ice Creams, The Batiri and The Colony.

He's had a total of 51 matches, is arguably part of the worst tag team to hold the titles, and rarely wins anyway. During a relatively long losing streak he's also gotten a 17 minute match with the grand championship on the line.

I had to check, and Sugar Dunkerton had a total of 52 matches for his run in Chikara. Dunkerton was also a lot better at actually connecting with the crowd, wasn't a black hole of charisma and actually had entertaining matches. It feels ridiculous that Dunkerton's not coming back at all because of whatever disagreements (I've also heard that Quack basically said he had nothing for him to do) but Rockwell just keeps coming back.

Sugar also lives in the UK now, I think?

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Sugar also lives in the UK now, I think?

Looks like he spent a few months in the UK this year, even so he's done matches in Quebec, NJ, NY, Indiana, Illonis, along with a lot of matches geographically closer to him in the southeast. He also hasn't wrestled for Chikara since 2013, so there's a lot of empty space in between.

I realize most likely it's because of money and they couldn't afford to have him travel up here.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
I bet you all the money I have that Quack sent Dan Murphy of PWI a strongly worded letter about breaking kayfabe with this.

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Eh, her social media presence is already commingled. It's not like they put Hallowicked's identity in there.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

So the Cibenetico match this year will be Chikara vs. Beyond.

This means Nick Gage's Chikara debut.

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!
Is being gang affiliated PG? What about MDK? I guess we'll all find out together.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I still can't believe it oh my god yes

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004

Gavok posted:

So the Cibenetico match this year will be Chikara vs. Beyond.

This means Nick Gage's Chikara debut.

Joey Janela saying "god drat" in the promo announcing it was pretty funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

7 Man Army is at 3 today. Here are the matches:

- 7-on-7 Cibernetico Match with Team Beyond (Chris Dickinson, Cam Zagami, Brian Milonas, Nick Gage, Ryan Galeone, John Silver, Alex Reynolds) vs. Team Chikara (Dasher Hatfield, Boomer Hatfield, Hallowicked, Icarus, Juan Francisco, Proletariat Boar, UltraMantis Black). UltraMantis is a last-minute replacement for Danjerhawk, who was injured.

- The Colony vs. The Proteus Wheel

- Razerhawk vs. Travis Huckabee

- Ophidian vs. Tony Deppen

- Lucas Calhoun and Axel Ford vs. Hermit Crab and Cajun Crawdad