Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Hoss Corncave posted:

Who do we think is going where?

Best Friends had better not abandon Little Kazu... :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Hoss Corncave posted:

So, we have Okada and presumably Yoshi on one side, and Switchblade on Gedo on the other. That leaves:

Ishii
Goto
Yano
Rocky
R3K
Best Friends
Ospreay
Jado

Best Friends, Ospreay and Rocky are probably sticking with Okada. I want to believe Sho and Yoh won't abandon Rocky but the Switchblade may have gotten into their heads so i'm not convinced.

After how much of a drag the Bullet Club break up and then subsequent 2nd break up ended up being i'm kinda surprised that i'm looking forward to seeing what comes from this. Maybe it's just because Cody attacking Kenny wasn't even half as emotional a moment as Gedo killing his son, or maybe i'm just programmed to be invested in any feud Okada's involved in. Whatever the case i'm excited to see where this goes.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Hoss Corncave posted:

So, we have Okada and presumably Yoshi on one side, and Switchblade on Gedo on the other. That leaves:

Ishii
Goto
Yano
Rocky
R3K
Best Friends
Ospreay
Jado

y-h is prob gonna end up as one of tana's light warriors along with hangman page. ishii should be face and i'd turn goto. ospreay will almost certainly stick with okada.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
I thought Yoshi tripped, then saw all the blood once he got into the ring so thought he may have just stopped to blade before getting in. Poor guy.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I really can't see any of the Chaos people splitting off with Jay White apart from Gedo/Jado. Everyone else already hates him.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

It's either side with someone successful who you hate, or side with a guy who's now lost everything and is in the middle of losing to everyone

Best Friends and Yano I completely trust to be smart enough to know who will help them continue to advance up the ranks

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Best Friends, Ospreay and Rocky are probably sticking with Okada. I want to believe Sho and Yoh won't abandon Rocky but the Switchblade may have gotten into their heads so i'm not convinced.

After how much of a drag the Bullet Club break up and then subsequent 2nd break up ended up being i'm kinda surprised that i'm looking forward to seeing what comes from this. Maybe it's just because Cody attacking Kenny wasn't even half as emotional a moment as Gedo killing his son, or maybe i'm just programmed to be invested in any feud Okada's involved in. Whatever the case i'm excited to see where this goes.

It helps that everyone in Chaos is a good wrestler, who I want to see matches from. As opposed to Tama Tonga and Cody.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Makabe repeatedly calls Yoshi-Hashi an idiot after he gets chumped in his heroic save attempt :lol:

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I'm torn about them doing the Okada/Gedo split before the heel turn. On the one hand, it works as justification, Gedo turns on Okada because not only is he losing, but he's decided he's 'too good' for Gedo. On the other hand, it would've been a bigger shock had they done this angle first.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Just watched KUSHIDA vs BUSHI and ACE vs LONG BOYS. NJPW is good

John Dudebro
Dec 3, 2013

i cannot get over how funny it is that yoshi-hashi had his big moment to stand up to jay white and he tripped and exploded his face before he even got in the ring

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

please post yoshi hashi gif sorry if it's been posted already

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Welp I didn't think Switchblade vs Okada would have enough heat for the Dome but guess Gedo knew all along...

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

yea ok posted:

please post yoshi hashi gif sorry if it's been posted already

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

thank you

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
That was loving peak Tacos, I can't stop laughing

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

There's this mom in an LIJ shirt who gets hype as Yoshi's on the ramp, and then he hits the apron and she just puts her hands on her temples like "oh, Yoshi, you dullard"

Genericide
Jan 20, 2004

yoshi looks dead daft in his John Lewis bag t-shirt

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
I can't get excited for yoshi Hashi vs Jay white, nor do I want to

ChikoDemono
Jul 10, 2007

He said that he would stay forever.

Forever wasn't very long...

"The Man Gravity Never Forgets" Yoshi-Hashi.

Hope he's alright.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
Just finished watching Kobe. Good show, glad they finally pulled the trigger on a Chaos split rather than just having Knife Pervert cost them tag matches and yell at Rocky and Yoshi-Hashi for 4 more months.

Hoss Corncave posted:

Ishii
Goto
Yano
Rocky
R3K
Best Friends
Ospreay
Jado

Best Friends, Ospreay, Yano, and Rocky are probably sticking with Okada. Jado going with Gedo is a no-brainer and if R3K don't ditch Rocky to join up with Switchblade I will be legitimately shocked. Goto and Ishii I could see going either way but I bet Ishii will probably stick with Okada and Goto will either bail on both groups or go with Jay and Gedo.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I dunno. I could see Yano going with Jay based on him being more true to the CHAOS than YTR and Nakamura started.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

oh god if ishii and yano are in opposite stables... :ohdear:

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
https://twitter.com/totaldivaseps/status/1043922289358704642

Breathe with the Switchblade y'all

Carlioo
Dec 26, 2012

:krakentoot:
So who did the bigger goof, titus or tacos?

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Titus actually sliding underneath the ring apron was a million times funnier imo

It's just a shame WWE had to completely and utterly run it into the ground over the next couple of weeks and killed it. Huh.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Benne posted:

Breathe with the Switchblade y'all

He's just a passionate player who's giving his all for the team :unsmith:

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

just finished watching it and poor Yoshi-Hashi. Dude just isn't good at his job.

Match was great, not their best but who cares. I do think I need to swap back to Japanese commentary for the main events though. The English booth is good but they don't have that energy that the JP booth has.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Dude I cannot believe Yoshi-Hashi shoot busted himself open when he was going to do his big heroic save angle.

I wonder if it was gonna be any different if he hadn't hurt himself. The segment has to end with Switchblade and Gedo standing tall, but Yoshi probably would've gotten a little more than that before he was cut off.

Also nobody's talking about this, Gedo and Switchblade's biggest crime is denying us Air Guitar and AIIIIIIIISHTEMASU and then streamers :mad:

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

VJeff posted:

Dude I cannot believe Yoshi-Hashi shoot busted himself open when he was going to do his big heroic save angle.

I wonder if it was gonna be any different if he hadn't hurt himself.

There's a tiny part of me that wonders if Tacos wasn't supposed to be the one to turn on Okada and blast him with a chair, and then he tripped and Gedo just facepalmed and went "I'll do it myself, for gently caress's sake".

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Nah, yoshi turning is a big shrug from the crowd. Gedo turning is

Jerusalem posted:

HE'S YOUR SON GEDO! HE'S YOUR PERFECT SON :gonk:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Gaz-L posted:

There's a tiny part of me that wonders if Tacos wasn't supposed to be the one to turn on Okada and blast him with a chair, and then he tripped and Gedo just facepalmed and went "I'll do it myself, for gently caress's sake".

Nah, he was helping Okada up before Switchblade doinked him with the chair.

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...
I see no one's commented on this but Yoshi's fall got edited out of the NJPWWorld vod. It's the same shot but heavily zoomed in on Jay.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Carlioo posted:

So who did the bigger goof, titus or tacos?

Definitely Tacos. He messed up his own big moment while Titus was just a throwaway entrant in a rumble. Titus' is funnier, though, because YOSHI legit hurt himself which turns it from hilarious to sad.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

I was looking at DVR guide and AXS isn't showing Fighting Spirit Unleashed live? I don't mind watching on NJPWWorld but that's a surprise.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

cronox2 posted:

I see no one's commented on this but Yoshi's fall got edited out of the NJPWWorld vod. It's the same shot but heavily zoomed in on Jay.

I'm confused as to why the replay was initially a full show but is now chopped into individual matches. I much prefer the former so I don't have to get up and switch after each match. Plus the full shows seem to stream better for me.

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Welp I didn't think Switchblade vs Okada would have enough heat for the Dome but guess Gedo knew all along...

Trust in Gedo. Unless you're Okada apparently!

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Chinston Wurchill posted:

I'm confused as to why the replay was initially a full show but is now chopped into individual matches. I much prefer the former so I don't have to get up and switch after each match. Plus the full shows seem to stream better for me.

Makes it easier for people to get to the matches they want to watch.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Pinwiz11 posted:

I was looking at DVR guide and AXS isn't showing Fighting Spirit Unleashed live? I don't mind watching on NJPWWorld but that's a surprise.

Yeah, it's live on World, and then the following Friday on AXS. Hopefully this means JR and Kevin will do the commercial bumpers in post and the show can be paced more normally.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet

cronox2 posted:

I just finished watching the replay. I didn't see it live but I noticed the weird zoom in on Jay White and gathered from the audience reaction that Yoshi ate poo poo. Made for a perfect moment

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Yeah it looks like they’ve edited Tacos’ finest moment out on NJPWWorld