Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

syzpid posted:

For that matter, NRG always came off to me as a poor, poor, poor man's version of 2.0/3.0.

Um, they were a direct ripoff of High Energy, Koko B. Ware and Owen Hart. 2.0 had nothing to do with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

syzpid posted:

I was a big fan of High Energy as a kid, and it was nice to see it referenced, maybe for the first month or two? But the team first showed up at the end of 2014. I was saying on top of being based on High Energy, they also felt like a poor man's version of 2.0. I mean the energy drink was a running bit for what felt like a whole season. Ironically enough 2.0 had their issues with Chikara (and personal issues) which caused them to mostly drop out of Chikara at the end of 2014.

I see. I thought you meant that he was based on one half of a jobber tag team as in The Model Rick Martel.

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

forkboy84 posted:

Eddie Kingston promos often ended up being my favourite part of Chikara shows. Especially around the time him and Larry Sweeney had their feud.

I love Eddie because you could see that the parents with kids had fun watching the Ice Creams and the flippy-doos, but when Eddie came out. Everyone knew it was time for 'rasslin' and a beating laid down.

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

Mel Mudkiper posted:

if it were ophidian and his wife those masks would not be photoshopped on

His wife doesn't wear a mask.

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

Quack's wrist had basically been broken for years and years. Some wrist bone is all messed up and it's stuck that way now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

Eh, her social media presence is already commingled. It's not like they put Hallowicked's identity in there.