Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Narita just has a good level of aggression in his work that makes things mean more. He's gonna be real good after excursion and he's allowed to cut loose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Feels like we were just a little whole ago going man, this Kawato, man this Kitamura, these guys could be stars and now we're doing it all over again. I'm starting to think the dojo might be good.

unimportantguy
Dec 25, 2012

Hey, Johnny, what's a "shitpost"?
Ren is good, but I'm all about my boy Shota Umino. He is killing it out there every time.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

VJeff posted:

Feels like we were just a little whole ago going man, this Kawato, man this Kitamura, these guys could be stars and now we're doing it all over again. I'm starting to think the dojo might be good.

The dojo should've taught Kawato to catch people!

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Guys.... guys... I have tickets to the ROH show in Scotland next month, and TANAHASHI IS GONNA BE THERE! :neckbeard:

Genericide
Jan 20, 2004

Gaz-L posted:

Guys.... guys... I have tickets to the ROH show in Scotland next month, and TANAHASHI IS GONNA BE THERE! :neckbeard:

same and holy poo poo

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Pro tip: Tanahashi likes to hang out after the show and take pictures with fans with much shorter lines than at preshow signings.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Gaz-L posted:

Wonder if some ICW guys'll get booked

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Wonder if some ICW guys'll get booked

I don't think so. I looked up the card from last year when I was booking the tickets and it looked like all ROH and New Japan contracted talent (All of LIJ were there last year, this year we're getting Tana, YTR and EVIL/SANADA). Plus ICW has that relationship with WWE.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Gaz-L posted:

I don't think so. I looked up the card from last year when I was booking the tickets and it looked like all ROH and New Japan contracted talent (All of LIJ were there last year, this year we're getting Tana, YTR and EVIL/SANADA). Plus ICW has that relationship with WWE.

Is the relationship essentially Ohno or HHH shows up sometimes?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Is the relationship essentially Ohno or HHH shows up sometimes?

Replace Ohno with McIntyre

Noam Dar too...

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Usually it's Rev Pro that can get the weird cross promotion matches sometimes, much like when they had Mustache mountain lose to Suzuki Gun

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Usually it's Rev Pro that can get the weird cross promotion matches sometimes, much like when they had Mustache mountain lose to Suzuki Gun

They got Ospreay vs Dunne too, I think

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
young lion Yagi is out with a fractured ulna

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Watching Tanahashi vs Riko for the GHC title and it's so weird seeing short hair Tanahashi and him not dancing. Also if I remember correctly wasn't Riko bombing pretty hard as champion too?

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Did we find out yet what's happening with Kitamura?

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

Frankston posted:

Did we find out yet what's happening with Kitamura?

His profile is still up on both the NJPW websites, and there's been no news since the initial rumor.

he's BONE SOLDIER

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Watching Tanahashi vs Riko for the GHC title and it's so weird seeing short hair Tanahashi and him not dancing. Also if I remember correctly wasn't Riko bombing pretty hard as champion too?

Rikio wasn't really built up as a legitimate contender between his original loss to Kobashi and his win a year later. Plus, Kobashi probably should have dropped the title to Akiyama in July '04, at least in hindsight. That loss hurt Akiyama for a long time afterword, as it was plainly stated that he was not a match for the old guard. Pretty sure Rikio ended up losing the title to Taue later in the year as well, because NOAH was not good at making believable, long term, new stars.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Aesculus posted:

he's BONE SOLDIER

:getin:

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...
i want him to come out in that original bone soldier outfit without them tailoring it to his bigness
like an adult wearing a kid's spider-man costume

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

SG Bamboo posted:

Rikio wasn't really built up as a legitimate contender between his original loss to Kobashi and his win a year later. Plus, Kobashi probably should have dropped the title to Akiyama in July '04, at least in hindsight. That loss hurt Akiyama for a long time afterword, as it was plainly stated that he was not a match for the old guard. Pretty sure Rikio ended up losing the title to Taue later in the year as well, because NOAH was not good at making believable, long term, new stars.

IIRC online English fans at the time most people thought Morishima should of been the one to beat Kobashi. Also IIRC some really thought Tanahashi was over rated and wouldn't make it as a top star too which is funny but you can sort of see in this match as he's way too serious.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Nothing really new, but if you wanna hear about his situation with New Japan in his own words:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2X1dgETlw8&t=390s

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

https://twitter.com/suzuki_D_minoru/status/987519187491803137

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Here's Suzuki and Ayumi Nakamura in the studio with a sample of that new Suzuki-gun theme

https://www.instagram.com/p/BhjqjyQgFRf/

Qoey
Jun 2, 2014

Baron Corbyn posted:

Here's Suzuki and Ayumi Nakamura in the studio with a sample of that new Suzuki-gun theme

https://www.instagram.com/p/BhjqjyQgFRf/

I like it! that straightforward beat underneath it is awesome

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

hearing hoping we get a full Tokyo Dome entrance with Ayumi performing

Also please put song in your evil Gacha game Bushiroad

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

SatoshiMiwa posted:

hearing hoping we get a full Tokyo Dome entrance with Ayumi performing

*ANOTHER full Dome entrance

:colbert:

https://youtu.be/A0P-SgpwYnE

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Is Zacky One-Belt still sulking after Ishii took his title?

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Holy poo poo Taichi's final fantasy sneakers

saffi faildotter
Mar 2, 2007

huge fan of iizuka in the background gnawing at his leash

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Imagine not being a Taichi fan

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Benne posted:

My imagination doesn't extend to such impossibilities.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Benne posted:

My memory reaches back further than a few months ago, so I do remember that.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

we're fast approaching the one year anniversary of the moment where it became, in my mind, unacceptable not be a Taichi fan (his classic match with Taka Michinoku in BOSJ)

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

frankenfreak posted:

My memory reaches back further than a few months ago, so I do remember that.

Yeah this. He wasn’t really the drizzling shits (that’s Iizuka) but he wasn’t doing much of anything besides be a lovely low-card heel. Then he attacked Naito and embraced being a heavy instead of a flightless junior, and here we are.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

harperdc posted:

*ANOTHER full Dome entrance

:colbert:

https://youtu.be/A0P-SgpwYnE

Yeah I forgot the second or another in there

Anyway tomorrow in the first main road to Donatku card and Ishii vs Henare and the continued LIj/Suzuki Gun stuff looks good. Oh and Knife Pevert too in the main event i Guess

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

The Jr Tag title match started slow but had a g r e a t second half

The Saviour
Feb 19, 2006

So many wreslting goons in Edinburgh? I'm also going to the ROH United show in May. More excited for Handsome SANADA than Tanahashi though

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Tonfa posted:

The Jr Tag title match started slow but had a g r e a t second half

Hell yeah forgot this show happened today so will tune into this now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
https://twitter.com/TheFlipGordon/status/988451738779779072

ugh thats a lotta flip matches