Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Chris James 2 posted:

KUSHIDA/Ishimori is most likely to get no time. Kota/Ospreay only gets a short run if one of them gets hurt, which is absolutely possible of course

Can't wait to see which of them tries to leap from the ceiling of the Tokyo Dome first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

A short sprint can be better than a long drawn out match some times.

Also Goto isn't taking being left off the card well

https://twitter.com/510njpw/status/1072474140366516224?s=19

Takuan
May 6, 2007

I'm just now getting around to watching the World Tag League finals,and looking at it's card, and the Road To cards, it reinforces my belief that CHAOS is the beginning stages of dissolving. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I can't recall people from different factions ever teaming together, or people from a faction teaming with unaligned wrestlers. Yet on this group of shows several people from CHAOS are teaming with unaligned wrestlers- Okada, Ospreay, Best Friends, and YTR teaming with Tanahashi, Kushida, and GBH.

It may just be for a few shows, but this kind of thing is unprecedented in recent NJPW history, so I'm thinking that it's more significant than they're acting like it is.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

um actually i think you will find that

https://twitter.com/SexyChuckieT/status/1071001535998418944

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Takuan posted:

I'm just now getting around to watching the World Tag League finals,and looking at it's card, and the Road To cards, it reinforces my belief that CHAOS is the beginning stages of dissolving. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I can't recall people from different factions ever teaming together, or people from a faction teaming with unaligned wrestlers. Yet on this group of shows several people from CHAOS are teaming with unaligned wrestlers- Okada, Ospreay, Best Friends, and YTR teaming with Tanahashi, Kushida, and GBH.

It may just be for a few shows, but this kind of thing is unprecedented in recent NJPW history, so I'm thinking that it's more significant than they're acting like it is.

It seems that way, maybe the last stage of Okada become the undisputed ace of the promotion is handing over the reigns of the sekigun. It's kind of weird for the ace not to be representing the promotion in kayfabe I guess.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Rocky vs Rey Fenix went up on Joey Ryan's youtube the other day. It's worth checking out, Rocky works really well with pretty much anyone and obviously Fenix is one of the best in the world.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

A short sprint can be better than a long drawn out match some times.

Also Goto isn't taking being left off the card well

https://twitter.com/510njpw/status/1072474140366516224?s=19

Does YOSHI-HASHI know that he borrowed that?

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

You think Yoshi-Hashi buys hundred dollar whisky?

brian
Sep 11, 2001
I obtained this title through beard tax.

sometimes i do wonder why yoshi-hashi still has a job

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

brian posted:

sometimes i do wonder why yoshi-hashi still has a job

Gotta fund his drinking habit somehow :shrug:

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I'd turn to drink too if I managed to gently caress up the biggest opportunity of my career by falling flat on my face and concussing myself too tbh

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2d5J5pjjtY

Naito is the best promo in the company and maybe active in the business today don't @ me.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

I'd agree with that, just wish his matches didn't feel so formulaic with Naito being beat up the whole time and then hitting the Destino.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

forkboy84 posted:

I'd agree with that, just wish his matches didn't feel so formulaic with Naito being beat up the whole time and then hitting the DESTINOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

fixed that for you

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

extradite THIS! posted:

fixed that for you

Oversight because I was lazily phone posting so thank you.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Here's a question.

We've seen every possible combination of the Big 4 (Okada, Omega, Naito, Tanahashi) and the only one we haven't seen multiple times, we'll get at WK13. What's your favorite combinations of those guys? Which guy works with which of the other three guys best?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

VJeff posted:

Here's a question.

We've seen every possible combination of the Big 4 (Okada, Omega, Naito, Tanahashi) and the only one we haven't seen multiple times, we'll get at WK13. What's your favorite combinations of those guys? Which guy works with which of the other three guys best?

tier list

1. okada/omega | okada/tanahashi | omega/naito
2. omega/tanahashi? | naito/tanahashi
3. okada/naito

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Chuckie T is hosed:

https://twitter.com/judekilgour/status/1071989456679436288

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
MiSu isn't ready for Chuckie T

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

MiSu conquered the Mecha Mummy, MiSu is ready for anything

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
Who all is left for the Tag Gauntlet?

Suzuki-Gun: Suzuki, Iizuka, Archer, DBS, Taichi, Taka

BC: Fale

Elite: Chase, Yujiro, Page, Scurll

Chaos: Goto, Yano, Beretta, Chuckie T, Rocky, Yoshi?

Other: Tenzan, Kojima, Nakanishi, Nagata, Makabe, Honma, Finlay, Henare, Liger, Tiger, Taguchi, Elgin, Cobb

I hope they do two Suzuki-Gun teams because those Tag League matches were a lot of fun. If most of these guys are present for WK it could be quite a marathon!

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Fale can team with Jado and Robbie Eagles, I guess.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Seems unlikely that they'll have any ROH guys but Liger/Tiger/Cheeseburger and Dalton and the Boys would fit there well.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Don't forget Mr. Juicy's yearly appearance

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Umino/Yoshida/Narita seems like a safe bet if they want to get Young Lions on the card

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Draxion posted:

You think Yoshi-Hashi buys hundred dollar whisky?

No, he 'borrows' it from Yano.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
Suzuki and Scurll being stuck in the Trios Clusterfuck™ is a drat shame.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Some Showbuckle videos have been reuploaded.

....okay, I have no idea how to make SA not turn the channel link into a bunch of nonsense so here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ELhPAg86C4

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Show Buckle the "Fucker" better stop stealing money from New Japan.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

TriffTshngo posted:

Suzuki and Scurll being stuck in the Trios Clusterfuck™ is a drat shame.

I'm not sure Scurll will even be in it. Yujiro, Chase and Page make a lot more sense as a team.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Since the WK card is already set, I hope they set a Chuckie T vs Suzuki match at New Years Dash. I got feels for that match.

Been out sick so I've been digging through NJPW archives and am bummed there's no Black Tiger matches. I wanted to see the Takada vs Black Tiger IWGP Jr title defense :/

just rust
Oct 23, 2012

VJeff posted:

Fale can team with Jado and Robbie Eagles, I guess.

gently caress
YOU
WE ARE
JADOH&GEDOH&FALE

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

just rust posted:

gently caress
YOU
WE ARE
JADOH&GEDOH&FALE

I mean that would own but Gedo is definitely gonna be seconding Jay, so I dunno if he should come out before that.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

This assumes Okada won't be putting Gedo into the Hospital before Xmas

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

SatoshiMiwa posted:

This assumes Okada won't be putting Gedo into the Hospital before Xmas

Oh please santa

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

I like how Shingo is stuck with the hosed up looking eye makeup because he showed up with a bloodshot eye in his debut

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Tokyo Sports Awards got announced and it's not a surprise given his year but Naito's MVP streak is over

MVP: Hiroshi Tanahashi
Best Bout: Okada/Omega
Tag Team: Violent Giants
Outstanding Performance: Naomichi Marufuji
Fighting Spirit: Kaito Kiyomiya
Technique: Tetsuya Naito
Joshi: Tsukasa Fujimoto
Rookie: Utami Hayashishita

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
ACE IS BACK

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

It really is remarkable to look back to the start of the year and how Tanahashi was meticulously tortured and taken apart by Suzuki, in what I assumed MUST be an excuse to get him off the shows for a few months to have surgery, and from there he has built himself back up to the very top again in such a believable (and exciting!) way.

GO ACE!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
I thought his v12 loss was his graceful way of leaving the title scene for awhile. Boy was I wrong.