Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

He has to face off against The 100? :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Mooseontheloose posted:

So this is in the Arrowverse?

Nope. In the Filmed-in-Atlantaverse.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Bruceski posted:

Gonna be a couple of hours over here, sounds like the verdict is "the trailers didn't let us down"?

The pilot was real good.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

I just realized that Dexter's dad is still training his son to murder criminals. He's a bad influence.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

He wants so badly to do the right thing without violence. I really liked that scene in the high school gym.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

The boyfriend is 100% going to get murdered horribly become a cripple. He is too nice.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

muscles like this! posted:

So Whale thinks Black Lightning is dead but it also seems like Black Lightning thinks Whale is dead. Have to wonder how that came about.

Gonna guess Dexter's dad lied to him. Also there will be cheap drama involved when this is revealed

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Yea there is no way that Lady Eve and Tobias are the same rank in their organization. Not sure why people thought that either after their first scene together. Also was she doing some freaky voodoo poo poo? :stonk:

I really liked that vigilante justice gone wrong scene. If only she had magical Batman level training to punch people just hard enough to hurt them but not nearly kill them :v:

I hope Khalil doesn't fall for this obvious ploy.

e:

the_rhino posted:

But Black Lighting, I sell drugs to the community. Now can I get a selfie with you?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Feb 7, 2018

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

He can fly :v:

Another amazing episode. Lots of backstory for everyone, hilariously bad(but I assume comics accurate) costume for Anissa and a James Brown beatdown payback.

Tobias and his sister are a good team and great villains.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Feb 14, 2018

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

I must find out the weakness of my enemy. Now let's google what health problems albinos have :v:

Goddamn Anissa's outfit is still hella goofy.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Anissa is a good egg. Now hopefully she will have an outfit to match. The scene between her and Jefferson at the end was :3:

I'm glad this show is using one of the best parts of Luke Cage: the antagonist has their hideout in a music club. :v:

I hope that Lady Eve was the only one who knew the magic resurrection poo poo, or it'll be silly if they just start bringing everyone back.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

4000 Dollar Suit posted:

My prediction for next episode:

Detective: Yo BL I can't believe you killed those people.
BL: Naw I was set up, c'mon man. busy accidentally killing another lady
DT: oh okay, cool.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Azhais posted:

Where'd they get the Ghostbusters' guns?

Yea that was one of the biggest wtf moments. "Tobias, we can frame Black Lightning by hiring some goons to kill Lady Eve with guns that shoot loving electricity." I guess those are common.

e: vvv Tobias' sister definitely had a good plan. I was more surprised at the existence of LIGHTNING GUNS

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Mar 9, 2018

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Not just lightning guns, nuclear powered lightning guns! :science:

Lala is crazy as hell and it's amazing.

I like that Jennifer discovers her powers and goes to get help right away. None of this keeping it a secret poo poo.

howe_sam posted:

Black Lightning is the best superhero mentor

:agreed: All the scenes with Jefferson and Anissa were great. Going to be even better when Jennifer joins them.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

tsob posted:

What day do new episodes air domestically? I'm watching it on Netflix UK and caught up to it a few days ago but it puts new episodes up Tuesday if I recall and I'm pretty sure that's a couple of days behind so I want to know when to avoid the thread.

It's Tuesday

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Green light :eng101:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Lmao their improvised costumes. Anissa's new costume is way better than her first one. Hard to tell that Gambi made it considering it isn't covered in neon lighting.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Ahaha that old lady trying to drop things on Black Lightning.

I really want to know what Lala's deal is with his murder victim tattoos. Did Lady Eve give him powers? Did he take green light and get them from that while no one was looking? Something Else?

I love that the ASA guy isn't a complete moron and figured out Jefferson was Black Lightning.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

I hope they explain why they are just keeping those powered kids on ice. Doesn't seem like they are experimenting on them so why does the vice principal lady have a quota?

howe_sam posted:

I really hope they don't kill the cop friend. That was some solid police work by him.

He's competent and a good cop. Outlook not so good. :ohdear:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Khalil, you have regained your ability to grow hair walk.

I guess we have the answer to the quota question. Yea they were experimenting / training them, but they have a super short life expectancy.

What was that supposed to be under Syonide's skin? Is she a lizard person? :tinfoil:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Thank you Gambi for the exposition dump for Tobias, Syonide and Khalil. I guess she's not a lizard person :ms:

Tons of exposition this episode that could have been sprinkled throughout the season, but that's just a minor complaint. And it's not like the season was poorly paced or anything.

:rip: Lala again.

I am glad this show got renewed for another season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Chokes McGee posted:

So did I mishear Lynn, or did she say "Never mind, I know someone who can help" before they jump cut to the kids being saved? It's probably a S2 hook but I wanted to make sure I didn't miss anything.

Idk if the kids were saved, but it definitely cut to the news next. Maybe she just had a reporter friend who could expose the experimentation and all those poor kids died

But yea it was definitely an awkward transition so I'm wondering if I missed something super obvious.

• Locked thread