Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Gonna be honest, losing most of the ants has hit me hard on the enthusiasm front along with jfdc holding the title for so long.

There needs to be a good face run to hype people up again

Ultramantis leaving is what sapped a lot of my enthusiasm for the product. That, and the one thing Chikara had going for it was its sense of humor and that's been watered down a lot as talent leaves and Quack doubles down on comic book references.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Gavok posted:

So DUSTIN and Chuck Taylor TM are now in the alumni section with Chuck TM's Twitter now deleted. Not too surprising.

What doesn't seem to make much sense is that Quack and Bryce are also in the alumni section.

Chucky T/DUSTIN was the last lingering thread of my interest in the company, so I guess I'm done if they've stopped booking him.

Which is weird, because I thought he helped book Chikara.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Gavok posted:

Crummels and Defarge looked like poo poo here.

Isn't that their whole gimmick?

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

coconono posted:

Janela doing Chikara would be weird since his schtick really works when its R-rated. I'd start watching Chikara more if he did tho.

The same is true of Chuck Taylor and he did fine there.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Alastor_the_Stylish posted:

I love Eddie because you could see that the parents with kids had fun watching the Ice Creams and the flippy-doos, but when Eddie came out. Everyone knew it was time for 'rasslin' and a beating laid down.

Yeah, he was a nice change of pace on the card for sure.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

syzpid posted:

I think TD just does it as a hobby, almost all of his matches outside of Chikara he's either teaming with Dasher or just working with other Chikara regulars.

That's a shame, because unlike a lot of the other Chikara regulars, TD could probably have good matches with people outside of Chikara.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Hallowicked, Frightmare, Dasher Hatfield and pre-injury Ultramantis would also probably qualify for this, but not many others.

And Eddie Kingston, don't forget. Hallowicked's gimmick really falls flat outside of Chikara, and while Ultramantis was always a little awkward in the ring, he was such a good worker otherwise that his matches were always fun.

edit: oh, and Tim Donst.

Really, Quack should get back on his OCD meds and start letting his students work people besides each other again so they'll get better.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Wait, did Quack unretire? I thought wrestling had destroyed his body already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Wazzu posted:

For a fun focussed promotion, Chikara sure does a bad job of it sometimes.

Quack's OCD gets in the way of the booking a lot these days, and having a promotion of green Wrestle Factory students with underdeveloped stage instincts doesn't help.