Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Please, we all know Okada only went back to the Rainmaker outfit because the Budokan wouldn’t let him have his balloons. The story of Weird Okada is only just beginning!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

FS singles stuff is weird because "I can't win so I'm not even going to try" is an angle for losers. They work fine as a tag/trios unit.

an_mutt
Sep 29, 2010

I was,
I am,
and I remain a soldier!

Sworn to dedicate my heart and soul to the restoration of human kind!

Strawberry Panda posted:

He went back to the Rainmaker outfit against Tana in the last G1 match. Maybe that means Tana was the only wrestler he took seriously in the tournament.
It was the one match too, I think, where he did the Tombstone into a big yell spot, which is the moment when I actually thought he was gonna win and go back to Rainmaker-Okada for the final. Oh well!

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels

VJeff posted:

Personally, I really don't need to see Okada/Omega again until like, I dunno. Late 2019? The feud's over, let it be over for at least a full year.

Part of me agrees, but doesn't Okada have to main event this show? Closing out MSG is a legacy-defining opportunity and I don't see them giving it to Ibushi. Naito makes some sense but it's harder to see for me.

Only real fundamental feeling here: don't blow this on something weak.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

sigmachiev posted:

Part of me agrees, but doesn't Okada have to main event this show? Closing out MSG is a legacy-defining opportunity and I don't see them giving it to Ibushi. Naito makes some sense but it's harder to see for me.

Only real fundamental feeling here: don't blow this on something weak.

This but Tanahashi. Especially if he keeps the case, and wins at Tokyo Dome.

If it’s not some forced ROH vs NJPW main event, and if you REALLY want to steal shine from WWE on Mania weekend, you give the people Tanahashi versus Naito, Omega, or Okada. They may not know they want it, but the Ace still has some life left.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
The more I think about it the more I'm convinced Tana is taking the belt to MSG

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

I don't know if they'd go straight from a 2 year + reign to a 6 month reign, especially since they consider Kenny to be their ambassador to the west (CEO fuckup non-withstanding)

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Dave was pitching that Omega should lose at the dome then win it back from Tanahashi at MSG. It's a little bit hotshotty but the story supports it.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
A world where a 3 month title reign is deemed a hotshot :psyduck:

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Rarity posted:

A world where a 3 month title reign is deemed a hotshot :psyduck:

Not a ton of shows for the champion to be featured on outside of G1 season.

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels

VJeff posted:

Dave was pitching that Omega should lose at the dome then win it back from Tanahashi at MSG. It's a little bit hotshotty but the story supports it.

This works for me.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Benne posted:

The more I think about it the more I'm convinced Tana is taking the belt to MSG

I'm fine with this

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
WK ends with the Ace air-guitaring with the belt, as nature intended.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

big news:

https://twitter.com/reasonjp/status/1030226351037411328

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
thats great! kojima's probably my favorite new japan "old guy", for whatever reason, i've missed him and his nasal strips.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

VJeff posted:

But how does this lead to Naito being champ?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Strawberry Panda posted:

But how does this lead to Naito being champ?

WK 2020

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
Wait isn’t that Yuji Nagata?

Am I confusing my old NJPW wrestlers?

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

If you haven't seen Koji's Instagram you should check it out and marvel at how jacked the leader of Bread Club is right now.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
Kojima was never small though. Jacked Kojima for G1 29

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

fart blood posted:

Wait isn’t that Yuji Nagata?

Am I confusing my old NJPW wrestlers?

nagata's there too, koji's the one with the... stunning white glasses, excellent look sir.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Your Boy Fancy posted:

Kojima was never small though. Jacked Kojima for G1 29

Yeah, as I was looking at the pictures I had the same thought but he just looks so loving stacked right now that it's blowing my mind. I've missed him and his Breathe Right strips.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

STRONGEST ARM IS BACK gently caress YES

I hope he can still go hard, he was still consistently putting on bangers in singles matches before his injury.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_NJPW_pay-per-view_events#2018

... ... ...um.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Man Taguchi is really going method with his gimmicks now

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Okada is starting to slip, he's only able to manage perfect 5 star matches now :ohdear:

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Okada at Arena Mexico starts at 9:30 Eastern, his match will probably go to the ring around 11 give or take 10 minutes. Or just join us for the whole show here:

http://www.psp-tv.com/r/badmoviesworsewrestling

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

kojima vs pco please

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
here's cmll vod, linked to the timestamp for the okada match. probably don't need to remind anyone here, but remember it's a 2 of 3 falls match with some weird elimination rules i will never actually understand (something about captains idfk) that you won't need to really worry about

https://youtu.be/MyW5I3kt5ek?t=4910

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

No Balloons in Arena Mexico made me...sad

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Happy to report that Dominator Great O-Kharn beat Shane Strickland last night.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Assuming he doesn't get repackaged before coming back, I'd be loving fascinated to see how that gimmick plays with a New Japan crowd

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

He'll probably be repackaged, that's what happened with Kamaitachi, Wacky Takaaki, and Okato

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

https://twitter.com/reasonjp/status/1030938031505600512

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

oh cool, I always thought Lupin was the leadin for Kamen Rider, not the otherway around.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Tanahashi having Precure, Rider and Sentai as a lead in for the G1 must be super happy

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

update on the special:
https://twitter.com/reasonjp/status/1030993746127544321

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

https://twitter.com/reasonjp/status/1030990483932119040

These kids are in the know!

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

That show looks really adorable. Drawing a connection to common anime/videogame elements like hit points and power levels is such an obviously brilliant idea for a kids' wrestling program that I'm stunned it hasn't been done before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

God drat smart marks trying to get themselves over :argh: