Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
http://twitter.com/hairywrestling/status/1019545115948437505?s=21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Clicking on that has lead me to this article about Suzuki being out of character:
https://hairywrestlingfan.com/2018/06/13/15-awesome-out-of-character-moments-from-minoru-suzuki/

And yes, the article includes the Mecha Mummy feud, as well as a pic of Suzuki at WM34 in which he looks like he is ready to go to the ring and just choke some fuckers out.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
:dudsmile:

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Germansimp posted:

Clicking on that has lead me to this article about Suzuki being out of character:
https://hairywrestlingfan.com/2018/06/13/15-awesome-out-of-character-moments-from-minoru-suzuki/

And yes, the article includes the Mecha Mummy feud, as well as a pic of Suzuki at WM34 in which he looks like he is ready to go to the ring and just choke some fuckers out.

That last one seems entirely in-character, though? Or is the OoC that he didn't follow through?

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Gaz-L posted:

That last one seems entirely in-character, though? Or is the OoC that he didn't follow through?

The latter. I mean, he went to that poo poo show, and yet no young lions (read: NXT jobbers) were killed trying to stop him.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Germansimp posted:

can't believe this article doesn't include minoru suzuki being the biggest celebrity fan of one piece in japan

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I would have marked had Braun started announcing his tag partner and:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFKCwEdlAOo

Takuan
May 6, 2007

Minoru Suzuki running someone over with a bicycle is not out of character. Also, the more I learn about Minoru Suzuki the more he seems like a really cool dude.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade

Ringo Roadagain posted:

can't believe this article doesn't include minoru suzuki being the biggest celebrity fan of one piece in japan
It's literally the second item on the list.

Also:

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Petition to replace Desperado with Snoopy

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Who are the Peanuts characters that best represent the rest of Suzuki-gun? Zack and TAKA are obviously Patti and Marcy, of course

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Suzuki not only would pull the football away from Charlie Brown but also hit him with a chair afterwards

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Is Kanemaru or Iizuka Pigpen?

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Petition to replace Desperado with Snoopy
Snoopy is already Iizuka, look at the picture again. Despy is Woodstock.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

frankenfreak posted:

Snoopy is already Iizuka, look at the picture again. Despy is Woodstock.

Nah, if Snoopy was Iizuka he'd try to eat the Suzuki-gun banner, not hold it up.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade

Germansimp posted:

Nah, if Snoopy was Iizuka he'd try to eat the Suzuki-gun banner, not hold it up.
Look at the card to the left. Snoopy with the iron gauntlet.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Snoopy and Iizuka are also the only two to share a collar, so it's pretty much a closed case.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

coconono posted:

if you watch enough New Japan, you will realize that Yano is the greatest wrestling since Antonio Inoki. He's gotten nearly every wrestler, without too much prompting to do some of the stupidest poo poo imaginable. Even got a DUD rated match with Omega.
this was when dave meltzer outed himself as a dumbshit baby

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

The one G1 Yano takes completely seriously and legally is gonna be the one where all his opponents cheat against him

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I’m so excited....I’m only 90 minutes away....from being totally caught with the G1!

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

frankenfreak posted:

It's literally the second item on the list.

Also:

poo poo Im real dumb anyway here's minoru suzuki doing a one piece trivia show with a bunch of other celebrities and also he has luffy's devil fruit shaved into his hair here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pu6lM4ZWwto

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I am so god drat excited for YTR vs ZSJ. I have an irrational hope that YTR will tap ZSJ out and I'll have no one to blame but myself when I find myself broken hearted after the match is over.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

tired: the tragedy of Okada's fall from godhood
inspired: the tragedy of YTR relapsing after turning over a new leaf

Pixelponny
Oct 30, 2007

Two bloody great handfuls
Pillbug
Dear New Japan thread,

How many times does one wrestler have to get seriously hurt to get **** or better? I heard one broken neck is a guaranteed five stars.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Pixelponny posted:

Dear New Japan thread,

How many times does one wrestler have to get seriously hurt to get **** or better? I heard one broken neck is a guaranteed five stars.

HHH tore his quad and got something like ****1/2, so maybe take that as a guide

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

meme doesn't even make sense the broken neck match was the worst of their series

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

JR getting hurt during a match is a half star bonus though

Pixelponny
Oct 30, 2007

Two bloody great handfuls
Pillbug

Super No Vacancy posted:

JR getting hurt during a match is a half star bonus though

Oh, OK thanks.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Phenix Rising posted:

I am so god drat excited for YTR vs ZSJ.

:yeah:

I can't wait for this.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Phenix Rising posted:

I am so god drat excited for YTR vs ZSJ. I have an irrational hope that YTR will tap ZSJ out and I'll have no one to blame but myself when I find myself broken hearted after the match is over.

YTR is going to win because he never goes for the punch to the balls and ZSJ doesn't know what to do. Book it.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Gumball Gumption posted:

YTR is going to win because he never goes for the punch to the balls and ZSJ doesn't know what to do. Book it.

Johnny Saint passed to ZSJ a technique that would beautifully counter the ball punch. ZSJ has yet to bust it out yet.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i think they tie each other into pretzels outside and both get counted out

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

ZSJ in the tags against Yano has always had the answer to Yano's antics so it should be fun to see if Yano going serious throws Zach off his game.

PASS THE MASH
Oct 30, 2013

I hope YTR makes ZSJ cry.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I want Yano to lose every match because his opponents cheat and take advantage of his new leaf and then he snaps in the last match and breaks every rule in the book to pick up his only two points.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

no matter how long it is, yano/zsj will have been 15 minutes too short

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!
I just rewatched because it's short and I liked it so much but Sanada getting fed up with Yano in last year's G1 made such a great match.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

coconono posted:

Johnny Saint passed to ZSJ a technique that would beautifully counter the ball punch. ZSJ has yet to bust it out yet.

He squeezed his legs together to counter it in the G1 Special multi-man match, if that wasn’t it then I absolutely need to see this special technique

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Your Boy Fancy posted:

Okada/Yano from last year's G1 is a personal favorite.

Side note: a friend of mine got someone into NJPW by showing them the G1 through the eyes of Yano, and he was amazed and delighted and now he watches New Japan.

Oh God, the end of the match where Okada is triumphantly posing and Yano is standing defeated and then just goes :shrug: and moves on is so loving great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

It was kinda fun last year that Kenny went down to YTR’s level, rediscovered his old comedy wrestling chops, and beat him at his own game