Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

ruddiger posted:

I really liked the news commentary peppered throughout the episode. "Why is it when they get someone in a costume, they're a superhero, yes when we get one, they're a vigilante?" was pretty good.

poo poo got pretty intense with both police encounters too, and I wasn't expecting someone to ever be used as a human shield on a CW show (well, outside of that middle east combat zone show).

He used a guy as a human shield despite wearing bullet proof armor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...
I'm not a fan of the costume. It looks like he's going to play laser tag.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...
Marvel has mutants, DC has metahumans, but it's pretty much the same. Some people are just born with or develop super powers. If they they have kids, typically the kids will also get super powers. :shrug:

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Bruceski posted:

Is "Blacksploitation" the right term for this show's plot beats? I've never been sure where the actual genre ends and "just slapping it onto any movie with black folks" begins. Or, for that matter, if the term is actually racist and I shouldn't be using it.

I don't believe it's considered racists, but I will reconsidered if corrected. Blacksploitation is a particular style (mostly but not elusively film) that emerged in the 70's. It was a mix of black power/empowerment, funk and soul music, and pulp/exploitation, which were B movies with lurid focus on sex and violence. There is definitely some blackspoloitation in the shows DNA. But it also seems way more interested in examining and trying to understand violence than sensationalizing it. I personally wouldn't call it a blackspoitation show.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Xelkelvos posted:

I just checked his wiki page and it mentioned a series with Hudlin on an alt history in response to the Confederates series with this alt history being Black people get three states as reparations for the Civil War

Yeah, its for Amazon. All the press releases compared it to Man in High Castle. I don't know if it's going to be tonally similar or if they were just making that comparison since Man in High Castle was well received and from the same studio.

• Locked thread